• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 |OT| Slovenia: "On My Way - to the lowest score"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
We've had 100 pages of catty remarks for humor why take Nev's comment serious. He's not wrong in his hate of the song, jazz needs to be contained quickly and safely is the only way to eradicate it.

SALT
SAAAAAALLLLLLT
SALT.JPG.GIF.MP3

Is currently one of the most annoying things on GAF.

oti

Banned
"You could not expext this to happen" says the German trash moderator, talking about the German trash entry, which was trash.

This needs a reboot. Fire everyone. Hire me.

Rynam

Mhh, half of Germanys Points came from Switzerlands televoting. :D
UX5NevO.jpg

German televoting: 12 Portugal, 10 Belgium, 8 Kroatia, 7 Moldova, 6 Romania, 5 Bulgaria, 4 Italy, 3 Hungary, 2 Poland, 1 Netherlands

Jasup

I don't like the song also, but to pretend people are not salty about it winning is silly :p read the thread man, the salt is real (and funny).

There are so many levels of irony I don't know what's real and what isn't
There are also many levels of intoxication which complicates things even further

CGwizz

Portugal won, our bros at spain had almost no points :S

And gaf tears ofcourse xD

Go Salvador !!!

A song from the soul won :D

Apzu

Has there ever been such a gap between neighbouring countries? I mean Portugal was first with 758 points and Spain almost got 0 points.

Xater

"You could not expext this to happen" says the German trash moderator, talking about the German trash entry, which was trash.

I bet you'd do a better job than any if those awful people involved.

last year i wrote an honest email to our tv station to make a case that i should be in charge of the eurovision selection and made some decent suggestions. I guaranteed a top 15 finish.

they passed.

Has there ever been such a gap between neighbouring countries? I mean Portugal was first with 500 something and Spain almost got 0 points.

well the numbers inflated but in 2010 germany won with Lena and we received 2 points in the semi final. the lowest in the competition and the lowest ever.

Kinan

Oh, fuck it, just find out that separatist shelled Avdiivka again just before the final, 4 civilians killed. :/ Ukrainian president planned to be at the final, but canceled due to the event. :(

Hopefully, you enjoyed the show, Europe.

Rynam

DGAF as a collective should choose the next song we send. ��

And the after show is the thing the people flabbergasted by the results for Germany should watch to understand.

Germany should just send Rammstein, bet that would get you some points.

Xater

DGAF as a collective should choose the next song we send. 💪

And the after show is the thing the people flabbergasted by the results for Germany should watch to understand.

Considering those people love Helene Fischer it all makes perfect sense. Shit taste from everyone involved.

Apzu

So i got 6 out of 10 countries in top10 right, but if you consider ranking only Portugal, Belgium and Romania. I said Belgium would do better than most expected.

Also this was a good year, we have 3 non-english songs in top10, Italy, Portugal and Hungary.

Germany's plan:

1. Copy popular David Guetta song
  2. ???
  3. Profit
I think it's more like send anything, everyone loves us and we will win by default.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Couple of robbed songs

Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love (Norway)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjm-kCOMaPY

Dami Im - Sound Of Silence (Australia)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ymFX91HwM0

Blanche - City Lights (Belgium)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbomdE81_mA

Jacques Houdek - My Friend (Croatia)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sya_GIxsw0

Thanks for this, Belgium is so good. I'll be happy listening to this for a while, and that's never happened before.

Eurovision is usually one and done.

Spyware

Seems like its Swedish production in Eurovision as well. That guy that handed them the trophy in the end works with the production with the swedish melodifestivalen...
Björkman was asked to help with the general stuff last year and was happy to help. He lives for that stuff. Getting to work on a Eurovision show and not having to host it yourself? Must be a dream to him, haha. He was then suddenly "promoted" to showrunner a couple of weeks ago and had a say in pretty much everything from there.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Tastes in music differ so whatever but why people are defending his speech I don't understand. It was garbage and kinda sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom