• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

met a lady who also likes k pop today

Well, on one level, it is just killer pop music all year round.

Fany's If You Seek Amy perf.

OsGrC.gif
pl92m.gif

Lx9AY.gif
VH81Q.gif

JKTrix

aOcJX.jpg

0Kp3e.jpg

former group that ended up never debuting.

consists of After School’s Uee, Wonder Girls’ Yubin, Secret’s Hyosung, SPICA’s Yang Ji Won, and G.NA. damn, that would of been an amazing group. they all ended up well, though.

I posted something a little while back, an English-translated kind of documentary of them all together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQldpVQpT6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJQ6Xeb5Znk

I'd have liked to see it, but I also like where they've all ended up.

Peru

Jiyeon and Hyomin posted pics of themselves with the new girl group on twitter -referring to them collectively as 'unnies'. So they're debuting an older girl group relatively speaking. Will be shocked if the debut is competent at all, though, looking back at Co-Ed's entrance.

Alta1r

Tiffany/Taeyeon/Seohyun = ballad/singing group

Sunny/Jessica/Yoona = mix of singing/rapping/whatever

Yuri/Sooyoung/Hyoyeon = hip hop/r&b/dance group

there SM, did you guys a favor

Switch Sunkyu for any of the three girls in the first group and I am down. Preferably Taengoo, but Fany or maknae would be okay as well. Sunkyu likes singing, she can chipmunk it up in the singing group. Or switch her with Yuri from the hip hop group. Or even the Hyo. Just get her out of the otherwise goddess tier group!!

jessica can be all by herself, solo like she wants, fading into obscurity like I want

tumblr_m2d8gfscx51r0k3b6o1_500.gif

Fany's If You Seek Amy perf.

OsGrC.gif
pl92m.gif

Lx9AY.gif
VH81Q.gif

Lol. I am still amazed (and amused) that this got through and went off without a hitch.

Fafnir

Switch Sunkyu for any of the three girls in the first group and I am down. Preferably Taengoo, but Fany or maknae would be okay as well. Sunkyu likes singing, she can chipmunk it up in the singing group. Or switch her with Yuri from the hip hop group. Or even the Hyo. Just get her out of the otherwise goddess tier group!!

Lol. I am still amazed (and amused) that this got through and went off without a hitch.

I saw some tumblr rumors about the Soshi subunit so take this with a grain of salt:

- mini album with music produced by Jam Factory

- Jam Factory had confirmed it was TaeNySic on their website but took it down

- MV has already been shot

idECP8.gif
7Le44.gif

Alta1r

performances from last night

4minute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cS9WQflxk4 volume up soo good

Sister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u8Y_A4EfYU (alone starts at 3:57)

I like Alone the song better than Volume Up but pominis performance is much better. Or maybe it's just that they have Hyunah. Hot damn. Volume Up performance on mute with Alone playing in the background is kind of amusing, lol.

tumblr_m2cpp3V6mr1rtd9mjo1_250.gif

I saw some tumblr rumors about the Soshi subunit so take this with a grain of salt:

- mini album with music produced by Jam Factory

- Jam Factory had confirmed it was TaeNySic on their website but took it down

- MV has already been shot

idECP8.gif
7Le44.gif

Craziness. I'm hoping it's not true. I don't mind them three doing songs, that is a sexy group, but actually going official sub-unit route would be disappointing. Like giving in to something they should be above. Kpopgods, aka SM, don't let it happen!

lunlunqq

I'd accept it if indeed TaeNySic are forming their own sub-unit; partially because they are my favorite member; also because I know it's just inevitable... They cant be "So Nyuh" (literally "Young Girls") forever, can they. Splitting into sub-groups is probably a better way to transit into the post-snsd era.

Peru

Post-SNSD era isn't for another five years. They're at peak popularity. I just see this as keeping the profile up between full campaigns while other members do other individual activities.

Big Bang are filming an MV for a brand new song, most likely for a repackage.

Haha, that's hilarious. "Krumping Ghost", "Funky Disco Bomb", and "Queen of Dirty Dance".

Miss A released a special MV of 하나부터 열까지 (From One to Ten) using clips of their fan meeting. Great song, they all look so good in this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hfFCDozR3Is#!

tumblr_m2dir5SlCQ1qa5a05o1_500.gif

luso

aOcJX.jpg

0Kp3e.jpg

former group that ended up never debuting.

consists of After School’s Uee, Wonder Girls’ Yubin, Secret’s Hyosung, SPICA’s Yang Ji Won, and G.NA. damn, that would of been an amazing group. they all ended up well, though.

Hyosung looking fine, in this pic the best of the bunch.

What do they have to be so happy about?

They can sleep during traveling.

As for a SNSD sub-unit, is possible but I only believe it after seeing it. Maybe as just a single or a couple of songs and not a truly sub-unit. I still don't believe how SM is pausing Japanese promotions where a lot of $$ was made last year (ok, Time Machine was release but was just a snack).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone going for the "actual singers" concept has to compete with Spica.

Good luck with that.

OC (or other transparent avatar bros), could you make me one from Darth Vidic ? Getting the SUB and badge in, if possible.
Fixed color and aspect ratio.

uwUd8.jpg

DXPett1

Soshi subunits would work in the same way as SuJu subunits. They are official and all but they don't take promotion away from the main group

ryan-ts

I like that mv/song, too. They're still pretty awful though.

o boy i got a kestion

I only know of Stellar because of your stream, so really it's your fault I'm defending them at all.

damn :( maybe i shouldn't play Rocket Girl then...
Too late now, I'm rocking a Stellar avatar.

Soshi subunits would work in the same way as SuJu subunits. They are official and all but they don't take promotion away from the main group
I wonder what people are expecting from this sub-unit. Part of me thinks they could be awesome like Orange Caramel, another part says they're going to suck big time. I guess I should wait for some official news and music before I jump to any sort of conclusion.

Alta1r

Untz untz, OC, when you streaming? I just finished my last project of the semester, now I got two and a half weeks before finals start, time differences ain't got sh*t on me!

tumblr_m2bhyq5rPI1r7exeso1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom