• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that sucks. Good thing I've never needed to cancel a preorder How does it screw up your account?
If you do a chargeback, your account is FUCKED.

If you attempt to talk to CS and you paid through a credit card, then some fuckery in their system can sometimes lead to their system automatedly fucking your account.

If you paid through your wallet funds then it basically depends on how nice the CS rep is and how legit your case is.

If you do a chargeback, your account is FUCKED.

If you attempt to talk to CS and you paid through a credit card, then some fuckery in their system can sometimes lead to their system automatedly fucking your account.

If you paid through your wallet funds then it basically depends on how nice the CS rep is and how legit your case is.

Baffling. I mean the policy is right there on their site.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
im not sure whts sadder, the amount of gamefaqs-level trolls in this thread, or the fact that people reply to them as if their questions were actual questions and not just the most obvious of all troll baits.

"but Rhaknar people have the right to complain, why you such a Marvel fanboy?"

Youre right people do have a right to complin. Except there are those who complain and post like normal human beings, using reason and logic, whilst bringing to light obvious flaws (your Doctarine Darks, your Zero-ELECs or Jwmunchers), and then there are those that do nothing but shit drive by troll posts now and then and contribute nothing to the discussion.

giphy.gif

Not sure if you're talking about me? Ive been a series fan for almost 20 years and am genuinely concerned about the state of this game.

Just because Im not a FGC regular here with a dozen posts per page doesnt mean Im trolling but have it your way. Ill leave you guys undisturbed in your little bubble.

Hopefully it turns out a much better game than its current reputation.

Jawmuncher

Not sure if you're talking about me? Ive been a series fan for almost 20 years and am genuinely concerned about the state of this game.

Just because Im not a FGC regular here with a dozen posts per page doesnt mean Im trolling but have it your way. Ill leave you guys undisturbed in your little bubble.

Hopefully it turns out a much better game than its current reputation.

IMO a lot of the complaints are understandable. Since as you said everyone is tracking the game differently. Those of us who sit in the thread all day and consume everything and those who just see certain things in passing are gonna see things differently. But even with that I've been one of the most critical voices on the game in this thread. I might be a sucker for still buying the game but I'll make sure capcom gets the feedback in one way or another.

Currently I think Capcom has turned things around a little bit. But I still see it missing its sales expectations. However if they weren't lying about DLC plans and release stuff on the reg and discount the overall price of things compared to SFV. I could see this being a nice looking game by the end of next year (graphics withstanding).

FSLink

Banned
I prefer the idea of a well executed 2v2 over 3v3 anyways.

Marvel 3 is insane under the surface but I could never really reconcile how picking what characters you're good at is only "partially" important in the face of their assists and synergy. While I don't believe a fighter needs to be balanced to be entertaining it also felt exhausting that things like Hidden Missiles and etc. crossups on entry made playing the game more about whoever gets the first hit of the game, and that made several characters really frustrating to enjoy. Playing the game feels like surgery a lot of the time for me. While I love how Marvel 3 feels to play, I've always felt it being pretty punishing by design which discourages me from enjoying it at any more than a casual level, unless I'm spectating which is great.

To me a 2v2 setup, at least in the vein of MvCI or Tatsunoko, puts a little more emphasis on just the individual character, and despite having less characters to incorporate in a team it ironically feels a little more freeform and liberating in what characters you choose, since you're not limited by a character's assists. I don't expect this game to be balanced at all with the Infinity Stones but at least they all add a uniform benefit to each character and doing extended tag combinations has more to do with you just being able to apply the basic tools of another character. The result feels like a wholly different game that still has depth and complexity on it's own merits, and especially Max's footage showcasing 4 characters on screen fighting separate battles, shows there's all kinds of crazy things to be done with this formula.

So despite the possibility that MvCI can potentially end up on the casual side (at least comparatively to Marvel 3), from a gameplay standpoint it speaks a little more to me - even though I can attest that there's still a whole lot of issues with the game itself that doesn't just boil down to gameplay.

IMO you're kinda playing the wrong series if you were expecting it to be balanced. The VS game always has some stupid shit, and it's fun for it.

I've said it before, I do think 2v2 + a tag button makes way more sense for newcomers. Figuring out when to utilize assists was the hardest thing to understand when I was starting to be competitive in MvC3.
But I also think the skill ceiling will be very high in this game thanks to a harder button layout than LMHS, and all the fantastic usual VS nonsense and cheap bullshit.... so I can't wait for it....just hoping the rest of the package ends up turning out okay since as much as I like shitting on MvCI's presentation, I want it to be successful.

im not sure whts sadder, the amount of gamefaqs-level trolls in this thread, or the fact that people reply to them as if their questions were actual questions and not just the most obvious of all troll baits.

You'll excuse me if I don't have you memorized and thus don't know offhand if you were trolling, or just innocently hadn't paid much attention to the goings on with the game (I was being nice and assuming the latter).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You'll excuse me if I don't have you memorized and thus don't know offhand if you were trolling, an idiot, or just innocently hadn't paid much attention to the goings on with the game (I was being nice and assuming the latter).

I'm just tired of trolls and cranky. I grow less and less patient for random shitposting in my old age, which is probably on me, as the internet isnt going to change, so I should just take a step back really.

It's insane that they have to break protocol to cancel a pre-order. Their US refund policy in general is completely unreasonable.

is it the same on Steam, or is this a Sony thing?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was hoping for new UM Tyrant videos.

guess he wasnt special enough to be invited by Capcom ;_;

Max is a shill confirmed!

vg260

is it the same on Steam, or is this a Sony thing?

Sony (US) is easily worse than both Steam and Microsoft with pretty much a no refund at all policy.

You can cancel preorders on both Steam and Microsoft (just have to contact MS). Steam has a pretty nice refund policy now, and even Microsoft is pretty accommodating with refunds, and is supposedly improving their policy too.

Elbereth

Short of anything gamebreaking, I may double dip (PS4 Collectors edition pre-ordred + PC). I'm really curious if there are going to be any significant performance differences (FPS) between the two, and hopefully there is a healthy mod scene on PC.

Rhaknar

so with Munch being a dirty console traitor apparently, I guess im the only one buying on PC?

fuck all of you then :/

Surfer dude Dante is fine, he actually looks way hotter than he ever has. Like he never had cheek bones like that or such a chiseled fucking jawline. A little generic tho.

The problem with how Dante looks is that he's based off DMC3 Dante (in terms of move list and outfit), and in that game, Dante was a teenager. Kind of baby faced.

Here, he looks more like his age in DMC4. Where Dante is like, 20+ years older than he was in DMC3.

But nonetheless, he looks healthy now. Not some meth addict.

NotLiquid

IMO you're kinda playing the wrong series if you were expecting it to be balanced. The VS game always has some stupid shit, and it's fun for it.

I've said it before, I do think 2v2 + a tag button makes way more sense for newcomers. Figuring out when to utilize assists was the hardest thing to understand when I was starting to be competitive in MvC3.
But I also think the skill ceiling will be very high in this game thanks to a harder button layout than LMHS, and all the fantastic usual VS nonsense and cheap bullshit.... so I can't wait for it....just hoping the rest of the package ends up turning out okay since as much as I like shitting on MvCI's presentation, I want it to be successful.

Like I said, I don't think a fighter needs to be balanced to be fun. Super Smash Bros. Melee isn't balanced but I still find that game tons of fun at casual-to-intermediate levels. Infinite looks like it's probably not going to be very balanced at all when accounting for the Infinity Gems, but I do think there is a much more palatable skill threshold in this game in comparison to MvC3 which was a game I enjoyed the feel of in spite higher level play being surgically overwhelming. This feels like it's going to be more grounded... but still nuts, and most of that is going to be from simply understanding the tools of your characters rather than having to account and make concessions for overall team synergy.

just watched the latest maximillian video, wow the game looks great now. was watching the 4k res and it look sharp and smooth. is that pc footage or ps4 pro footage? I hope ps4 pro footage close enough. I remember my first complaint about this game visual from the announcement is that everything looks really blurry and I'm not sure if that's because of the game or just low quality youtube video.

the stages also look great, I like that spectator is further into the background so they look smaller onscreen, I think it help hides the low poly spectator model from sticking out like SF V stages.

I'm getting more and more hyped for this. I know people are down on the roster, but diversity aside (there's no defending that one), I'm okay with the roster, even just looking from the video, there's enough character that I want to try and with 2 player team, I think there will be enough character combination for me initially. looking forward for dlc as well.

it's weird that I'm more hyped for this than Dragon Ball. the more footage I watched from Dragon Ball, it start to look the same for me after a while, while the more video I watched from MvCI, I keep finding new cool stuff like the way people are tagging into combo feels unique to that characters. I love how people use Spidey tagging in with web swinging throw.

DD-11

just watched the latest maximillian video, wow the game looks great now. was watching the 4k res and it look sharp and smooth. is that pc footage or ps4 pro footage? I hope ps4 pro footage close enough. I remember my first complaint about this game visual from the announcement is that everything looks really blurry and I'm not sure if that's because of the game or just low quality youtube video.

the stages also look great, I like that spectator is further into the background so they look smaller onscreen, I think it help hides the low poly spectator model from sticking out like SF V stages.

I'm getting more and more hyped for this. I know people are down on the roster, but diversity aside (there's no defending that one), I'm okay with the roster, even just looking from the video, there's enough character that I want to try and with 2 player team, I think there will be enough character combination for me initially. looking forward for dlc as well.

it's weird that I'm more hyped for this than Dragon Ball. the more footage I watched from Dragon Ball, it start to look the same for me after a while, while the more video I watched from MvCI, I keep finding new cool stuff like the way people are tagging into combo feels unique to that characters. I love how people use Spidey tagging in with web swinging throw.

Same. I think it looks awesome. My hype has also migrated from dbz to mvci for the reasons you mentioned.

It doesn't bother me that there are many of the same characters as were in mvc3. I loved them in there and I Love to have them back. My only complaint is that there isn't a single full match with hulk anywhere. How can that be?

Rhaknar

Did they reveal the Soul stone yet? The two new stages looked nice in motion.

Max said "the Soul stone is what everyone predicted, and much more"

HE then posted a bunch of MvC 1 (as in the first one) teases from that shit where you had every character on screen.

So consensus seems to be that maybe, you ressurect your fallen partner and then control both at the same time.

Skab

HE then posted a bunch of MvC 1 (as in the first one) teases from that shit where you had every character on screen.

So consensus seems to be that maybe, you ressurect your fallen partner and then control both at the same time.

I think it's either or.

If they are dead, you res them, if you pop while both are alive, you control both

FSLink

Banned
Like I said, I don't think a fighter needs to be balanced to be fun. Super Smash Bros. Melee isn't balanced but I still find that game tons of fun at casual-to-intermediate levels. Infinite looks like it's probably not going to be very balanced at all when accounting for the Infinity Gems, but I do think there is a much more palatable skill threshold in this game in comparison to MvC3 which was a game I enjoyed the feel of in spite higher level play being surgically overwhelming. This feels like it's going to be more grounded... but still nuts, and most of that is going to be from simply understanding the tools of your characters rather than having to account and make concessions for overall team synergy.

Should be interesting. All the impressions seem to be that its the hardest Marvel game yet. I think it'll be easier to initially understand but it's looking like it's going to be just as overwhelming when you start learning more.

I think it's either or.

If they are dead, you res them, if you pop while both are alive, you control both

I think it'll be you can use it to "temporarily" revive your party member to control both, and after it's done your party member is back to dead.

Maybe when you're both still alive it'll be less effective somehow.

Skab

A res alone is very powerful (depending on how much hp they come back with), I doubt they would then stack something else on top of that.

Makes the most sense to be an either or situation.

Dahbomb

I think the character is resurrected for the duration of the Soul stone storm and it acts like a MVC1 AI while it's active. The character will go back to being dead after the Storm ends.

That makes the most sense to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the character is resurrected for the duration of the Soul stone storm and it acts like a MVC1 AI while it's active. The character will go back to being dead after the Storm ends.

That makes the most sense to me.
That seems a bit more fair than a straight resurrection. Wonder how it works with a full team though?

Will the surge just be a life drain?

Dahbomb

That seems a bit more fair than a straight resurrection. Wonder how it works with a full team though?

Will the surge just be a life drain?
Your second character's projection is used as the AI. If you tag the characters swap projections I guess. Seems pretty complicated either way so I am not sure how it will pan out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

That was my guess few hours ago

I guess it would resurrect the partner for temporary and set up the enemy for clash of super heroes like old time?

Thanks for your hard work, 'Heath! I don't know if I ever mention it but I really like the OP.

You're welcome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom