• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boy Micro <3 Thread

DiGi-C

Banned
red shoe paul said:
You never need to take it out of the slot, so what difference does it make? Also $13.00 is expensive?

randomwab said:
I just ordered an EZ-Flash IV last night for $25, I wouldn't consider that expensive at all, plus Mini SD cards are very cheap now too. For the convenience of not having to carry multiple carts around with me, for which I now have a small or scratch or two on my Micro from bringing both Metroid carts with it for awhile, I'm willing to pay.

Thats a great price but ive never came across any sites that sell them that cheap :(

mehdi_san

I'd like to share some love for the GB Micro too. Here is my complete family. I found the FFIV and Famicom Anniversary ones for cheap at a used store, and the Mother 3 pack was new. The Mario bag is used to store all the cartridges, and I got the link cable for cheap on eBay :D

am9lz9.jpg

One more with the big sister joining in, a limited edition Astroboy Game Boy Light that I also found in a used games store. I always dreamed of having one of these when I was a kid, and I used to hate Nintendo for not bringing them outside Japan.

314asz4.jpg

Yes, I know that the Mario Kart Advance in multiplayer doesn't work with 3 GBmicros and 1 GBlight :p
I am still looking for a nice 4th GBmicro to complete the set and be able to play with 4 players.
By the way, what are your favorite 1 cartridge/4 players games on the GBA??

hipgnosis

I have the Famicom one, got it cheap back in the days when it was still available. I absolutely love it. The box is awesome also with the Super Mario Bros. artwork and stuff. Such a nice collectible.

mehdi_san said:
By the way, what are your favorite 1 cartridge/4 players games on the GBA??

Kuru Kuru Kururin (Import it)
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (been waiting for that since the SNES)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 (okay Sports game, a blast in Multiplayer)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (haven't played but it seems nice)

mehdi_san

:Motorbass said:
Kuru Kuru Kururin (Import it)
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (been waiting for that since the SNES)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 (okay Sports game, a blast in Multiplayer)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (haven't played but it seems nice)

Nice list, thanks ! Now, on to finding these games cheaply enough.

mehdi_san said:
Nice list, thanks ! Now, on to finding these games cheaply enough.

Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland's single cart multiplayer is for the minigames only. The main game co-op multiplayer requires multiple cartridges.

leroidys

Awesome collection Mehdi! I haven't ever tried it myself, but I heard that Four Swords is really fun. You might need 4 carts for that though...

mehdi_san

You're right, how could I forget Four Swords ! (go check on google... yeah it needs one cartridge per player... crap this is gonna cost me a lot).
And bomberman of course :D
I already found Kurukururin for real cheap in a used store, forgot how fun was this game. Where's the Wii version ? :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Playing some Golden Sun 2 on my micro right now! Represent

I better get rich soon, I want to buy a new unit, it really is the best handheld ever and I feel like a fool waiting to buy a second hand unit

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Heey, just the thread I needed! :D

Been wondering for some time what the best flash cart to pick up for my gba micro would be (so I can keep my GBM in my pocket with most of my go-to titles, you know, like a real portable system :eek:)

I hear about these R4 thingies, will it run Mother 3? I heard there were some issues with that particular title as it uses more RAM or something than a normal GBA game?

Hooray finally bought one (on eBay). Used to check everyday for a deal, and just noticed someone was selling a relativity good quality boxed silver unit for around £25... I am happy with that

I have a nice little black Micro.

Does anyone know where I may be able to find a first party red faceplate for it? I like the idea of having a red and black one :)

Thought I bump this with a photo of mine I just got a few days ago. I love the little thing (which is a bit bigger than I expected), and even better, I am getting back into playing loads of old games - including The Minish Cap and Metroid Fusion - after forgetting to finish them a few years back. Started a new save file in both a few hours ago.

2lkyx5w.jpg

Sorry about the nasty fingerprints :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I got all of those except for FE and AW :) Can't believe you thought it would be even smaller than that!

Out of those, Metroid was my favorite to play on the Micro, it just felt perfect!

Teetris said:
I got all of those except for FE and AW :) Can't believe you thought it would be even smaller than that!

Out of those, Metroid was my favorite to play on the Micro, it just felt perfect!

It was mostly just the thickness I thought would be a tad smaller, but that is just because current carts (DS) are smaller nowaday, and the iPhone / iPod touch is around which is clouding my judgement.

MYE

I'd really like to buy one of these, but i cant find one for cheap in Portugal, or the usual UK import sites :(

Apath

I loved my GB Micro, but sold it when I got a DS. I really regret that now.

Biggest problem with the micro was how you would get dust underneath the face plate. Was a pain to take off =\

Kenak said:

Biggest problem with the micro was how you would get dust underneath the face plate. Was a pain to take off =\

It is the biggest pain in the ass, but the system is completely awesome outside of that.

Finally found my AC adapter, so I can finally play some Micro goodness at work.

BooJoh

WarioWare practically lives in my micro. Either that or F-Zero. I prefer GP Legend and Climax over Maximum Velocity, but MV still holds a special place in my heart, as it was my first GBA game when I imported my original GBA.

Kenak said:

I'm totally anal about that. I never have the faceplate off for more than a few seconds when changing them, and when I do, I have the faceplate I'm putting on ready and have already wiped it down for dust.

Probably the best solution would be a can of compressed air.

Looking at prices now, I'm very glad I got my 20th Anniversary GBM for $39.99 last year. The screen is so clear if your eyes don't suck. Much better than DSL and front-lit SPs.

crispyben

I'm selling my Silver GBM, like new, from France. PM me if you're interested. I may or may not sell the original Rhythm Tengoku with it too :D

farnham

Banned
if the DS wouldnt have taken of like it did.. the GBM probably would have been a lot more popular..

it is a great machine and well designed.. its small and yet very sturdy..

MYE

Screw this thread and screw you bastards :lol

European Silver micro for 35 euros, i'm closing the deal right now.

MYE

Cant wait to see this baby's screen.
Turned on my regular SP last night and ugh, that weak light completely destroys colors.

Sanic

Brobzoid said:

Been wondering for some time what the best flash cart to pick up for my gba micro would be (so I can keep my GBM in my pocket with most of my go-to titles, you know, like a real portable system :eek:)

I hear about these R4 thingies, will it run Mother 3? I heard there were some issues with that particular title as it uses more RAM or something than a normal GBA game?

Can anybody shed more light on this? I would like to know the answer as well. It would be nice to carry around more than one game at a time.

Perfect timing for this thread to resurface.

A couple of months ago I stumbled across a silver Game Boy Micro in the window of my local Gamestation for about £12, turns out it had just been buried under a pile of other stuff for years and they unearthed it in a clearout. The faceplate was completely wrecked beyond all repair though and Nintendo Service Centre haven't done Micro parts for years, but the guy managed to find an odd Micro lying around to pull the faceplate off of.

I'm looking for a case now so I don't damage the only faceplate I have for this Micro, it doesn't have to be specifically designed for the Micro but it needs to be small enough so it can still fit in an inside coat pocket. Can anyone link me to one?

Wanace

Brobzoid said:

Thirding a request for experiences with this.

xSL4INx

This is the case I have for my micro and I love it. It protects it while it's in my pocket and it plays nice inside the case as well. Don't know why it's $43 through Amazon, but individual sellers seem to have it cheap.

Link

Mafro

Love my Game Boy Micro. Couldn't find one anywhere in the shops, so I imported a black one from Japan. brand new and only cost around £40.

DSCF0551.jpg

I was amazed how sharp and clear the screen was, and I love the glowing start/select buttons. The only negative I can think of is the mono speaker, but apart from that it's great. Definitely the best piece of gaming kit I own <3

Cryptozoologist said:
Thirding a request for experiences with this.

I use the EZ-Flash IV. Works great.

Top Bottom