• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai staff announces The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG set in modern Japan

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/el-shaddai-director-announces-turn-based-rpg-lost-child-ps4-ps-vita

The next game from the staff behind El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, including director Takeyasu Sawaki, is The Lost Child, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals. It is a turn-based RPG with command-style battles.

The Lost Child is based on the world that is the mythical concept of El Shaddai. Lucifel (voiced by Ryota Takeuchi), who appeared in El Shaddai, will also appear in The Lost Child. The game is set amidst a conflict of demons in modern day Japan.

PS

Editor's Note: This is all the information we have right now, but check back around 5:00 a.m. ET. The game is likely also featured in Weekly Famitsu, which will post its magazine coverage previews online at that time.

Update:

It's for PS4 and Vita. Published by Kadokawa.

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcoDBxALC6U

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/23133568.html

ULKzxJl.jpg

Shifty

El Shaddai devs fuck yeah!

Wait, turn ba-
IgMyx.gif

In seriousness though, it being set in the same lore and Lucifel making a return is great. The modern japan setting sounds a little bit SMT.

Heyt

Banned
El Shaddai was a solid-ish 7/10 game with a lot of personality. Hope the RPG format suits it well... It is weird seeing it being set in modern day Japan, though. Surely ot will take us to more interesting places later on.

FelipeMGM

No mention of who is the publisher? Sawaki said it was something ''major'' and he couldnt share more before because of that

A turn-based JRPG with demons in modern Tokyo...hmmm.. Shin Megami Shaddai?

I never played El Shaddai. It looked cool, but everything I read made it sound like a beautiful trainwreck.

wrowa

Who does even own the rights to El Shaddai these days? Kinda weird that this is coming back of all things.

Tizoc

Jesus christ i swear to god theres an AI behind this.
Like clockwork

On topic.
FUCK YES son.
Combining the aesthetics from the first game with my favorite genre
Wouldnt that fall under port begging and is ban worthy?
Still i am looking forward to this game, hopefully they could rerelease el shaddai, wouldnt mind getting it again for 10-20 bucks

so1337

Wouldnt that fall under port begging and is ban worthy?
Still i am looking forward to this game, hopefully they could rerelease el shaddai, wouldnt mind getting it again for 10-20 bucks
It's not really port begging if we don't actually know the platforms yet but it is REALLY annoying.

edit: Nevermind. See previous post.

Takao

Banned
Since it's Kadokawa, NISA will probably pounce on it.

Since it's Kadokawa, it's also probably going to be a zero budget piece of trash lol.

Who does even own the rights to El Shaddai these days? Kinda weird that this is coming back of all things.

Takeyasu Sawaki managed to grab the rights from UTV Ignition just as Disney bought them out.

Ydelnae

I looks interesting, I hope it looks good in engine. I like the artwork style but the anime cutscenes look bland.

Thanks Sal. This could be the closest thing to SMT on PlayStation until SMT HD arrives.

But we already got Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth!
Which is actually closer to Persona than regular SMT, but still

Rymuth

I looks interesting, I hope it looks good in engine. I like the artwork style but the anime cutscenes look bland.

But we already got Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth!
Which is actually closer to Persona than regular SMT, but still
Game is still in my backlog, so I'll take your word for it. I know, I know, "go play it!" Stop throwing tomatoes at me!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's coming out on Vita as well? I wonder what it looks like. Hope it's better than some of the low budget things Kadokawa has made.

Top Bottom