• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
"New Metro City - Downtown" looks a bit different than the stage that was shown in screen shots.

vCA6pEb.png

Maybe there's a second version, like how Xgard has Bifrost Bridge and Throne Room.

What if it's for story mode only like underground stage story demo had.

I would love to have it to be part of our stage roster since it looks pretty good in sense of simplicity.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
stupid avatar bet, now I cant recognise intel >_>

Sorry! :(

We'll get a new gameplay trailer at the very least right?

I guess that'll be it before the launch trailer in a month. We pretty much know what we're getting at this point.

Appearantly gameplay trailer is coming out on Aug 22.

As I sit here and watch The Defenders, I really hope somebody shows up as DLC. I vote for Daredevil or Elektra.

Me too. They should bring Daredevil and Iron Fist into the roster in the future.

Armigr

Let's see, what did I miss...

30 character launch roster, Black Pather as DLC, still a super underwhelming roster.

You're making this tough, Capcom.

Lol

2017:

marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-chris-comparison.png

2009 (Resident Evil 5):

Chris-Redfield-resident-evil-5-40449948-1024-429.jpg

Chris%2BRedfield.jpg

This is just getting embarrassing Capcom.

Why did you make this exact same post in two separate threads?

Are you doing alright?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why did you make this exact same post in two separate threads?

Are you doing alright?

why is someone that never posts here doing a random drive by shitpost? hmm I wonder.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I mean...I care. But I don't think it looks bad. Not amazing, certainly.

I think the rendering and shading tech, and whatever they use to make cloth and metal, look great honestly.

It's just that everybody is horribly proportioned and modelled and the faces look like crap in most lighting conditions.

Honestly the best looking characters are X and Zero ('cause their faces and proportions are cartoons), Nemesis ('cause he's just human-like), and Nova and Strider ('cause half their faces are covered). All the women have tiny ass faces, Captain Marvel hasn't eaten in like a week, Chris, Spider-Man and Captain America's proportions look like Liefeld drawings and so on and so forth.

The stages are pretty though.

Ghazi

Game looks passable right now. It is what it is. You'll forget about within 5 minutes of playing.

I think the biggest reason I'm so disappointed with how the game looks is just because of how good MvC3 looks. That game still looks pretty good six years later.

TBH I think the game looks pretty good on a whole. In still images a bit less so but in motion it really flows together.

It may not beat Injustice 2 in visual fidelity but it sure looks better when it's actually being played.

The particle and visual elements on projectile or beam attacks generally looks great. Very colorful and it makes those attacks really clear and easily identifiable.

HardRojo

If the base roster was more diverse and had more newcomers I'd definitely be down, they've improved things here and there and the Story mode looks quite interesting. What I need to know is whether I'll be able to use my PS3 stick or not, that'll be a dealbreaker for me. Also, are DPs in or did they keep the stupid down down motions?

Jawmuncher

Let's see, what did I miss...

30 character launch roster, Black Pather as DLC, still a super underwhelming roster.

You're making this tough, Capcom.

Lol

2017:

marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-chris-comparison.png

2009 (Resident Evil 5):

Chris-Redfield-resident-evil-5-40449948-1024-429.jpg

Chris%2BRedfield.jpg

This is just getting embarrassing Capcom.

Even with the different engines and styles. It shouldn't be this odd.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shitpost comparing graphics across genres with one having double the framerate and different art style and then use pictures that look closer than they do dissimilar as evidence brehs

That's just the start of Gamescom.

That's what I previously thought when they announced the date so I checked the start date for Gamescom. Gamescom is going to start on August 23 so that's why the date stand out for me.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If the base roster was more diverse and had more newcomers I'd definitely be down, they've improved things here and there and the Story mode looks quite interesting. What I need to know is whether I'll be able to use my PS3 stick or not, that'll be a dealbreaker for me. Also, are DPs in or did they keep the stupid down down motions?

I think they went with down down motion for many characters and there are very few characters having both inputs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Max says the Soul stone is what we think it is and way more, and with the MvC 1 teases he did earlier, I assume the Soul Storm ressurects your dead partner and you control both at the same time?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Why does this game have a smaller roster than MvC3 again?

SaikyoBro

I wonder how the arcade endings will work. It better not be the BS from MVC3 where it's whoever gets the final hit.

To be completely honest I'm not expecting arcade endings. There's a good chance I'm wrong and I hope I am, but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if they just threw in an arbitrary series of single player fights ending with Ultron Sigma and then cutting to the credits. "At least we can say we have an arcade mode!".

Rhaknar

rewatching that Max "crazy bullshit" video, yo thats some crazy bullshit in that moment he analyses lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom