• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I'm guessing Toyotarou won't even include Buu... which is a shame because his fight was fun and still one of the best in this entire arc so far.

God dang it why do you guys want to see the manga do the exact same things as the anime at this point? If it's going to be so far behind, I'd rather see it have radically different beats.

I mean I can see wanting that in some cases, but I guess specifically with Buu, that fight in the anime was great and left nothing much to be desired. I dunno, I'm not bummed at all that that the manga may not do it.

fwpx

I just started Super for the first time after not watching any of the anime since DBZ back in the late 90s.

Man, I am really enjoying myself. Beerus is pretty cool,
I just saw him "fall asleep" and leave,
and I am excited to see where it goes from here. Though I will say, 3-4 episodes of him saying "IM NOT EVEN 100% YET" is pretty classic DB lol

I just started Super for the first time after not watching any of the anime since DBZ back in the late 90s.

Man, I am really enjoying myself. Beerus is pretty cool,
I just saw him "fall asleep" and leave,
and I am excited to see where it goes from here. Though I will say, 3-4 episodes of him saying "IM NOT EVEN 100% YET" is pretty classic DB lol

The next arc has a big dip in visual quality since the production basically collapses at that point, it gets better with every arc after that though.

Baleoce

My thoughts on the manga chapter;

I liked seeing some more stuff with the GoDs in their day to day

I liked the GoDs bringing up the fact that there are two Zeno now

I'm mixed on the Zen Exhibition match, on one hand the anime version was great, it gave us some cool Buu action and was a pretty big moment for Gohan's character. On the other hand it's nice to have differences between the anime and manga and seeing the GoDs in action is cool. I think it's a bit too early to yell Beerus wank, it didn't seem to portay him as massively stronger than the others, it's just that he's able to dodge really well thanks to his body being able to think for itself. He seemed like he had to put some real effort into getting out of Mosco's grip and I'm sure the next chapter will show him having a bit more of a hard time. Also the whole thing about Goku playing the role of the villain in the anime was great for that version of the story since he was actively fighting, the endgame of it was Toppo challenging him, in the manga the GoDs are still blaming him and I wouldn't be surprised if Toppo still challenges him, but in this version it doesn't really make sense for Goku to actively play the role of villain like he did in the anime, at least not yet.

Ultimately I think it was a good chapter, I don't know if I'd say it's better or worse than the anime version, just different, and honestly that's what I want from the manga.

Yeah I really don't need them to justify each other. I'm happy that I essentially get two stories to read/watch. I've been enjoying the manga so far.

CazTGG

Time travel is sure in the game, unless 18 and 17 kept their old clothes.

Speaking of, I really don't like or understand 18's clothing choice for the Tournament of Power. Everyone else is dressed in some fighting garb (or, in 17's case, him being called in on such a short notice and not likely ), yet 18 looks more like she's out for a jog than ready for a fight. Maybe she'll discard it she needs to "get serious", it's slightly jarring is all.

Also, of course it's pink. They just "happened" to choose that color for the only woman on the team.

Kyzon

7ho6aeT.jpg

One thing the manga changes a lot is... Buu.

He won't get his time to shine.

So... does Toriyama hate Buu or something? I mean, it looks like his fight wasn't on his notes, so he always intended him to get replaced by Freeza, and little else.

Slaythe

So... does Toriyama hate Buu or something? I mean, it looks like his fight wasn't on his notes, so he always intended him to get replaced by Freeza, and little else.

On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Toei's love for Goku and 10 being Bandai's consideration of 17, I'd say Toriyama's disdain for Buu is a decent 7.

Uzumaki Goku

More like Toriyama doesn't know what to do with him after his arc was finished

caliph95

Huh? That's not true at all. Before the GP even talks about deletion Zeno literally says that the Universes aren't progressing properly and that it's pointless to keep them all, that can literally only mean one thing.
I know

Just pointing out that it's not dead yet for some people

Eh... Gohan taking initiative by himself is a good thing.

It was still Gohan himself that wanted to restart his training in the anime.
I don't like Toyotaro's handling of Gohan returning to training, it feels like an after thought and I doubt his version of the arc will have any of the emotional stuff for Gohan that the anime has had.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It was still Gohan himself that wanted to restart his training in the anime.
I don't like Toyotaro's handling of Gohan returning to training, it feels like an after thought and I doubt his version of the arc will have any of the emotional stuff for Gohan that the anime has had.
True.
I'm extremely worried about this...

LotusHD

Banned

Are... Are you saying Buu needs a Toriyama handjob?

brinstar

I think Toriyama just sees Buu as a comic relief character. There's already so many protags and none of them can really get killed off to make room for anyone else so he probably just views him as an easy character to sideline.

It's a shame because as a kid when I saw Buu was good I always wanted to see him get to do more stuff. But it seems whenever DB gets a continuation Buu always gets sidelined immediately.

Speaking of, I really don't like or understand 18's clothing choice for the Tournament of Power. Everyone else is dressed in some fighting garb (or, in 17's case, him being called in on such a short notice and not likely ), yet 18 looks more like she's out for a jog than ready for a fight. Maybe she'll discard it she needs to "get serious", it's slightly jarring is all.

Also, of course it's pink. They just "happened" to choose that color for the only woman on the team.

18's not really much of a martial artist so I doubt she has any gi. The tracksuit makes sense for her, she probably just picked something she can move around comfortably in.

caliph95

Wasn't Gohan already training I thought all he did was regain his ultimate form and make it stronger

When Saiyamam fought Goku, Goku was surprised at how strong Gohan was right

Or is it my memory

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wasn't Gohan already training I thought all he did was regain his ultimate form and make it stronger

When Saiyamam fought Goku, Goku was surprised at how strong Gohan was right

Or is it my memory

He trained for a year following the Freeza situation, then was able to get his Ultimate form back with Piccolo in episode 88. Off-screen, he got even stronger than that as well by the time episode 90 rolled around.

NeonZ

New manga chapter gets 10/10 for murdering the dumb evil Grand Priest theory within the first couple of pages

Zeno just says that they're annoyed by how many there are and losing interest in observing all those universes. It's the Grand Priest that proposes outright destroying them as a solution.

caliph95

Zeno just says that they're annoyed by how many there are and losing interest in observing all those universes. It's the Grand Priest that proposes outright destroying them as a solution.
It seems like the logical suggestion

Like he said there are too many universes then the reasonable assumption would be to get rid of few

Doesn't really prove anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom