• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, two friends of mine are Legacy Players and their characters also have the Legacy Marks but they didn't get the special intro at the beginning, is there anything they can do? :(

falastini

Anyone got any tips for the teratosaur bees? We try to dps them down as fast as we can but invariably there's always one bee that manages to pull off a final sting which oneshots our tank.

The Qarn bees? You should be focusing them first before anything else. If your still failing, it might be because your DPS are not hitting the same target. Mark the targets so everybody is hitting the same bee.

NA/EU Worlds down for everyone, or just me?

c2m.gif

Anyone got any tips for the teratosaur bees? We try to dps them down as fast as we can but invariably there's always one bee that manages to pull off a final sting which oneshots our tank.

Not much you can do other than ask your DPS to bring them down the faster the best, if they are decent enough they should be able. Otherwise ask the tank or any other DPS to stun Final Sting.

Focus on one at a time, since they do Final Sting when they are low in health (unsure about this).

Just got to Castrum Meridianum but I'm too tired to wait for duty finder and do a dungeon that has a 120m time limit.

So close, though.

Tendo

So my arcanist is level 16 but I feel I somehow over leveled for the zones I am in. Loving this game though. When I can get in it is absolutely a joy to play, but such a frustrating experience dealing with everything else.

As an arcanist looking to go the summoner route - how is summoner? Any comments on it so far? And I've been putting my ability points into Int - is that correct for a summoner?

real talk people.

is this game good.

If your looking for something totally new or different from the general MMO like games, you will probably be disappointed. But overall it's very solid game. It has issues, like lack of features such as pvp right now, and the game is rife with a ton of mind numbing fetch/delivery quests. The story of the game is quite decent, the feel of a Final Fantasy stand alone game is there outside of the gaps in levels where your forced to grind.

The job system is nice. It runs and looks great too, frankly this looks and runs much better than GW2 which came out a year ago already. Even with a ton of people on screen doing an event, it keeps going real solid and everyone on screen is well animated unlike that slide show of animation that GW2 turns into. Game also has competent dungeon encounter design, unlike that laughable instances in GW2.

The game has charm with it's world and presentation. If you are dead tired of WoW like MMOs and their boring side quests, then you will probably not last long in this game, but if you don't mind a bit of the same ol, the game is one of the more solid MMOs in a while. Again my biggest peeve outside the awful log in issues would be the awful generic side quest grinding. Fate events give a bit variety of ways to earn xp, but those can get just as mind numbing boring too.

potam

Banned
Anyone else been getting these random client crashes?

I'm thinking it might be the nvidia drivers...getting some weird glitches before the crash

edit: Oh...awesome. NA/EU servers not available

NeOak

Anyone else been getting these random client crashes?

I'm thinking it might be the nvidia drivers...getting some weird glitches before the crash

edit: Oh...awesome. NA/EU servers not available

RKZ has the same issues. NVIDIA drivers aren't stable with this game or so it seems.

Haven't had a crash with my 7970 though.

Doing the ultimate weapon dungeon and ran out of time. Cut scenes are killer there. Finally got down to 2 bosses left :( We wanted to regroup but I guess there is no way if they are on another realm, only duty finder can do that. Shame, cause we had the fights down. BTW, how much to the story quest is there after that?

Moaradin

Anyone here that doesn't own the game? First person to quote this gets a free game key that a friend wanted me to give out.

edit: Taken

Ran my second dungeon last night with a random group and had a total blast. I forgot how nice Japanese players tend to be, even when you're screwing up over stupid things.

Zomba13

Say, two friends of mine are Legacy Players and their characters also have the Legacy Marks but they didn't get the special intro at the beginning, is there anything they can do? :(

:O there is a legacy intro!? I never got anything special. Just looked it up on youtube. I got the boat ride in with that guy.

:(
Got Legacy mark, choco and CE upgrade stuff. Will have to check at the inn see if I can watch the right cutscene there...

Ken

I don't understand Esuna. Sometimes it clears off the debuff and sometimes it just says no effect?

potam

Banned
Well...I think I'm gonna start drinking and watch Breaking Bad. Not sure if I'll even want to fight to login after that.

Just 1 more level on my CNJ to get PAL :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did Square say when the digital download will be back?

Cetra

So I just got my Chocobo, I know I need Gyshal Greens but where do I learn the ability to summon it for combat? I want a healer for my Hunting Log treks!

K.Sabot

So I just got Scholar, am I able to switch back to Summoner to level by myself and still get my Scholar up at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom