• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed, Game Informer info, Trailer released

Suzzopher

OMG!! This sounds amazing:D I wasn't convinced a sequel would excite me. After reading the EDGE feature I am fully pumped for this.

netguy503

Suzzopher said:
OMG!! This sounds amazing:D I wasn't convinced a sequel would excite me. After reading the EDGE feature I am fully pumped for this.

LOL...is it even out on Newsstands yet? And it's Game Informer d00d.

mr_nothin

Banned
Hopefully they're able to do split-screen for local play. I'm tired of this co-opetition crap. I'd rather see the screen split when you ran off the main screen. At least have it for Online since you have 2 separate ps3s and they can render their own separate screen.

Suzzopher said:
My sub copy of EDGE arrived this morning. LittleBigPlanet 2 is the cover game.

Let the floodgates runneth over! Please let there be details on the Move interactions. I doubt it though, does it say anything about how Move is implemented?

netguy503

Suzzopher said:
My sub copy of EDGE arrived this morning. LittleBigPlanet 2 is the cover game.

Cover game means there's pictures (at least a cover image?). Who wants to wait until Monday anyway!?:D

Suzzopher

As well as in game community support there will be a website lbp.me. It will run on the same servers as the game and each player will have a dedicated page to themselves with which to share their creations.

They have shared tech with Santa Monica for better depth of field effects.

They saw levels created in the presentation were Snake, Micro Machines, Asteroids, Bionic Commando(Grappling Hook), Plok, Gradius, Choplifter, Puzzle Bubble, Shadow of the Colossus, Space Invaders and A Boy and his Blob.

Alex Evans went on to say they have streamlined creation as well as expanding it. Using the Gradius game that was created as an example of levels that he hopes more people will be able to make with ease.

Suzzopher

Cover shot guys:
08052010061.jpg

Am I allowed to post it?

so they can focus more on MOVE i bet.

It's good to not really have to wait until E3 to get any sorts of details about LBP2.

awesome Cover. i like the cardboard arcade cabinet :D
OH.

Question. is the camera system being reworked for 2+ players?

Suzzopher

DMPrince said:
so they can focus more on MOVE i bet.

It's good to not really have to wait until E3 to get any sorts of details about LBP2.

awesome Cover. i like the cardboard arcade cabinet :D

I don't think Move will be the be all and end all. PSP2? Killzone 3? Resistance 3? They'll likely have Agent at their presentation as well as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood(they always have the franchise at their show).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Thanks Suzzopher :) What's Edge's sentiment on the game?

Any elaboration on the sackbot or microchip stuff over and above GI?

jiggle

netguy503 said:
This begs the question though- why are they doing all this media coverage for this game before E3? Something's up.

It's not that odd really. What's weird is it's taken them this long. In the previous years, Sony unveiled U2 and R2 by January.

Suzzopher

gofreak said:
Thanks Suzzopher :) What's Edge's sentiment on the game?

Any elaboration on the sackbot or microchip stuff over and above GI?

No pretty much the same as reported before.

They have screens and they look so much better and more detailed than the last game. The new engine looks fantastic:D

mr_nothin said:
Hopefully they're able to do split-screen for local play. I'm tired of this co-opetition crap. I'd rather see the screen split when you ran off the main screen. At least have it for Online since you have 2 separate ps3s and they can render their own separate screen.
Fuck that! Don't listen to this man MM.

Crisis

Banned
netguy503 said:
This begs the question though- why are they doing all this media coverage for this game before E3? Something's up.

Perhaps they're going to announce a bunch of games before E3 and then focus on Move at the actual event and how those games can interact with Move. I'm sure they have a bunch of games we don't know about yet though.

netguy503

Suzzopher said:
Cover shot guys:
08052010061.jpg

Am I allowed to post it?

Oh shiz...they already have new moons/curators planned out? They must be farther than I thought! Can anyone make the images of the new curators out?

I do not like the cardboard arcade there though and it worries me. I REALLY hope this is going to be more than just "LBP2: Arcade Edition". In MM I trust.

jiggles

Banned
Maybe Sony are taking the safe route and leaking all their own information, so they don't have any big surprises to be ruined like they usually are. :lol

netguy503

jiggle said:
It's not that odd really. What's weird is it's taken them this long. In the previous years, Sony unveiled U2 and R2 by January.

Yea, but did those games get the same amount and extensive (from the own developers themselves on Monday) media coverage before E3?

V_Ben

Banned
jigglywiggly said:
Maybe Sony are taking the safe route and leaking all their own information, so they don't have any big surprises to be ruined like they usually are. :lol

firstly, your avatar is amazing.

secondly, perhaps they have too many announcements for one press conference :D

Suzzopher

netguy503 said:
Yea, but did those games get the same amount and extensive (from the own developers themselves on Monday) media coverage before E3?

Nope. I fully expect we'll see three big first party exclusives and maybe a third party exclusive or two
icon_shifty.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jigglywiggly said:

It's not a leak, it's an official unveiling :p

I don't get the whole 'you have to keep everything until E3!' mentality. This is E3 season anyway, in the broad sense - notice how many games have been announced lately? It doesn't matter when a game gets announced, it'll be no more or less interesting or exciting for it. Pubs start revealing games well in advance of E3 in order to have a shot at more focussed attention from the press. Doing a reveal now for LBP2, and getting covers for it, is probably ideal for Sony and MM.

jiggle

netguy503 said:

U2 was playable by GDC or Playstation Media Event (or something like that) by Feb or March. My memory is a little fuzzy but I recall ppl were worried they were showing off TOO much of the game.

netguy503 said:
Oh shiz...they already have new moons/curators planned out? They must be farther than I thought! Can anyone make the images of the new curators out?

I do not like the cardboard arcade there though and it worries me. I REALLY hope this is going to be more than just "LBP2: Arcade Edition". In MM I trust.
They've been working on the sequel a lot longer than you think. The Designer Organic and Fluffy Space Bunny levels look fantastic.

I'm also glad they mentioned Gradius. Now mention Gundam! I left you guys the perfect idea platform for it at your studios! :p

Crisis said:
Perhaps they're going to announce a bunch of games before E3 and then focus on Move at the actual event and how those games can interact with Move. I'm sure they have a bunch of games we don't know about yet though.
I actually think they are likely to have a few surprises from some of their Euro studios and possibly Sony Bend if details on these projects aren't leaked before E3 of course. Sure we know about Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, and Motorstorm 3 but we also have yet to see anything on these titles. I know there is bound to be a gameplay demonstration of at least one of these. Let's not forget The Last Guardian is also likely to be there with a possible stage demo. I'd honestly be happy if that was the only thing Sony showed. We've seen like nothing on it since last E3, I know everyone is waiting to see more of it.

netguy503

gofreak said:
Doing a reveal now for LBP2, and getting covers for it, is probably ideal for Sony and MM.

This is exactly why I'm expecting now we are getting it this year now (that Edge cover has the moons and new curators already layed out- they look pretty far along with this then I had first thought)

mr_nothin

Banned
Also, I hope they give the bubbles some much needed WEIGHT. I hope they attach them to extra lives or more health or something. In LBP there was no need for me to collect the bubbles. They need to make them more like the coins in Mario or the rings in Sonic. Make them do something more than just add to your high score. Maybe they can be for powerups or something. You collect a certain amount and it gives you invincibility for a short period of time.

I hope they allow creators to attach them to stuff like that at least.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh man, I want this ASAP. I'd be fine with it coming out tomorrow, screw polish. Who needs it.
There's so much to be excited for but one of the things at the top of my list is the new soundtrack. LBP has one of the best videogame soundtracks ever so I can't wait to see whats next.

Suzzopher

Snuggler said:
Oh man, I want this ASAP. I'd be fine with it coming out tomorrow, screw polish. Who needs it.
There's so much to be excited for but one of the things at the top of my list is the new soundtrack. LBP has one of the best videogame soundtracks ever so I can't wait to see whats next.

I agree, even the PSP game has an amazing soundtrack.

jiggles

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Also, I hope they give the bubbles some much needed WEIGHT. I hope they attach them to extra lives or more health or something. In LBP there was no need for me to collect the bubbles. They need to make them more like the coins in Mario or the rings in Sonic. Make them do something more than just add to your high score. Maybe they can be for powerups or something. You collect a certain amount and it gives you invincibility for a short period of time.

I hope they allow creators to attach them to stuff like that at least.

Yeah, they should really have some sort of track of the amount of bubbles a player has collected and a link from that to the new microchip things. That's your RPG levelling system right there. :D

Crisis

Banned
netguy503 said:
This is exactly why I'm expecting now we are getting it this year now (that Edge cover has the moons and new curators already layed out- they look pretty far along with this then I had first thought)
The photos in GI indicate that the game is very far along as well. And if Donkey Show has actually seen two of the levels in their entirety then we can probably assume that they presume the game is coming out this year too. The graphics engine hasn't been given an overhaul or anything like that. They've clearly been working on everything else for a long-ass time.

Suzzopher

Crisis said:
The photos in GI indicate that the game is very far along as well. And if Donkey Show has actually seen two of the levels in their entirety then we can probably assume that they presume the game is coming out this year too. The graphics engine hasn't been given an overhaul or anything like that. They've clearly been working on everything else for a long-ass time.

The graphic engine has been improved. They talk about sharing tech with Santa Monica for depth of field and the new texturing looks light years ahead of the original.

netguy503

DevilWillcry said:
I actually think they are likely to have a few surprises from some of their Euro studios and possibly Sony Bend if details on these projects aren't leaked before E3 of course. Sure we know about Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, and Motorstorm 3 but we also have yet to see anything on these titles. I know there is bound to be a gameplay demonstration of at least one of these. Let's not forget The Last Guardian is also likely to be there with a possible stage demo. I'd honestly be happy if that was the only thing Sony showed. We've seen like nothing on it since last E3, I know everyone is waiting to see more of it.

I HIGHLY bet they will do a stage demo of LBP2 (or, as someone else said, it would be cool of MM to create a level just for the E3 presentation that showcases the new engine like they have in previous years).

And, seriously, you'd be happy if a ONCE IN A YEAR event only delivered ONE stage demo!?! For, shame, for shame man. Turn in your gamer card and get the hell off NeoGAF now.:D J/K

Top Bottom