• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed, Game Informer info, Trailer released

for RPG games. i think they need a separate Inventory where all items collected will not be added to your main inventory.

That way key item can be easily found and be used.

There are other things but i can't think of it.

mr_nothin

Banned
netguy503 said:
I HIGHLY bet they will do a stage demo of LBP2 (or, as someone else said, it would be cool of MM to create a level just for the E3 presentation that showcases the new engine like they have in previous years).

And, seriously, you'd be happy if a ONCE IN A YEAR event only delivered ONE stage demo!?! For, shame, for shame man. Turn in your gamer card and get the hell off NeoGAF now.:D J/K
May is usually the month of E3 :(

MrPliskin

Banned
netguy503 said:
Who is arguing that a BETA and a game can not come out in the same year? Do you remember the year of LBP1's release? The BETA started in August (at least that's when I got in...it wasn't far before that) and the game came out the end of October (could have been middle of October without the music scandal). That's not very far apart. But far apart enough for them to test things out which I think is needed in a game like this as much as possible. Now, I would LOVE for this to come out in October/November again but I really think Christmas will be more likely. I'd love to be proven wrong.

It all boils down to what I said in my last post...I'd rather wait for a quality product then suffer through a rushed one. Don't you, as a gamer, feel the same?
You're really over-reaching your importance to the quality of the game. The HUGE majority of the Betas this generation have been nothing more than a server stress test and for data analysis.

Sure, people find some bugs here and there, but generally that's not the case. You said it yourself that you didn't think it would release since you hadn't seen beta talk.

Just forget the word "beta" and replace it with "demo". That's what most of us have tried this gen.

netguy503 said:
And, seriously, you'd be happy if a ONCE IN A YEAR event only delivered ONE stage demo!?! For, shame, for shame man. Turn in your gamer card and get the hell off NeoGAF now.:D J/K
Oh but I totally would for TLG :D. I'd do horrible things for that game. Horrible things!

netguy503

mr_nothin said:
Also, I hope they give the bubbles some much needed WEIGHT. I hope they attach them to extra lives or more health or something. In LBP there was no need for me to collect the bubbles. They need to make them more like the coins in Mario or the rings in Sonic. Make them do something more than just add to your high score. Maybe they can be for powerups or something. You collect a certain amount and it gives you invincibility for a short period of time.

I hope they allow creators to attach them to stuff like that at least.

Go back to the first page. There is talk of a HUD for fighting games. I always assumed in that scenario the bubbles could be used to bring your life back up but if that is not there intention that is a pretty damn good idea you have there.

Stampy

I have found some pictures, but I am not even sure if they are for the LBP2. I don't know, it all looks the same to me. :/

mr_nothin

Banned
jump_button said:
OH FUCK SCANS ARE OUT AND OH FUCKING GOD!
!!!
Time to go searching!
And you really need to edit your other post

EDIT:
Already found them lol
OMG you can FLY mechanical bees!!@$!$@!@$!@43

They have TV Boy from Fooly Cooly in there. This game is going to be awesome.
Sackbots, or w/e that wooden sackboy is, looks awesome. I dont mind using that as a main character if we can customize the way it jumps and everything. Im so hyped now

Stampy

Automatically edited the link. Sorry, didn't know it was prohibited. Since a pretty simple google search made the page accessible. But, the pictures looked pretty LBP1ish to me.

Zen

Banned
Looks great. It's a complete and total buy imo. Even if the creation tools aren't as friendly, allowing them to do so much more will mean the people who are skilled will be able to make some truly amazing levels games.

Stampy

I don't get it how level creator will be changed, since it looks pretty much the same thing, with couple of new features (such as grappling hook). I mean it looks as if the creator is still largely focused on creating platformer levels.

Mikey Jr.

Really surprised they didn't unveil this at e3 press conference.

Imagine them showing LPB again, a normal level. Everyone wonders whats going on. Then it goes all RTS, then shooter, etc etc. Would have caught everyone off guard and would have been badass.

netguy503

Found the scans. They really didn't impress me guys. :( Though having no context for them right now might do that. I agree with another poster on here, from those screenshots, it looks like LBP1 graphic wise. That being said, more LBP is NEVER a bad thing. DO WANT!!!:D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It sounds like the copyright infringement will be even more popular this time around, with the different game types and everything. We'll probably see some nearly 1:1 remakes of mario games and stuff, can't wait. I do hope they make the creation stuff a little more accessible, the tools were great but I spent a lot of time trying to make levels but I ended up completing them or they just didn't turn out right. Either way this is gonna be the best game ever, one day Media Molecule will be included in the pantheon of all time great studios, their creative talent is through the roof.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Did anyone really expect the game to look radically different from LBP1?
And does it really matter?

Jocchan said:

Theres not more much that can be done on the graphics front with the game, I thought? Though I thought the first game took up all the space on a dual layered blu-ray disc? How did they get more space for a sequel

Zen

Banned
netguy503 said:
Found the scans. They really didn't impress me guys. :( Though having no context for them right now might do that. I agree with another poster on here, from those screenshots, it looks like LBP1 graphic wise. That being said, more LBP is NEVER a bad thing. DO WANT!!!:D

I looks higher poly and seems to have better lighting, though.

thcsquad

Mikey Jr. said:
Really surprised they didn't unveil this at e3 press conference.

Imagine them showing LPB again, a normal level. Everyone wonders whats going on. Then it goes all RTS, then shooter, etc etc. Would have caught everyone off guard and would have been badass.

That probably would've surpassed the FFXIV reaction. I'm hoping Sony actually has cool stuff for the conference and is not just blowing their load now.

Stampy

Jocchan said:

I dind't expect it to look radically different. But I just don't see how all of those announced changes will be possible with the same style of creation as in the first game. But then again, it is really unfair to judge how a game play by a couple of pictures.

gofreak said:
Not seen the article, but if it's controllable, it sounds like a sackbot.
Well the bee has the controller seat. but then i saw other sackboys on the page that looks like "sackbots" with varying size and one that looks like a marionette

really sucks that my GI sub ended too. I guess i'll just go to gamestop and read there :lol

EDIT: nevermind. it IS made! i see some connector joints! the butt is like a vintage microphone and the antennae is flexible lights.

EDIT 2: looking at it again. there are speakers. so i assume it's a music stage! and bee uses music.

EDIT 3: the sackbots are so adorable :lol.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Stampy said:
I dind't expect it to look radically different. But I just don't see how all of those announced changes will be possible with the same style of creation as in the first game. But then again, it is really unfair to judge how a game play by a couple of pictures.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but per the GI info, the levels shown so far are in the 'traditional' LBP platform run-jump-grab mold. Sackbot/Direct-Seat/Logic changes are big-deal changes for diversifying beyond that mold though. I've no doubt other MM campaign levels will exercise those possibilities to show off what's possible with the tools, to provide exemplars for the community, as they did with the first.

Majine

Banned
They probably couldn't stray too far away from the formula and look of the first game if all the DLC will transfer over.

Stampy

Finally all those costume DLCs will make sense. Since now you will be able to create a plethora of NPC sackbots, by using all the costumes you have. :D It gives you freedom to create a truly lively cities, and so on...

Stampy said:
Finally all those costume DLCs will make sense. Since now you will be able to create a plethora of NPC sackbots, by using all the costumes you have. :D It gives you freedom to create a truly lively cities, and so on...
yeah. instead of having cutouts with stickers on them :lol.

mr_nothin

Banned
gofreak said:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but per the GI info, the levels shown so far are in the 'traditional' LBP platform run-jump-grab mold. Sackbot/Direct-Seat/Logic changes are big-deal changes for diversifying beyond that mold though. I've no doubt other MM campaign levels will exercise those possibilities to show off what's possible with the tools, to provide exemplars for the community, as they did with the first.
I'm just happy that we can now actually control vehicles AND shoot AND use boost (all mapped to seperate buttons). We're not contrained to pulling a switch and just watching the vehicle go to the right of the screen for as long as you hold down the switch. Hell we can even brake. We can give vehicles damage and weak points. There's so much possible now with JUST that aspect of LBP. I dont see how people are being so "narrow minded" about these updates. We can now have those vehicle sections from games like Contra and TMNT II. How is that not hype inducing?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stampy said:
It's not a general purpose "game maker", they only added some clever stuff to the editor to make it much more flexible and allow people to do more complex stuff with less effort, but the core substance is pretty much the same (and, considering it's supposed to be backwards compatible, it shouldn't come off as a surprise).

Stampy

gofreak said:

Basically I don't see how a Command & Conquer clone could be made, or a proper RPG. In this case, information that "There is an all-new level creator and it is not just a tool to create platform games" seems to be rather misleading.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Jocchan said:

I don't want it to love radically different from LBP1, I loved the whole eccentric yet realistic style. Maybe they can make em a little shinier and sexier but I don't want a major departure from what they did in the first.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stampy said:
Basically I don't see how a Command & Conquer clone could be made, or a proper RPG. In this case, information that "There is an all-new level creator and it is not just a tool to create platform games" seems to be rather misleading.
People made space shooters and all sorts of puzzle games with the LBP1 editor. If the microchips, controllers and sackbots are flexible enough, I have no trouble imagining how much stuff will be doable in the sequel.

netguy503

Snuggler said:
I don't want it to LOVE radically different from LBP1, I loved the whole eccentric yet realistic style. Maybe they can make em a little shinier and sexier but I don't want a major departure from what they did in the first.

LOL...my friends are funny.:D :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
Stampy said:
Basically I don't see how a Command & Conquer clone could be made, or a proper RPG. In this case statements that "There is an all-new level creator and it is not just a tool to create platform games" seem to be rather misleading.
We also didnt think Tetris could be done in the 1st LBP. We didnt think a calculator could be made or even a SCHMUP. We even have pianos and a pinball game. We've also found out how to decorate on 5+ layers and we're not constrained to just those 3 default layers.

Take all of that into account and then expand upon that. We now have SPECIFIC tools just for this type of stuff. Now it doesn't eat up nearly as much thermo space. That alone allows stages to be bigger and have more "stuff" in them. I cant wait to see how people exploit the tools this time. Hell we now have the ability to use actual sackboys as NPC's and dress them how we want them and then put them into cutscenes and add our own voices to them (at least I think we can put in actual sackboys as NPCs lol but you get the idea).

Now take all of this and multiply it by 100 because I haven't even covered half of what was posted in that Features list. This isn't even everything that can be affected by these tools. We have more advanced AI now. Not to mention a specific tool for logic.

I really have to stop now because I can go on and on with the things that can be created.

i kinda want a teleport device tool/Object as well! So i can make a "proper" Portal clone :lol.
and allow us to Climb. Sure there's grappling but climbing would be nice. with a rope Ladder object!

HankToms

Stampy said:

23sxfer.jpg

Open your miiiiiiind

DMPrince said:
i kinda want a teleport device tool/Object as well! So i can make a "proper" Portal clone :lol.
and allow us to Climb. Sure there's grappling but climbing would be nice. with a rope Ladder object!
that teleport is so easy to make... with respawning

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
netguy503 said:
LOL...my friends are funny.:D :lol

Damn my typos. I need to hire a man servant to proof read my posts to prevent them.
Maybe it's just because I'm talking about LBP, it gives me butterflies in the stomach <3 <3 <3

Johnanderson said:
How can you make an RPG with those giant bees?

A racer is possible though lol
If I can make mecha that chase you throughout the sky and do different actions based on its own health and other variables that are in its vicinity in LBP1, surely we can make an RPG with those giant bees.
:lol

Jocchan, looks like we might have to wait for LBP2 to bust out Dudebro LBP proper. :lol We can make one of the Sackbots into Chicken and have him cover your back. :D

mr_nothin

Banned
Now that we can change the size of Sackboy/girl, then maybe we can have a powerup for it. Hopefully something can trigger sackboy's size and we can make him bigger or smaller for a certain amount of time.

Top Bottom