• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the point of making your bed every morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Yes, it's the people that aren't making the bed that are petulant children and obviously not the ones pitching a fit about it. Are people ever self-aware when they make these comments? Christ...
KuGsj.gif

If I acted and argued that way in the Bundeswehr you would be sure that I would get kicked to the ground. It is about discipline and also for many having already done something in the morning. It is quick, it looks good and it is proven to make you feel good to do something like this. In my experience people that dont do this also always have a mess in their house. But of course there are people that got their shit together and dont make their band, but most people dont in my opinion and my experience.

That is why I think people should still be forced into the army/Bundeswehr to get good habits and discipline in the general training. It worked for many of my lazy friends and matured them with such things.

Sorcerer

Its probably psychological. The first order of business of the day. If you skip it then you are more likely to say fuck it to other little things that need attending.

jwk94

what's the point of showering? you're just gonna get dirty again anyway.
what's the point of ironing your clothes? you're just gonna get them wrinkled again anyway.
what's the point of eating good food? it's just going to turn into shit anyway.
So you don't stink everyday.
So you look presentable.
Because good food is good.

With making the bed, who else is seeing that? Why does it need to look presentable? The only reason I could see for making the bed is so you get that fresh bed feeling every day, but then don't you also need fresh sheets for that?

Pizza

If I'm going to have people in my room I make it so I don't look like a complete animal but no I don't normally do it

Snagret

Some of the pro-bed-making weirdos in this thread are making me want to never make my bed just out of spite.

I haven't made my bed in years (aside from when I have someone over to fuck) and, surprisingly, my life hasn't fallen into shambles from it. It also literally doesn't affect a single one of my other basic hygiene routines in the morning. A made bed isn't "cleaner" and I don't live in my bedroom so I don't care if my bed looks messy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Another in our continuing series of people being jerks to each other over minor housekeeping differences. Join us next week for Shoes on in the house: Are you a fucking savage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom