• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S8 · S8+ |OT| - Available April 21, 2017

Jeffrey

Is there any reason why it wouldn't be?

I've never pre-ordered a phone from Best Buy before, but the original e-mail said 4/21 for the date. The website does still say "We will let you know"...

No clue! First time I've preordered a phone from them lol. Never had issues pre-ordering games at the very least.

Ibuki

Banned
No clue! First time I've preordered a phone from them lol. Never had issues pre-ordering games at the very least.

I haven't had a problem with this either, and I've ordered tons of games, blu-rays, consoles, etc from BB.

I'm wondering if the date will update in the next couple of days, or if the status will just switch over to preparing right before Friday.

Ultryx

Just got off the phone with a nice Samsung representative. Called about my shipping information. My account says 2-day air shipping and it was due to arrive 4/20. On their website it claimed if you ordered it by 4/17 and a certain time you would get it on 4/20. He said he's not sure what's going on and that if it came a day late, Samsung would likely compensate for the delay. He said one guy he spoke with got a free bluetooth speaker.

Hopefully it just comes tomorrow, even though I don't have any shipping information.

Pepiope

Just got off the phone with a nice Samsung representative. Called about my shipping information. My account says 2-day air shipping and it was due to arrive 4/20. On their website it claimed if you ordered it by 4/17 and a certain time you would get it on 4/20. He said he's not sure what's going on and that if it came a day late, Samsung would likely compensate for the delay. He said one guy he spoke with got a free bluetooth speaker.

Hopefully it just comes tomorrow, even though I don't have any shipping information.
I'd be hoping it's late. Maybe you can snag a free fast charger

Ibuki

Banned
I actually wouldn't mind if mine arrived on Monday from best buy because the case from amazon doesn't get there till then.

I ordered a case from Amazon that was supposed to come back in stock on Friday, but now it's arriving by Friday instead.

Assuming my phone is actually available in store on Friday, everything will work out nicely.

Ibuki

Banned
Has anyone received best buys email confirming their phone will be there in stores?

I only received the $100 off promotion email

The only thing I got was the order confirmation right after I placed it, which has a pickup date of 4/21.

No idea if you are referring to something else.

The only thing I got was the order confirmation right after I placed it, which has a pickup date of 4/21.

No idea if you are referring to something else.
Did you actually do the process in the store? Because doing the whole process in the store at the end they told me that I shouldn't come until I receive an email from best buy saying my phone is ready for pick up

Ibuki

Banned
Did you actually do the process in the store? Because doing the whole process in the store at the end they told me that I shouldn't come until I receive an email from best buy saying my phone is ready for pick up

Oh, no I did not. I ordered through the website, but for in-store pickup.

I got a tracking number for DHL from Samsung. The only update on it though is that "Shipment information received" in Eindhoven, however that was down on the 13th of April.

My worst fear (if it comes tomorrow). I have an appointment from 11am-12pm and then I'll be gone 5:30pm-6:30pm likely. UGH.

leave a note. if you're lucky they'll leave the phone.

FedEx did that for me with the S7, but I know I put the tracking number on it, and I'm not sure you've got one yet. Fingers crossed for you all the same.

Got mine delivered and setup. The only issue is texting .coming from an iPhone imessage is still receiving texts from my iphone friends. Trying to figure out how to disconnect it.

Pepiope

Got mine delivered and setup. The only issue is texting .coming from an iPhone imessage is still receiving texts from my iphone friends. Trying to figure out how to disconnect it.
Should have turned off Imessage a few days ago. It can take some time for that to correct itself. Apple doesn't want to let you go.

cilonen

Anyone waiting on Samsung UK? My order tracking page switched late afternoon to 'being processed' From 'processing soon'. But no shipping info or emails yet so not sure if I can expect this to turn up tomorrow or not!

Anyone know which carrier Samsung use in the U.K.? If it's DHL or UPS and I miss it, it's going to be a pain.

BraXzy

The order I'm returning is definitely delivering tomorrow.. I hope my actual order I'm keeping does too or it's going to sit there mocking me :(

Scratch that... my actual order shipped an hour ago

Did anyone who got theirs today pre-order from Verizon? According to my FedEx tracking, they gave FedEx explicit instructions not to deliver before tomorrow. Bastards.

Aesthet1c

S8 or S8+?

I went back to the S6 for a couple of weeks so the new phone will feel more 'new' than the S7 edge I was using.

Just the S8. I'm glad I didn't go with the S8+. I'm coming from an S6 and even though it's not much bigger, the screen size just feels huge.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Confused. So do I use the new sim card that came with the phone or do I use my old sim from current phone?

Did anyone who got theirs today pre-order from Verizon? According to my FedEx tracking, they gave FedEx explicit instructions not to deliver before tomorrow. Bastards.
Thats the same situation with me. To be honest im glad im getting it before the end of the week. I pre-ordered kind of late.

Same as you. Mines been sitting in a warehouse (or whatever) in Memphis since 3 a.m. My FedEx text said I'd have it by 4:30 p.m. tomorrow though. I expect I'll get it much earlier though since I had it sent to my office.

Definitely jealous of those who received theirs today.

Top Bottom