• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN "Only on PlayStation" Sale

Pretty sure the PS3 doesn't have one of these, but I may be wrong.
My bad, it doesn't, I didn't realize we weren't talking about PS4. It does have a previously downloaded list in transaction management, as well as a transaction history, but it isn't very user friendly since you have click into each transaction to see the game title.

It pains me that I bought GoW 3 RE on black Friday 2 years ago physical and I still haven't opened it. ONLY BUY GAMES YOU'RE ACTUALLY GONNA PLAY

I was organizing my gaming stuff during the holidays and found out I've bought Far Cry 4 twice between moving places. And still haven't played it. I don't think I ever will.

Just_one

really on the fence with GOW3 Remastered+ Flower (PS4)

only got around 9 dollars to spend , any hopes for ratchet and clank / Lego Star Wars the Force Awakens / Assassins Creed Ezio Collection to drop to that price any time soon?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
God of War III Remastered - $5.99
Until Dawn - $9.99

Damn, even tho I dont have a PS4 right now this is hard to pass up.

And Beyond 2 Souls since never played it.

Time to get me another PS3 soon. Probably this week.

Ambient80

Is playing GOW3 without playing the others ok? Are they one continuous story or sort of stand alone? I don't have a PS3 any longer and never played those games :(

Skyzard

Banned
WipEout 2048 - $3.37
Hot Shots Gold: World Invitational - $2.69

Holy shit.

Sony has great sales.

And if that PS3 version of PSASBR is cross-buy with vita (which I think it is)...would be an awesome day for people who don't have those 3. I bought them all at launch but that's damn good.

Gbraga

My bad, it doesn't, I didn't realize we weren't talking about PS4. It does have a previously downloaded list in transaction management, as well as a transaction history, but it isn't very user friendly since you have click into each transaction to see the game title.

Yeah, and I don't expect them to patch the PS3 to include that feature, it's a dead platform now, but just improving the webstore would fix that for every platform. :C

It can't be too hard, there are chrome extensions that make a much better job organizing the store by gathering info the store itself provides.

Skyzard

Banned
Is playing GOW3 without playing the others ok? Are they one continuous story or sort of stand alone? I don't have a PS3 any longer and never played those games :(

I never played GoW2 and loved GoW3's gameplay and presentation.

I'm thinking about getting PSASBR. Am I missing much if I don't get the (40, now 10) DLC bundle?

Get the dlc. 4 (iirc) new characters and new stages. Some of the coolest characters and stages too.

Is single player Playstation Allstars any fun? I doubt I will be playing online.

It is! --- I mean random skirmish matches, don't get it for the campaign. One thing that bugs me is I have to choose the characters to play against each time - wish it would just auto add some randoms.

Really good fun on vita.

1upmuffin

It's pretty good but rather hard. I want to play it more because the game wrecked me. Controls aren't the easiest with the vita nubs but it's a good game from what I played.

Thanks, I'll consider it, I enjoyed the demo. It's weird that it costs more than other launch games like Hot Shots though.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks, I'll consider it, I enjoyed the demo. It's weird that it costs more than other launch games like Hot Shots though.

No worries. I think the hot shots price is just crazy though.

I remember Unit 13 being designed pretty well too, worth watching some videos as it's been a while since I played it. Think I'll fire it up today to remind myself.

Sadness overwhelms. Maybe I can watch summary videos on YouTube before, then play 3.

I wouldn't worry about it. Let me sum it up for you: "me Kratos, me angry, bad man gods responsible for my ouchies, me kill them all. Me ride on Gaias back while Titans climb Olympus. Me Kratos, rawr!"

Play it for the spectacle, not the story,

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

It's a continuation of the story so if you haven't played 1 and 2, you will be at a loss as to what the story is and why the events (especially at the start) happening as they are. Unlike a lot of other hack and slashers, the games actually have some decent stories and they tie into each numbered game so if you're able to, I would also recommend playing the older games in the future.

