• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has issues, like lack of features such as pvp right now, and the game is rife with a ton of mind numbing fetch/delivery quests.
I haven't experienced that at all, outside of the beginning where it is teaching you the basics and the layout of your home town. Does the game start filling with fetch/delivery quests after level 20 or something?

I've done most of the quests in Ul'Dah through 15, and most of the quests in Limsa through 20, and some of the quests in Gridania, and aside from the town quests at the start, I've not seen very many mind numbing fetch/delivery quests. The quests are mostly the current crappy MMO standard: "Kill xxx enemies, and bring their xxx to the next guy in the quest chain". Of course, there's some story to why you're doing it, which keeps it somewhat interesting, as long as you actually read the story. I do miss FFXI's system where even many of the basic sidequests had interesting stories with cutscenes and repeating characters.

_woLf

Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017

Loading screen finally taking awhile, I get excited....

Error 2002.

Fuck this shit.

Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017

Error 2002.

Fuck this shit.
You can actually tell when to get your hopes up. If you see the loading screen and there is music playing, that's a bad sign. Get your hopes up if you see the loading screen and the music is gone.

:O there is a legacy intro!? I never got anything special. Just looked it up on youtube. I got the boat ride in with that guy.

:(
Got Legacy mark, choco and CE upgrade stuff. Will have to check at the inn see if I can watch the right cutscene there...

Well we are not sure, maybe it's just for players that got full legacy status in 1.0? :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Some people have been leaving today, it's been kinda weird.

They didn't get Ultros.

Don't see why. I had a blast with some GAF party members today (I don't know your "real GAF names" guys :p!). Its an excellent group and have been helpful. Very.

Aeana

Don't see why. I had a blast with some GAF party members today (I don't know your "real GAF names" guys :p!). Its an excellent group and have been helpful. Very.

I put my GAF name in my search comment. I encourage others to do the same!

Checked stores around me and the game was out of stock. Guess I'll be waiting a while. Probably for the best though. Hopefully that maintenance fixes everything.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
I'm back in!!! I got kicked 8 hours ago and have tried intermittently, and then did the keystroke macro as suggested here (which didn't work), and then I just manually tried and got in!

It's a miracle.

mileS

Yea I was quite surprised to see a bunch of room open up for the GAF fc today. Were people booted that haven't been on or did they leave on their own.

akaoni

Banned
You can actually tell when to get your hopes up. If you see the loading screen and there is music playing, that's a bad sign. Get your hopes up if you see the loading screen and the music is gone.

You can tell you're going to get in when the loading wheel appears at the bottom right.

So I'll be trying out as a Solo conjurer, since that seems like a fun and different class to play. Any tips on how to distribute the stats?

Also, I still have that NA pre order code with the moogle cap and Cait Sith doll. Would exchange it with someone for I dont know, anything you can come up with.

aceface

And then you get error 10102 to kill all your hopes and dreams.

Just fought Titan, fun fight, pretty easy once you know the mechanics. And really other than the jump, you've seen them all in previous dungeons (which is pretty good design imo).

Onwards to 40!

KaiserWilson

Neo Member
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017
Error 1017

Error 2002.

Fuck this shit.

Same here, except I actually get in a queue and then I get 10102. Not to also mention I've been trying to log in for nearly five hours now.

pixlexic

Banned
ehh i am going to play diablo on console for a while then come back to this when it does not take me a hour just to log in.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member

Also if the cursor appears and the loading screen has not disappeared within 10 seconds.

Zafir

The bottom right cog shows up if it's actually loading, and not a "fake" loading screen.

Edit: Already been said, nvm. xD

Dineren

Banned
I've been running the character select script since around 3pm cst with no luck. The closest I have gotten was seeing the queue at 201 dropping to 200 before disconnecting me again. Not too disappointed since I've been playing SMT IV while the script runs. Almost makes me glad I can't get in.

Its pretty sweet finishing the story campaign as a instant queue class, now I can level a DD class and not have to wait hours on a failed pug.

Apoptomon

Actually it's more crystal theme = bad, area theme = good
Same here, except I actually get in a queue and then I get 10102. Not to also mention I've been trying to log in for nearly five hours now.
Tried manually numpad-0-ing for over an hour, got bored and set up a macro instead. Then I got a lobby error 2002 and then the NA/EU world list error :(
At least I was able to get some work done. FFXIV is threatening to swallow my life (when it works).

Ichinii

I assume it has been almost impossible to log in the game for most people since this morning? How are my chances at the present moment?

1017?

Princepeach

Neo Member
Do you have to be a certain level for the quest? Where do you pick it up from?

Camp Tranquil in South Shroud, Gridania. I think you have to be level 30.

I'm leveling my Choco as a tank and was surprised when he held hate for the majority of a level 32 fate in Southern Thanalan.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh fantastic. 90000 while in a story quest :p

EDIT: Wow, got back in without a queue without a single issue.

Eusis

Has 90000 hit PS3 players, or just PC players?

... And man, I didn't even think of FFXIV buddy codes unlocking the PC version. Too bad they were more stingy with ARR, though if there's anyone else with spares I wouldn't mind getting one.

Kenai

So I'll be trying out as a Solo conjurer, since that seems like a fun and different class to play. Any tips on how to distribute the stats?

Just put everything into MND. CNJ is the only healer class low level and MND boosts your healing. Even better, when you are not healing you quickly get an ability called Cleric Stance which among other things switches the values of MND with your INT (which boosts damage spells). With the exception of ACN every class seems to be able to pour every extra point into one particular stat.

Berordn

Also, rushing to cap with FATEs is all well and good but once you get there you'll need gear anyways. So really you're only short-cutting one aspect of the process.

When there's a giant wall from 47-50 there's really no other option but FATEs. There's but one dungeon (at least until the reopen Tonberry hell) and nothing in the way of quests.

If leves and dungeons were more efficient you'd see people doing that, but you can literally get from 47-49 with FATEs in about two and a half hours in Mor Dhona. Much of the issue of gear is offset by getting AF at 45 and mopping up the last quest when you do hit 50.

Moaradin

Just when I thought I actually got in after hours of 1017, I get a completely new error I've never seen before.

i23wntOm29lKr.png

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom