• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Avo's watch series is fire and I always happen to be around on the right time to catch it live. Great way to revisit old battles. Best shit in secondary battle rap media since the bar exam game show imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Myron don't act like my browser didn't cache your post before the edit. Happy belated birthday breh.

URL: Prez Mafia vs. Money Bagz. Could've been better IMO, weird crowd or energy. There's a looooot of rapping going on but a lot of filler too.

I feel like my bias is too strong to speak on this but hell nah. Pat is really good at roasting people, for the most part K has only faced people that have tried to out bar him. This battle was waiting to happen. It randomly came up a few days ago on the Watch series from RYD. Pretty excited for this one! Even with all my bias I enjoy people that come at Pat with different angles. Lately Bigg K has been mixing a lot more comedy in and I look forward to him roasting Pat a bit. Hopefully talking shit about my home province as well lmao.

Speaking of KOTD and Watch from RYD. Did they really come @ Avo asking him not to play battles from the KOTD channel?That is some straight up cold shit. Moves like that seem really fucking stupid but I don't know the full story here.
Maybe I'm biased in the other direction, but he's been super dry and unexceptional in pretty much all respects for quite a while, including clowning. Part of that is because the charisma isn't there and I think the jokes are increasingly cheesy/repetitive. He's just inconsistent within battles and even rounds.

Honestly, Charron is the great Canadian hope Pat Stay was situated to grow into being all those years ago before he stagnated. I don't think any of Stay's performances since perhaps Hollohan touch the trail of bodies, insane freestyles, angles, roasts, and room shakers that Charron has accomplished over the past few years.

I might be exaggerating but I haven't been excited to see what Pat does in a long time. He was decent vs. Calicoe, though. That was a good matchup.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Arsonal got a new last battle every week lol I don't like the matchup, sounds like it will be awkward.

Geechi vs. Stuey is fire. Stuey gets overlooked for semi-good reasons but he came with it all three rounds, even though I think Geechi got it. Battle will be a sleeper IMO.

Geechi vs. Rum Nitty needs to happen.

Arsonal got a new last battle every week lol I don't like the matchup, sounds like it will be awkward.

Geechi vs. Stuey is fire. Stuey gets overlooked for semi-good reasons but he came with it all three rounds, even though I think Geechi got it. Battle will be a sleeper IMO.

Geechi vs. Rum Nitty needs to happen.

Yeah I got Geechi 2-1.

A. Ward VS. DNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMP91nV4MAI

Really solid battle, DNA was good! :O

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Full Ascension Trailer/Card:

DOT vs. Mo Mula
Dougy vs. Jai 400 Block
Snake Eyez vs. Tone Montana
Bill Collector vs. Uno Lavoz
Reepah Rell vs. Real Deal
Prep vs. Rich Dolarz
Money Bagz vs. Young Kannon
Cortez vs. Prez Mafia

I think all of these have potential besides Dougy vs. Jai 400 Block and maybe Reepah Rell vs. Real Deal, although I'm always down for Real Deal.

Yak got beat up by the kid honestly lol. Saynt has great potential. Based off of this battle, Yak kinda whack.

Franchise VS. Brooklyn Carter dropped. Didn't even know it happened. I bailed after one round.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brooklyn Carter had one great line in that battle, something along the lines of I'm going to give him so many punches, he's going to think it's his birthday.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Massacre 3 has an insane card thus far. It has easily become KOTD's premiere event.

A-Ward vs. DNA was dope. Damn, DNA was going off and I can't believe I'm saying that. I got DNA all three, though. A-Ward needs to work on his delivery and he flubbed the freestyling.

Gjonaj vs. Chilla was good too, but I think Chilla got it clearly. Feels like a 2-1 or a 3-0 no body. Every time Gjonaj got some momentum though Chilla just hit harder. He was sonning him a lot in the 3rd though.

mileS

Am I an asshole for just straight up hating on any of the christian battle rappers? (A.Ward, Loso) They both have talent, but I can't stand them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Am I an asshole for just straight up hating on any of the christian battle rappers? (A.Ward, Loso) They both have talent, but I can't stand them.
Nah, I don't blame you. Usually their style always comes with a bit of preachiness which can be a turn off even if there's only a bit of it. The holier than thou stuff, and to be real, we've kind of heard it all as far as angles go from Christian rappers.

Saga too.

mileS

Nah, I don't blame you. Usually their style always comes with a bit of preachiness which can be a turn off even if there's only a bit of it. The holier than thou stuff, and to be real, we've kind of heard it all as far as angles go from Christian rappers.

Saga too.

Okay. Glad I'm not the only one. You explained it much better than I could.

KOTD seems to be pushing A.Ward and Loso like crazy. It's all I see on twitter lately. Well at least before Massacre 3 stuff started coming out. Anyways.. yea. Both are talented, but until they tone down some of that shit I will continue not to care.

Really dope ass battle, I thought Will stepped his writing up. I wonder if Nitty had anything to do with it....>_>

Brizz 2-1, killer performance.

Also, Lux VS. Arsonal is official I guess.....why...why...WHHHHYYYY

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's everywhere, but apparently Chris Unbias got locked up (not convicted/sentenced yet) for rape..................

Unbias bars in battles about to go to a whole new level I guess.

It's everywhere, but apparently Chris Unbias got locked up (not convicted/sentenced yet) for rape..................

Unbias bars in battles about to go to a whole new level I guess.

WAT

I remember hearing about some controversy surrounding him in the past, I kinda ignored it all. I don't even watch him, I usually disagree with everything he says. Caps and Jayblac are the only ones i've ever paid attention to.

WAT

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Cortez vs. Prez Mafia. I imagine this is how all of Cortez' bodies in the vault look. Prez Mafia doesn't deserve to be booked after this, and he didn't deserve Cortez in the first place. TBH just skip to Cortez' third.

Where the

Haven't seen any battle since like the Lux vs Calicoe battle. A lot to catch up on.

If you watch anything, watch JC vs. Chilla Jones.

WAT

I remember hearing about some controversy surrounding him in the past, I kinda ignored it all. I don't even watch him, I usually disagree with everything he says. Caps and Jayblac are the only ones i've ever paid attention to.

WAT

Yep.

Felony Robbery
Felony False Imprisonment
Misdemeanor Battery (Family Violence)
Felony Rape

Queenzflip hinted at this a while back but pulled the vids down I think.
Found it here. Shit, he references the other past charges of his (incl. battery) I can find online, but yeah he alludes to another charge related to a woman that he got expunged..

I remember in the Untold Truth for Bonnie Godiva he was being suuuuuuuper creepy and like grabbed her ass out of nowhere. Dude has always had an oddly creepy vibe to him. In a bunch of his event recaps he'd secretly record strippers in clubs too.

I'm not saying he did it, but...

Also he's 42, WTF

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Real Deal vs. Reepah Rell

But I'll drive you to the ER, and make sure they got nurses and docs to spare
'Cause when you get out, I'm tryna repeal your shit like Obamacare

I tied my Timbs tight, your glass jaw, I might have to mazel tov that
I told him from the gate, I'll do a number on him like a Holocaust tat

CHEF TREZ VS CHEF RD SET IT UP

EDIT: This battle is lowkey consistently fire for a weird matchup.
EDIT2: Minus WeGoHard hyping smh

URL: Th3 Saga vs. Tink Da Demon. I got Tink 2-1 TBH, even though he fucked up multiple times. Saga rapping for like 10 minutes a round, FOH. IMO this is too long to be worth a watch TBH.

URL: Goodz vs. T-Top. Still got it 3-0 Goodz, but 2-1 for Goodz talking all through T-Tops rounds.

URL PGs: Mack Mel vs. Quban. Okay battle, good energy.

