• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have discovered a most wondrous thing.

Pressing the left analog stick button will quick dismount you from mounts.

Kandinsky

Duty finder needs a "dont allow assholes" option, this pgl lotted every single piece of gear that dropped, fking salty atm because he won my robe by 3 points D:

Eusis

Duty finder needs a "dont allow assholes" option, this pgl lotted every single piece of gear that dropped, fking salty atm because he won my robe by 3 points D:
I admittedly stick with greed if need isn't an option (and usually need IS for something I can make immediate use of) because I found out the hard way that everyone selecting pass = no one gets it. I'd rather at least have the option of selling something or using it while leveling another class than it just vanishing.

EDIT: And yes, remember need overrides greed, and need seems to operate on whether you can immediately benefit or not. Plus since it's a die roll you had a fair shot too, though it can kind of suck if you're the wrong class at the moment for a piece of gear you really would like. Ah well, not as if there won't be nicer sooner than later.

Sigh. I want to play so badly. Do you guys think the EU support will help me remove the token off of my account tomorrow? NA support isn't open because of labor day.

Jubern

Could someone answer me on the maintenance thing? Because all worlds show as green on the Lodestone, and I've been trying to login for a while now.

If you can equip it immediately, need it. If you're even considering using it for a different class, greed it. The only reason to use pass is if it's unique and you can't loot it at all, or you're gearing an FC mate. Don't be a martyr, gils is gils.4

Edit: Also i broke 21 on my armorsmithing on Ultros and now i'm some kind of HQ wizard. Feel free to message peko if you need materia slotted or some HQ armor up to iron scale(i can probably make the heavy iron stuff but lets wait til at least 24ish for that.)

Eusis

The biggest problem with the loot system is that when everybody passes, the item disappears forever.
Yeah, and thus why I never bother unless someone specifically says they want it but can't select need. I'll take my chance MILDLY screwing someone over than it vanishing without any real need to.
If you can equip it immediately, need it. If you're even considering using it for a different class, greed it. The only reason to use pass is if it's unique and you can't loot it at all, or you're gearing an FC mate. Don't be a martyr, gils is gils.
More importantly when everyone's a martyr you're just left with a pile of corpses.

Whooter

Could someone answer me on the maintenance thing? Because all worlds show as green on the Lodestone, and I've been trying to login for a while now.

It sounds like the Worlds are up, but the login/gateway servers are down. If you're in, you're okay. If you're not in, you're not getting in.

The biggest problem with the loot system is that when everybody passes, the item disappears forever.

The best solution is to have a Sidejob/Offspec option between need and greed but I guess the only issue with that is that there is no way to tell if someone rolling for a secondary job is actually just going to sell it.

The need/greed system is close to being perfected but there needs to be one more option in these games where the job you are playing in the dungeon isn't actually the job you want the item for. It should be under people using it for the job they are currently on but above people that just want more money.

Eusis

It sounds like the Worlds are up, but the login/gateway servers are down. If you're in, you're okay. If you're not in, you're not getting in.
Huh, maybe I should've continued to spam, eventually I'd have gotten in. Unless it went down for those not signed into their character rather than those not logged into FFXIV period, in which case it's just as well.

Whooter

Huh, maybe I should've continued to spam, eventually I'd have gotten in. Unless it went down for those not signed into their character rather than those not logged into FFXIV period, in which case it's just as well.

Yeah, I should clarify. When I said "you're in" I meant "logged into a character and playing". If you're just logged in to the launcher and sitting at the World Select screen, you're probably SOL until the maintenance finishes.

Jubern

Yeah, I should clarify. When I said "you're in" I meant "logged into a character and playing". If you're just logged in to the launcher and sitting at the World Select screen, you're probably SOL until the maintenance finishes.

Welp, time to stop mashing this button. I might play some VLR in the meantime.

WolvenOne

Oh, hey, Queue. Wish me luck! :)

Edit: Square, I know getting new servers if the biggest short term priority, but you've got to get a more reliable and consistent Queue system in place too.

RK9039

Afk GAF part 2:

itqZu6irzpvbu.jpg

ib0w3rMXghj8Js.jpg

Some healer called me the best tank he has played with so far.

True story. I don't mess around, best player EU.

gokieks

Did first dungeon via Duty Finder today, and my god, the tank was awful. He had no concept of building up aggro on multiple mobs, never moved out of enemy attack indicator areas, had poor location awareness, and just didn't seem to understand tanking at all. He also never said anything and moved in a way that looked like a keyboard turner, so I wonder if he was a PS3 player. Anyway, we did manage to finish Satasha, but the last boss ended up being taken from 50% down to dead with just me (as a Conjurer) and a Thaumatage kiting and aggro bouncing him down because the tank just stood in the middle and eating all the attacks, and I couldn't heal him up due to needing to use a vent.

The point of this story (other than once again making me wish I could play both a tank and a healer at the same time), is that I *really* need to know more competent people to play with. So... still would like an overflow LS invite on Ultros. Character name is Aurialis Valencia, and with any luck I'll be staying in-game indefinitely.

*knocks on wood*

Dizzy-4U

I've been mashing A for over an hour. With my new upgraded thumb I'll be able to complete the metal gear's torture scene 10 times in a row.

Teknoman

Did first dungeon via Duty Finder today, and my god, the tank was awful. He had no concept of building up aggro on multiple mobs, never moved out of enemy attack indicator areas, had poor location awareness, and just didn't seem to understand tanking at all. He also never said anything and moved in a way that looked like a keyboard turner, so I wonder if he was a PS3 player. Anyway, we did manage to finish Satasha, but the last boss ended up being taken from 50% down to dead with just me (as a Conjurer) and a Thaumatage kiting and aggro bouncing him down because the tank just stood in the middle and eating all the attacks, and I couldn't heal him up due to needing to use a vent.

The point of this story (other than once again making me wish I could play both a tank and a healer at the same time), is that I *really* need to know more competent people to play with. So... still would like an overflow LS invite on Ultros. Character name is Aurialis Valencia, and with any luck I'll be staying in-game indefinitely.

*knocks on wood*

Start building up that friends list too.

Rootbeer

Banned

i wasn't aware of this at all, so now i'm greeding everything I don't need. Thanks. I've been in plenty of dungeons already where only 1 person greeded. Don't want anything to get wasted.

Ken

Died at the end of the Titan fight but my party took it down. Watched cutscene but I'm still dead and can't exit. Q.Q

Lotto

I've been stuck on a loading screen for about 15 minutes now trying to connect to the World server. I'm guessing this isn't a good thing but has this happened to anyone else? I kinda just wanna keep it loading until by some miracle it lets me in.

_woLf

I give up.

I've been trying pretty much all day today to get in and I haven't even been placed in a queue once.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I give up.

I've been trying pretty much all day today to get in and I haven't even been placed in a queue once.

It almost seems like they removed the queue. Even though I know they have not since it didnt change last patch. Just stuff getting hammered to hell. :/

Im guessing I need to progress the story quests more to unlock the other dungeons, as apparently finding them isnt enough D: Also got to get to lv 45 I think to work on my reaching my next GC rank. As gotta get the quest from the commander.

Aeana

Afk GAF part 2:

Some healer called me the best tank he has played with so far.

True story. I don't mess around, best player EU.

I hope you've never once gotten up from your keyboard or alt-tabbed out of the game to do anything for any reason.

Skilletor

I had a great day. Got in with no troubles, and had a couple people in my linkshell help with the first two story dungeons. Gained 3 levels, did the level 20 THM quest.

I fucking love this game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I hope you've never once gotten up from your keyboard or alt-tabbed out of the game to do anything for any reason.

I usually alt tab to check on FB, GAF and stuff. Then go playing. I have obviously been an ass sometimes and gone AFK but that was the first few days... now I just have luck getting in :p

Jeels

I just want to say, I've been trying to get in for 14 hours now, and for a consistent 2 and a half.

This long weekend is my only break until November.

[ I've been trying pretty much all day today to get in and I haven't even been placed in a queue once.

Psh, not like it matters. I've gotten in a queue five times today and all five times its given me a world is full message as usual.

Things have gotten worse, not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom