• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the point of making your bed every morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
I never understood the obsession in regards to making your bed each morning. You're just gonna mess it up again at night.

Do you make your bed every morning? If so, why?

v1lla21

Same thing with showers tbh. I'm just gonna sweat tomorrow so why I gotta shower today? Conserve water people. Earf is dyin💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

notworksafe

what's the point of showering? you're just gonna get dirty again anyway.
what's the point of ironing your clothes? you're just gonna get them wrinkled again anyway.
what's the point of eating good food? it's just going to turn into shit anyway.

adamy

Banned
Same thing with showers tbh. I'm just gonna sweat tomorrow so why I gotta shower today? Conserve water people. Earf is dyin💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

You realize making your bed doesn't actually clean the bed, right?

I'd hate to smell your sheets

it sounds weird, but i don't want dust/pet hair/whatever to be collecting on the sheets/pillows all day that i will later roll around in

DrkSage

I only make the bed when I have guest over or when I clean my room every week end

what's the point of ironing your clothes? you're just gonna get them wrinkled again anyway.

Not the same thing.. but ok 👌🏻

It only takes 2 seconds to do, and by doing it immediately your bed is ready for the next use. So there is no reason to not do it.

Who taught you how to make analogies? These are awful

Budi

It blows my mind that people here are equating not making your bed with actual unsanitary things. What the hell people? How dumb can you be.

FinKL

The correct answer is the appeal.

When you are tired as fuck at night which would you rather jump into?

1)
10-steps-to-making-the-perfect-bed-beds.jpg

2)

I personally don't make my bed, but absolutely love staying at hotels knowing my bed looks so appealing to jump into at night.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Whole lotta people equating "making bed" with "basic cleanliness" for some reason. Making the bed doesn't make it any cleaner, folks, it's not the same as putting the sheets in the washing machine. And in fact a made bed is a better breeding ground for dust mites, so leaving it unmade is healthier for people with asthma or sensitivity to dust mites.

v1lla21

You realize making your bed doesn't actually clean the bed, right?

I'd hate to smell your sheets
Just give em a shake or two and they good as new. Top em off with febreeze.

I only make my bed on weekends or if there will be visit.

UberLevi

It feels nice to come back from work in the afternoon and have a nice, made bed to fall into in the afternoon. Plus, it just requires straightening a blanket and some pillows. I get stressed when my personal space is too cluttered or unkempt.

Phu

Banned
I used to make my bed all the time growing up but I haven't really done it in forever. The only time my bed is 'made' is right after I put new/clean sheets on.

Ashodin

Whole lotta people equating "making bed" with "basic cleanliness" for some reason. Making the bed doesn't make it any cleaner, folks, it's not the same as putting the sheets in the washing machine. And in fact a made bed is a better breeding ground for dust mites, so leaving it unmade is healthier for people with asthma or sensitivity to dust mites.
This. Dust mites ya'll
house-Dust-Mite_1689995i.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Interesting...don't care, like a made bed. Plus, I leave the sheets thrown off for a few hours before I make it, so I am a okay on not causing a breeding ground.

"There are generally two types of people in this world - those who can't start the day without a freshly made bed, and the rest of us, who don't really get the point of fixing all your sheets nicely just to mess everything up again in 18 hours. Those in the latter group, rejoice, because science has found that a messy bed might actually be better for your health.

That's because dust mites - the little microscopic critters that trigger asthma and allergies in some people - thrive in the humid, warm conditions of a neatly made bed, but dry out when the blankets are left thrown off.

If you just ran to your bedroom and ripped the doona off in disgust, don't panic. Dust mites are a natural part of our lives, and right now there are probably around 1.5 million of them living in your bed, feasting on your old skin cells. That's pretty gross, but for most of us it's not really an issue, as we'll never notice our tiny cohabitors."

- http://www.sciencealert.com/making-...-easier-for-dust-mites-to-breed-science-finds

You live with people and don't want to look like a mess? If you live alone, as long as you can get in at night without too much trouble who cares.

Seeing how often folks wash their sheets probably reveals more

Same thing with showers tbh. I'm just gonna sweat tomorrow so why I gotta shower today? Conserve water people. Earf is dyin��������������

Well fuck that didn't take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom