• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

So, uh, i've decided I would like to attempt to continue my playthrough of Duke Nukem Forever, and I was immediately reminded of why I quit the first time around. I'm somewhere in The Hive, Part 2 and I simply can't get past a certain combat section. I run out of ammo most trys, and even with some crafty maneuvering I can't seem to finish this section.

I decided to look for saves so I could just skip that section. I found some, but none of them work. When I go to select a chapter, none are unlocked. Would anyone have any ideas as to why? Are saves encrypted for the account that

Fewr

" Hello Guys,

I may have some christmas good news for you. Maybe very good news.

I can't talk about it right now... But soon, I will be able to.

Sincerely,
The Polar Bear "

Posted on 12-14-2011, 03:25 AM by Ours Polaire (I believe he's a dev on the team).

So there is hope still!

):

:)

Sad news. I liked the concept, it was just too slow. I was looking forward to buying DLC this christmas. I hope they are all fine even if winter voices remains incomplete.

Speevy

Banned
Anyone have Bethesda or Skyrim codes you haven't used yet? I really should have jumped on this when it was a deal.

graywolf323

" Hello Guys,

I may have some christmas good news for you. Maybe very good news.

I can't talk about it right now... But soon, I will be able to.

Sincerely,
The Polar Bear "

Posted on 12-14-2011, 03:25 AM by Ours Polaire (I believe he's a dev on the team).

So there is hope still!

I would really like them to finish the DLC, I have everything that made it onto Steam

Echoplx

Even though I clicked the best value (7 day trial) it still asks me payment method.

You need to provide a payment option regardless, it just doesn't charge you.

I assume they hope some people will forget to cancel and have to pay after the week is over. Also to prevent people from just signing up with junk emails over and over again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah so paying won't be automatic then? Or do I have to cancel quickly? I only want the codes after all.

Echoplx

It's on auto renew by default but you just go to your account settings and can cancel straight from there, so it's not a problem. It won't charge you until the 10th (That's what it said for me at least)

naib

Sweet. I was even able to use my long neglected paypal account. I can't remember the last time there were funds in there.

Thanks for the tip!

gdt

Ahh fuck it, I'm just gonna hide it in this post, going to bed. Please post if you use the key, so others will stop trying.

The only worthwhile coupon I have from the Winter Sale is 50% off The Ball. Is it worth it?

Also, a while ago I bought a copy of Portal 2 for the PS3. I linked my PS3 account to my Steam account, but when I tried to use Steam to download my free Steam copy of Portal 2 it said my code had already been redeemed. Is there any way I can work around this or am I stuck playing it on PS3?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Anyone else have this issue with Steam screenshots vanishing after exiting a game? I took a few of Catwoman: Arkham City and as soon as I stopped playing they were nowhere on my account. New Vegas always gave me that problem as well.

Not the end of the world or anything, I know I can avoid that by uploading them while in-game. Just curious is all. None of my friends have ever had this happen to them.

Sweet! I was this close to buying Hamilton's Great Adventure during the sale seeing how highly GAF talks about it, but I knew that one day or another I'd be able to get it for free. Thanks a lot!
This reinforces my "not buying indie games anymore outside of bundles" position.

mrgone

Thanks so much for posting this! $25 during the sale was a little too much for me, but this is right in the comfort zone.

Nice price, but is it any good?
I've played through the demo at least 10 times since it was released in September :) There's just something really satisfying about the way the game handles absurd levels of violence. Good, dumb, mass ork-murderin' fun. Give the demo a shot if you're on the fence about it.

gdt

Bought. Not really a fan of the universe, but for $12 I'll buy a lot. Hope it's good when I play it a year from now.

gdt

Woah, for some reason my bank won't authorize the transaction. Weird. Gonna try through PayPal.

Edit: Fuck, I need to verify my paypal account. What a pain. Who the hell has checks anymore dammit.

If someone would buy it for me, I would paypal the funds. I would pay first, of course.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah. I decided to verify my Witcher 2 cache as I couldn't access any DLC that was later patched in (e.g. The Troll Contract wouldn't show up as a quest despite accepting it from the notice board and the Mysterious Merchant is nowhere to be found despite being displayed on the map), but this just prompted Steam to re-download 12GB of the game.

PaulLFC

Bah. I decided to verify my Witcher 2 cache as I couldn't access any DLC that was later patched in (e.g. The Troll Contract wouldn't show up as a quest despite accepting it from the notice board and the Mysterious Merchant is nowhere to be found despite being displayed on the map), but this just prompted Steam to re-download 12GB of the game.
I thought the content delivery update a while back was supposed to fix issues like the Witcher 2's insane update downloads? I guess it didn't make much difference.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought the content delivery update a while back was supposed to fix issues like the Witcher 2's insane update downloads? I guess it didn't make much difference.

I believe it's being rolled out on a per-game basis, though I don't know if The Witcher 2 content is (supposed to be) delivered via the new system.

Echoplx

TW2 Just hates Steam, which is funny considering it sold the most on there >.<

catabarez

-_- That thing is my nemesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom