• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT launches January 30

Ydelnae

6 DLC characters is really weak considering how many awesome characters are in the FF franchise. I can think of six characters from FF6 alone that would be amazing additions to this game. I really hope they do more than 6.

There will likely be more DLC content. The season pass doesn't even include new stages.

6 DLC characters is really weak considering how many awesome characters are in the FF franchise. I can think of six characters from FF6 alone that would be amazing additions to this game. I really hope they do more than 6.

Developing and balancing a single fighting game character is incredibly expensive. It's not just picking out whichever character you'd think is cool and just making up a move set.

I completely forgot they're putting in Jecht!

giphy.gif

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
This cover is so hideous. Uglier renditions of popular FF characters. I'm going digital for this one, don't want ugly Tidus staring at me from my game shelf.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't care for multiplayer, but hows the singleplayer in these games? I remember the PSP ones having quiet extensive and even challenging single player experiences at times.

i'll wait and see .

And probably get the game digital. ( it's going to get a shit-on of updates so getting physical won't help me in the long run )

Arkeband

Banned
They're saying it's not a proper story mode, I didn't get that.

A "proper" dissidia story, based on past entries, is basically people talking to themselves about how weird it is that they're not where they thought they'd be and then a bad guy is like "hey I'm gonna fight you" and then you fight puppets of them. Everything about it is there to waste your time, nothing important ever happens, it's the result of needing to have story scenes but having no story to tell.

It reminded me a lot of the majority of Möbius FF's story, where you just wander around and fight aimlessly and then your character is like "wut did it mean, what does this all mean???" And then a disembodied voice is like "that is YOUR truth"

#deep

Kouriozan

I'd hoped they gave it the "RPG" mode from the PSP games, but my dreams got crushed almost instantly.
And still no Golbez, I've lost all hype about it, will skip this one sadly.

SOLDIER

It would be great if Lulu was one of the DLC characters, because it would partially justify why they would go that route.

"Look guys, this design is a nightmare to render. Those millions of belts, the braids, the fur pelt, the massive jiggling cleavage...this character costs three times as much as anyone else."

Maybe get six-armed Gilgamesh and Ultros while we're at it.

Cedric

Where are Noctis and Balthier? You'd think they'd want to promote all three games right now. Surprised they dropped a release date with this roster. Also missing the homie Vivi.

Cloud7

Pre-ordered the CE but realize how upset I am over this pre-order nonsense. The UCE has its own exclusive steelbook while the limited edition has THREE different ones and I can only get one at random? What the heck.

I'm going to have to ebay these, aren't I?

Jeels

Don't like any of the collector's edition nonsense. Is there a picture of just the standard boxart? The CG characters on the steelbook looks really tacky to me.

simonshinra

Neo Member
A "proper" dissidia story, based on past entries, is basically people talking to themselves about how weird it is that they're not where they thought they'd be and then a bad guy is like "hey I'm gonna fight you" and then you fight puppets of them. Everything about it is there to waste your time, nothing important ever happens, it's the result of needing to have story scenes but having no story to tell.

It reminded me a lot of the majority of Möbius FF's story, where you just wander around and fight aimlessly and then your character is like "wut did it mean, what does this all mean???" And then a disembodied voice is like "that is YOUR truth"

#deep
I despised so much the "cutscenes" from the previous games. The characters were just standing in the middle of the arenas talking to themselves :S

Loona

#deep

At least in the original, each of the protagonist characters from I to X had a story path that reflected some story beats from their source game, which to me was a nice touch and helped get a feel for the entries I didn't play - I'd welcome more of that to help give a bit of the spotlight sto some of the games in the series that usually don't get much (anyone before VII, for the most part).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Where are Noctis and Balthier? You'd think they'd want to promote all three games right now. Surprised they dropped a release date with this roster. Also missing the homie Vivi.

If you read second page then you probably would get your answer but Noctis is more likely to be part of base roster since Amazon leaked Noctis being on the roster.

SOLDIER

I just want more fun moments where the characters have goofy and awkward moments with each other.

Also non-canon ships, just for the heck of it.

KefkaxCoD forever
or until they succeed in wiping out all existence

Includes:

- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Main Game
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Original Theme [Pre-order exclusive bonus]
- Nail Bat: Cloud will punch holes in his foes with the countless nails protruding from this wooden bat [Limited bonus only available for pre-order and until 30 days after game release]

Digital sounds pretty cool. Waiting on EB Games Aus to update preorder info before making my decision.

Edit:
In EU: Pre-order the #Dissidia FFNT Steelbook Edition & get access to the Closed Beta Test!

(please check local retailers for availability)

DHg_NsxXcAALNIp.jpg

Wonder what the mystery item will be.

Loona

I just want more fun moments where the characters have goofy and awkward moments with each other.

Also non-canon ships, just for the heck of it.

KefkaxCoD forever
or until they succeed in wiping out all existence

Squall x Lion in the unlikely case she makes it in the game (she just made it to Opera Omnia, a guy can dream).

I want XI characters to act super suspicious around Y'shtola or whomever from XIV makes it, and since it's the 1st Dissidia after XI's Rhapsodies grand finale, acting particularly antagonistic toward
Cloud of Darkness

Santar

So does this not have a long rpg mode like the psp game did?
I really enjoyed those games, so much single player content in them.
Is this a more bare bones thing? What modes does this have?

SOLDIER

Squall x Lion in the unlikely case she makes it in the game (she just made it to Opera Omnia, a guy can dream).

I want XI characters to act super suspicious around Y'shtola or whomever from XIV makes it, and since it's the 1st Dissidia after XI's Rhapsodies grand finale, acting particularly antagonistic toward
Cloud of Darkness

If I were Squall, I would pick Lion over Rinoa any day of the week.

I would also pick Selphie.

It should have been Selphie, dammit.

Cedric

If you read second page then you probably would get your answer but Noctis is more likely to be part of base roster since Amazon leaked Noctis being on the roster.

lol I did read the second page and I already know about Noctis, but the game is supposed to be out in January and they still haven't dropped a trailer with him. What I'm saying is, I would have expected them to have dropped a Noctis trailer already, considering XV came out not too long ago and they're constantly releasing DLC for the game (as for Balthier, Zodiac Age just dropped). Apart from Ramza and the other dude, no new characters have been shown recently. I guess they just haven't started promoting the game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Busts are still better than horrid play arts.

Btw the preorder is up on eu s-e store too!

Top Bottom