• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone playing on PS4?
I have a mic, bad english and a so so Mercy.

My PSN ID: Fersis_4

antitrop

Less than 100 SR off Top 500 now (currently 4342 for 500th place), 65% Lucio/60% Zen win rates this season.

M0zlnlg.png

Nimby

Banned
DM finally nerfed. Can't blame them.

I'm clamouring over tthem nerfs too

How do you mean? I meant they're being hypocrites, saying it's "removing her identity"

r/cow has complained about DM for months, and then it's finally changed and people don't because she loses peeling potential, which is one of the strongest things about dive. She peels for supports but she peels for her Winston/Tracer/Genji too.

Well there goes the rest of the league

Depends on how much other teams upgrade. I think there is a lot of potential for some crazy super teams to be made. Besides, it's not like Lunatic Hai is unbeatable, they just lost to MVP Space.

r/cow and battle.net clamoring over the D.Va changes they haven't even tested yet smh

With changes as drastic as these it's hard not to have some crazy takes and wild theory crafting.

JayCB

That's a good point. A lot of DMs strength comes from how long it lasts. If it only lasts 2 seconds, it should have a shorter cooldown to compensate

For sure, it takes 10 seconds as it stands, which is a real long time for a measly 2 seconds of use.

Schlep

0 for my last 9. I fell back into plat and I think they've either given up, or there are new placements that are just awful. People instalock DPS and suck with them. Few tanks, and fewer if any wanting to heal. Leavers, throwers, etc.

The best part of competitive now is the notification of there being only 7 days left in this idiotic season.

R0ckman

0 for my last 9. I fell back into plat and I think they've either given up, or there are new placements that are just awful. People instalock DPS and suck with them. Few tanks, and fewer if any wanting to heal. Leavers, throwers, etc.

The best part of competitive now is the notification of there being only 7 days left in this idiotic season.

I basically can't play the mode anymore because I started when it was bugged out for healers and keep getting placements too low so its incredibly frustrating trying to get where its not a coin toss whether your team is even trying or not.

How do you mean? I meant they're being hypocrites, saying it's "removing her identity"

r/cow has complained about DM for months, and then it's finally changed and people don't because she loses peeling potential, which is one of the strongest things about dive. She peels for supports but she peels for her Winston/Tracer/Genji too.

I think the concern of a worse defense matrix equaling less peal for supports from dive is a very legitimate one, even if it doesn't even end up coming true.

As someone who frequents that sub-reddit often I can assure you all they want is for there to be less dive and a more diverse meta-game.

Schlep

I basically can't play the mode anymore because I started when it was bugged out for healers and keep getting placements too low so its incredibly frustrating trying to get where its not a coin toss whether your team is even trying or not.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I should make another account for season 6. It's not that people in plat and low diamond are bad so much as it seems like they're playing Call of Duty and not Overwatch. Honestly, that's probably where my mind was at when I did my first placements too.

Dartastic

Yeah, I'm wondering if I should make another account for season 6. It's not that people in plat and low diamond are bad so much as it seems like they're playing Call of Duty and not Overwatch. Honestly, that's probably where my mind was at when I did my first placements too.
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with 2022 BP like *shrug*

Seriously though, I'd love to play with better people to learn what I'm doing wrong and get better. :/

HMD

Is this what I think it is? Is the Winston/D.va meta finally dead? Supports can finally breath again... oh wait D.va is just a fat Tracer with helix rockets now.

Azoor

I don't like the D.va changes, it was pointless. D.va is a tank, a tank's job is not to get kills and pick off people, a tank's job is to push through enemy lines and protect their teammates. DM was not an overpowered ability, it can be easily countered with the right tactics. I hope D.va is not a worse tank because of it.

I-hate-u

DM was bullshit in the sense that it's hit box is ridiculous on a very short CD. It's a very good change imo and makes the character even more viable in taking out flankers and pharah.

Now, about Roadhog...

Schlep

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with 2022 BP like *shrug*

Seriously though, I'd love to play with better people to learn what I'm doing wrong and get better. :/

For most people it's just not playing the character as a part of a team. Instead of using Winston to pounce flankers and protect supports, they'll attempt to kill enemy tanks. Instead of using DVa's DM (RIP) to protect DPS while they get picks and chasing down low health, they're holding the trigger down from a million miles away or attempting to flank.

Stuff like that. I'm not the best player ever, but it's very easy to recognize when you're on a team more concerned with getting gold elims than playing their role.

JayCB

I don't like the D.va changes, it was pointless. D.va is a tank, a tank's job is not to get kills and pick off people, a tank's job is to push through enemy lines and protect their teammates. DM was not an overpowered ability, it can be easily countered with the right tactics. I hope D.va is not a worse tank because of it.

I'd agree with this honestly, they rolled back her armour/damage because they wanted her to be a protector rather than a bully/brawler, but this just seems like they've flip flopped back because people are too daft to de-mech her before ulting. On top of all of that, she's still got that enormous, broken, centrally placed crit box, so suddenly she's not so much a tank as she is a glass cannon.

Jellie

Oh I thought you meant they wanted the nerfs to go live ASAP when you said clamouring.

I'd agree with this honestly, they rolled back her armour/damage because they wanted her to be a protector rather than a bully/brawler, but this just seems like they've flip flopped back because people are too daft to de-mech her before ulting. On top of all of that, she's still got that enormous, broken, centrally placed crit box, so suddenly she's not so much a tank as she is a glass cannon.

AKA the team has no idea what it's doing. Completely incompetent when it comes to game balance.

Veelk

Banned
Oh neat. Now I don't have to feel as guilty when I decide to get trigger happy with D.Va. Can't wait to try that in action.

Yeah. Assuming that the missile ability isn't complete dicks (and it very well might be. You never know with Blizzard's balancing), I want the update to come with a new spray that looks vaguely like this:

qa8oxAP.png

Why do I never win in MH? Who are these teams who always beat my team that I'm never on? It's not even random it genuinely feels like I'm automatically assigned to which ever team is likely to lose. I've played 7 games today and on defence and attack we've been crushed. I win more consistently in comp then I do in MH.

It's turned into the mode that I goto lose.

Edit: won first two rounds of koth and got disconnected. I'm done for tonight.

Prelude.

Why do I never win in MH? Who are these teams who always beat my team that I'm never on? It's not even random it genuinely feels like I'm automatically assigned to which ever team is likely to lose. I've played 7 games today and on defence and attack we've been crushed. I win more consistently in comp then I do in MH.

It's turned into the mode that I goto lose.

Edit: won first two rounds of koth and got disconnected. I'm done for tonight.
Generally MH is always a streak for me, I either win or lose every game, so if I lose 2-3 in a row I just stop trying for that day.

Blues1990

Hmm. Didn't we have an offensive tank in this game before?

I'll take it you're still upset with how they neutered Roadhog in all the wrong ways, no?

I'm not saying Roadhog should be able to two-shot D.Va like he used to, or just delete Reaper from existence. But he should be able to reliably kill 200 HP (and below) heroes, since those are the bigger threats he was designed to take down.

Shredderi

I'll take it you're still upset with how they neutered Roadhog in all the wrong ways, no?

I'm not saying Roadhog should be able to two-shot D.Va like he used to, or just delete Reaper from existence. But he should be able to reliably kill 200 HP (and below) heroes, since those are the bigger threats he was designed to take down.

Played some mystery heroes and got the Hog a few times. Used to be my third most played character. Fucking useless now. 96% of the time I hook a 200hp here they don't die. I hook, shoot at the first available frame and insta melee and they don't die and then I'm trying to finish them off quickly with another shot and nothing connects to their thin ass hitboxes and then their cavalry arrives and I'm bacon.

R0ckman

Played some mystery heroes and got the Hog a few times. Used to be my third most played character. Fucking useless now. 96% of the time I hook a 200hp here they don't die. I hook, shoot at the first available frame and insta melee and they don't die and then I'm trying to finish them off quickly with another shot and nothing connects to their thin ass hitboxes and then their cavalry arrives and I'm bacon.

Why was he nerfed again? Did tons of people complain about his OHK combo? Its a little lame as what happens is that people complain about a character they probably never use and they get touched and go into blizzards hell cycle of nerf and buff. Then people move to the next victim.

finalflame

Gold Member
Why was he nerfed again? Did tons of people complain about his OHK combo? Its a little lame as what happens is that people complain about a character they probably never use and they get touched and go into blizzards hell cycle of nerf and buff. Then people move to the next victim.

The OHKO combo had a stupid low skill ceiling and made the hero simply unfun to play against for a vast majority of the playerbase. Balance is not just about making sure the game works well around the top 1% of players (although that's a factor), it's also also about the general playerbase and the perception of fairness for all heroes.

With that said, Blizzard isn't going to just nerf something because people complain the way you'd think based on how people here talk about it. They have tons of internal game telemetry, designers, and playtesters amongst others who help inform the decision on whether to change a hero.

Veelk

Banned
Junktown's aesthetic is beautiful.

I really wish Blizzard would let us select character skins at the start of the game. I don't usually like D.Va's Junkertown skins (long hair for life), but I would want to use it in every Junkertown game I'd play.

Shredderi

The OHKO combo had a stupid low skill ceiling and made the hero simply unfun to play against for a vast majority of the playerbase. Balance is not just about making sure the game works well around the top 1% of players (although that's a factor), it's also also about the general playerbase and the perception of fairness for all heroes.

With that said, Blizzard isn't going to just nerf something because people complain the way you'd think based on how people here talk about it. They have tons of internal game telemetry, designers, and playtesters amongst others who help inform the decision on whether to change a hero.

It's puzzling how they made this initial version of DF in light of the Hog nerf. I also don't like new Reaper as a Winston main. Winston was already the only character with theoretical impossible matchup 1v1 in full health (roadhog). I used to be able to outsmart and outplay full hp reapers but it's impossible when they're sponging hp from me, just keeping themselves alive until my bitter end. I want a news ability for Winston. Something to burst with.

LiK

Stack didn't do well. Lost all my progress with Elza, lmao. Not sure what happened. People tilting when there's no need to.

Edit: went solo q and won. I need to be Dva main again lol

R0ckman

Considering they usually don't do anything to compensate for nerfs its hard to argue that its a really solid thought out system.

Hmmm, I don't know how to feel.

As a (pretty bad) D.Va main I play aggressive if we have the advantage, so the rockets are welcome. However, this will suck when using her for protecting the team. I guess the meta will go back to Rein, or perhaps Orisa will be the one to shine now.

Veelk

Banned
As someone who plays a lot of D.Va I'm not sure how I feel about this. DM is so useful its going to suck having the time cut in half.

This is all dependent on how the missile barrage works, what the range is, how much damage it does, what it's CD is, etc.

This can either shuffle D.Va along into uselessness or make her an utter monster.

I tend to use DM in small bursts anyway unless I'm just in the middle of a big team fight, so that itself isn't bad for me, except for the fact that I will no longer be able to shut down any long lasting ults, like Soldier's Tactical Visor. That part makes me a sad bunny.

This is the update I'm most excited to see. I really wish I had PC overwatch so I could try it out on PTR when it comes out. But as of now, there's nothing to feel because we don't know anything about this new ability.

LiK

Everything rests on what the missiles can do. I'm a fairly aggressive DVa so it'll fit my playstyle more. I only use DM to save teammates or help them chase down people. Don't really need it up for a super long time usually. The burst damage will be pretty great in finishing off guys.

xCobalt

Finally got the doomfist achievement for killing someone with max damage seismic slam. Took awhile but I got a kill from the spaceship on Gibraltar.

I stopped playing this game as a result. Yeah, it's fair to say I'm not happy that one of my favorite games is now unenjoyable for me.

I agree with you re: what he should be able to kill. Though it would be nice to be able to barely kill Mei with proper positioning.

Top Bottom