• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

Oh shit D.Va is getting changed in the PTR

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758746118?page=2#post-30

They are nerfing Defense Matrix, allowing you to shoot while boosting, and giving her a completely new Rocket ability.

Great that the Defense Matrix is getting neutered, but. I still wanted her to have the 300 HP/300 Armour.

So no tease in that video about a skin like the balderich.

Also junkrat is dumb af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0QGtk_AM0

I'm happy with this video being short & sweet. So funny to see Roadhog suffering silently from Junkrat's shenanigans.

I think Junkrat isn't stupid, so much that he has a common sense handicap. It's very much the Jay & Silent Bob dynamic at work here.

Veelk

Banned
It's really Soldier 76 I'm most paranoid about. D.Va's DM is one of the best deterrents against his obnoxious aimbot bullshit. Other ults too, obviously, but Soldier's especially annoying because there's basically no way to stop it if he's doing it from high ground.

I really wish Soldier was kicked in the balls atleast half has hard as they kicked Roadhog.

Kakaroach

It's really Soldier 76 I'm most paranoid about. D.Va's DM is one of the best deterrents against his obnoxious aimbot bullshit. Other ults too, obviously, but Soldier's especially annoying because there's basically no way to stop it if he's doing it from high ground.

I really wish Soldier was kicked in the balls atleast half has hard as they kicked Roadhog.
That is a really good point. I hate DM as much as the next guy but the last thing I want is Soldier to domiante every single game more than he already does.

LiK

Now now, accept the Soldier that is inside all of us.

is pharah useful without mercy tho

Def not. If a Pharah didn't have a damn Mercy then I would be picking them off in every game with ease. Screw Pharmercy.

D.Va might do better against Pharah though lol

I wonder if you can just fly to her and use your new rocket ability, if the spread isn't too large with some good damage values it might be a great way to take care of her, even with a pocket mercy if the hitscan focus on her at the same time.

Anne

is pharah useful without mercy tho

Sort of. Zen orb is a bootleg enough pocket in some situations.

I wonder if you can just fly to her and use your new rocket ability, if the spread isn't too large with some good damage values it might be a great way to take care of her, even with a pocket mercy if the hitscan focus on her at the same time.

Just fly at her and hold M1 lmao

That is a really good point. I hate DM as much as the next guy but the last thing I want is Soldier to domiante every single game more than he already does.

Soldier hasn't been a problem since that 1 damage nerf tbh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd be so happy if DVa became a hero that could counter Pharah with the same amount of effort Pharah has to put in to 'counter' heroes

LiK

Those rockets better be good enough for the DM nerf or else it'll just be a lot of useless DVas losing their Meka every two seconds.

All I'm worried about is that a reduced defense matrix will make DPS too strong.

It's also what protects the backline from dive so I'm praying this doesn't make dive stronger, even if I think that defense matrix is the ability that holds the current iteration of dive together.

pizzacat

Banned
All I'm worried about is that a reduced defense matrix will make DPS too strong.

It's also what protects the backline from dive so I'm praying this doesn't make dive stronger, even if I think that defense matrix is the ability that holds the current iteration of dive together.
Who cares nerd hahaha it's all about punishing position amirite

Kakaroach

Sort of. Zen orb is a bootleg enough pocket in some situations.

Just fly at her and hold M1 lmao

I haven't been playing long enough to know what you're talking about. On console Soldier tends to pop off because of the aimbot. Of course Tracer is a bigger problem still.

Veelk

Banned

Spoken like a PC master race elitist.

Soldier's been less of a problem on consoles, but there's still basically no reason to not pick him over McCree. Still no reason his sprint should be infinite (it allows him to re-engage faster than any other character in the game with no cost), and his healing station is too powerful.

And one of the reasons that he hasn't been a problem is because we had D.Va to sit on his face whenever he decided to pop his head out and pew-pew the team from the high round. With DM nerfed, that's going to be much harder.

Personally, if nothing else, I wouldn't mind them shaving off another point from his rifle.

LiK

Soldier's been less of a problem on consoles, but there's still basically no reason to not pick him over McCree. Still no reason his sprint should be infinite (it allows him to re-engage faster than any other character in the game with no cost), and his healing station is too powerful.