Regardless, at that price it's a good game just to get a feel of the awesome Kratos character. This should hopefully get you primed for God of War PS4.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Sadness overwhelms. Maybe I can watch summary videos on YouTube before, then play 3.

That's what I would do, it's better than not playing them at all, GoW3 is fantastic game and the best in the series IMO. The remaster doesn't look at all out of place on PS4 either.

How are the Wipeout and hot shots vita games?

Wipeout 2047 is the 2nd best game in the series after HD/Fury, it's well worth a go.

Shizza

Help me out GAF:

I've never played any of the God of War games, but I've heard great things about them from quite a few people. The trailer for the new one coming out also sparked my interest. With the deep discounts in this week's sale, I'm temped to pick them up to play (or rather add to my pile of unplayed games).

So, which ones should I pick up (I have both PS3 and PS4)?

ISee

US and EU sales are always different so don't expect the same deals. We'll have a new sale starting tomorrow but it'll likely have a different theme.

I know. I'm just a tiny bit salty because I'd buy GoW 3 and Until Dawn for 16€ in a heartbeat.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Help me out GAF:

I've never played any of the God of War games, but I've heard great things about them from quite a few people. The trailer for the new one coming out also sparked my interest. With the deep discounts in this week's sale, I'm temped to pick them up to play (or rather add to my pile of unplayed games).

So, which ones should I pick up (I have both PS3 and PS4)?

God of War Collection - $3.74 (this contains GOW 1 and 2 in HD)
God of War Origins Collection - $2.49 (this has the 2 PSP games remastered to 1080p)

For some reason they didn't put GOW 3 in the PS3 list but you can get that on the PS4 and finish up with Ascension on PS3. Regular version should suffice.

Play them in order of release, no need to play them 'chronologically' (the Origins games are actually prequels to the main release). Playing them in release order will make the most sense in terms of story/plot/characters etc.

Release order:
GOW 1, 2, Chains of Olympus (from Origins Collection), 3, Ghost of Sparta (Origins), Ascension.

Chronological order:
Chains of Olympus, Ascension, GOW 1, Ghost of Sparta, GOW 2, GOW 3

Shin-Ra

God of War III Remastered - $5.99
Until Dawn - $9.99
Resogun - $3.74
HotDamn.gif

Last I checked, the PS4's version of flOw's resolution is still busted, looking lower res than the PS3 original, but probably performing better. It should be a solid 1080p60.

B4D1E

I'm new to Playstation. Any chance those sales will come to EU? I would love to buy GoW III Remastered for that price.

Shizza

God of War Collection - $3.74 (this contains GOW 1 and 2 in HD)
God of War Origins Collection - $2.49 (this has the 2 PSP games remastered to 1080p)

For some reason they didn't put GOW 3 in the PS3 list but you can get that on the PS4 and finish up with Ascension on PS3. Regular version should suffice.

Play them in order of release, no need to play them 'chronologically' (the Origins games are actually prequels to the main release). Playing them in release order will make the most sense in terms of story/plot/characters etc.

Release order:
GOW 1, 2, Chains of Olympus (from Origins Collection), 3, Ghost of Sparta (Origins), Ascension.

Chronological order:
Chains of Olympus, Ascension, GOW 1, Ghost of Sparta, GOW 2, GOW 3

Thank you so much - quick & thorough!

MauroNL

How often are sales equal between NA and EU stores? Recently got a PS4 so I'm willing to stock up on exclusives, but I'm in EU territory. Or is it easy to buy from NA store like Xbox One?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I can't believe the US PSN had TLOU Remastered for $8. That's crazy. It's £40 in the UK at the moment. I'll pick it up in a heartbeat when it drops below £10.

B4D1E

I can't believe the US PSN had TLOU Remastered for $8. That's crazy. It's £40 in the UK at the moment. I'll pick it up in a heartbeat when it drops below £10.

I'm hoping as well all PS4 exclusives will drop in the EU store. I check my wishlist (what a great feature btw) every day in case there is some flash sale going on.

Top Bottom