Personally, if nothing else, I wouldn't mind them shaving off another point from his rifle.

Whoa there. I have to defend Anne here. Soldier really isn't that much of an issue in my games either. I find McCree much more of an issue in my Comp games.

Anne

I've had plenty enough GM/T500 console players tell me Soldier isn't even a big deal like that on there either tbh. Like you can pull that card on me, but from the little I know about it things don't seem like the end of the world.

Soldier's biggest problem is that he is optimal in nearly every single team comp in the game.

True, but not really. There are lots of situations where there are better options than him for DPS, just there's generally not many he's outright bad in.

Blues1990

Those rockets better be good enough for the DM nerf or else it'll just be a lot of useless DVas losing their Meka every two seconds.

Unless if those missiles provide burst damage, DM being up for 2 seconds is far too short to counter even a single ultimate properly (not unless if they change the recharge rate).

Reaper and Pharah's respective ult's last up to 3 seconds, while most last up to 8, and you won't be able to properly protect your team from flankers.

Veelk

Banned
Whoa there. I have to defend Anne here. Soldier really isn't that much of an issue in my games either. I find McCree much more of an issue in my Comp games.

This might be my slight soldier bias coming through...I wouldn't say he's an issue, exactly. I don't think he's massively overpowered. He's certainly not as annoying as he was with 20 dmg per bullet.

I just think, in combination with his abilities, he's still better than he ought to be. McCree's definitely the lesser problem in my games.

I've had plenty enough GM/T500 console players tell me Soldier isn't even a big deal like that on there either tbh. Like you can pull that card on me, but from the little I know about it things don't seem like the end of the world.

In case it wasn't clear, the master race thing was more of a joke. I wasn't trying to attack you. I don't disagree that Soldiers are much more managable now, I just still think they're too much.

But one big reason they're so managable is because D.Va's sit on their faces whenever they go "Taktikal vizor activaaating!" Without that in play, they're gonna be much stronger.

caesar

Banned
Maybe when someone 1500 sr above you drops a lil knowledge, you should just take it instead of trying to argue the toss? :thinking:

And one of the reasons that he hasn't been a problem is because we had D.Va to sit on his face whenever he decided to pop his head out and pew-pew the team from the high round. With DM nerfed, that's going to be much harder.

Yep. The aim assist and healing station are stupid. He is the only thing that can stop the OP Pharah on PS4.

And yeah I had multiple PC elitists tell me the same thing about Soldier when they don't play on PS4. They think pro play applies to them at GM level LMAO.

Anne

In an ideal world Soldier is always a viable option but never really the best one.

That's kind of how it is right now actually, or at least the direction things are going in. The literal only reason he gets picked over McCree is survivability vs dive, and that's becoming less of an issue atm. McCree is slowly creeping up in popularity recently, partially due to Doomfist.

LiK

That's kind of how it is right now actually, or at least the direction things are going in. The literal only reason he gets picked over McCree is survivability vs dive, and that's becoming less of an issue atm. McCree is slowly creeping up in popularity recently, partially due to Doomfist.

His Ult and stun buffs combined def brought back a lot of McCree mains from the games I played in. I actually hate good McCrees way more than any other DPS right now.

caesar

Banned
In my ideal world, Soldier is removed from the game. I don't mean figuratively, like other characters are so strong they make him irrelevant, I mean actually deleted.

Well its a good job you dont have your way then, because without soldier a whole ton of cheesy shit will happen.

Jellie

In my ideal world, Soldier is removed from the game. I don't mean figuratively, like other characters are so strong they make him irrelevant, I mean actually deleted.

Even without dva DM a high ground soldier still gets shat on by a Winston.

Anne

His Ult and stun buffs combined def brought back a lot of McCree mains from the games I played in. I actually hate good McCrees way more than any other DPS right now.

The stun buff is next to nothing honestly. The ult buff is p nice though. The fact Doomfist is checking the enemy D.Va is absolutely massive for him. D.Va is the main thing keeping him shut down right now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

in an ideal world, we'd all be playing junkrat.

My team mate was whining last night "waahhhhh stop feeding the zarya" at hanamura point 1 choke. So I pop an ult around the corner for a solid triple (including the zarya lel) which helped initiate the push.

Top Bottom