K-Shine vs. Ty Law. Ty Law went the fuck off, he's back in his bag.

This Quban dude sounds like a lot like Twork....

Real Deal 2-1 or 3-0, Rell had some good punches though...too bad about all the damn choking.

Speaking of choking, if you haven't seen Snake Eyes VS. Tone Montana....don't bother.

Goodz 3-0 still. I thought it was a bag honestly, Goodz can just make you look so whack in comparison...by just standing and doing virtually nothing.

I guess Saga won 2-1. Even though I liked Tink's material a little more. Who wants to battle Saga at this point though? Really, this is like his first win since Prep.

Ty Law bagged K Shine.

Also, that Born Legacy Supreme card is FIRE!

Nitty, JC, Mike P, and Qleen I have winning.

Mike P VS. Twork Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXw7IJYP6lU

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

MIKE P VS. NU JERZY TWORK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTpyQbjJf8

That yu gi oh bar, vegeta scheme, butterfly knife into your cocoon, I can reverse life
....the Twork breakdown, Mike P beat Twork from every angle. Twork had some good lines
(like the jordan line)
, way more questionable ones in my opinion. But this was probably his worst performance...that 3rd was awful to watch.

Mike P 3-0, 2-1 if you wanna debate the 2nd.

YO! BIGG K DOING BLOGS LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-_ZPKvud58

....THIS IS AMAZING...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I agree with everything you said, Ninja. Mike got the 30.

That DBZ shit was FIIIIIIIIRE. Mike stays delivering schemes for the 90s babies.

Charron bombing on a solid Verb right now (Verb rapped circles around him though). Thesaurus VS. Clips was not good. Saurus basically gave up in the third. Clips showed up as expected and had ok moments for freestyles. I guess Clips won, battle was bad. Don't really care.

Charron 3-0 WHEW!

Mickey Factz is barring Daylyts life away. Like forreal. Daylyt dead. Mickey Factz needs to battle more.

Surprise battle Hollow VS. Diz....1 round. Full 3 round battle at a later event. Hollow not saying anything crazy but giving a decent performance. Diz is going in...huh. Well, he was for a bit. Diz has been rapping for like ten minutes. Diz said "nigga" really loud. Hollow getting mad for Diz rapping over time. Ending was a clusterfuck. Was actually a good one round until the end.

Both Chilla and Illmac going in. 1st to Chilla, 2nd to Illmac. 3rd to Illmac. Illmac 2-1. They both went crazy with the writing. Illmacs schemes in the second were crazy. Fantastic battle. Illmac's writing on another level though. This will be a super debateable battle for people.

Ars with crazy aggression and in really good form (mad disrespect). Iron with some really good material. I didn't think this would be a competitive match. Ars is snapping in the second. Can't remember the last time he was this good. Iron's 3rd was great, the "fake choke" sealed it. Ars smacked Iron's hat off then gave him a hug. Iron 2-1. Arsonal was great though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Event sounds like it was dope, was a dope card as Massacres always are.

Gonna wait for VODs, but Hollow vs. Diz surprise battle, wow

Yeah, I was just trying to do some quick summaries without spoiling bars. Bigg K VS. Pat Stay next. I missed Jimz VS. DNA, but I heard it was pretty good. Chilla and Illmac probably battle of the night so far.

K bodying Pat. Jesus....

Bigg K just bodied Pat and KOTD. K is just a monster yo. A MONSTAH! Pat had a few nice lines every round, but I don't think this was close.

Yeah, Xcel won. Oops had some shit, but those pauses were heavy.

Born and Nunn Nunn had a GZ battle that was fire, but I forgot to post it. Worth checking out. KOTD should really pick up all of these guys. Their GZ people pale in comparison to the PG's on URL.

Im honestly impressed with how fast and consistently URL is dropping these battles. Im gonna be looking for a stream too. If I find one, i'll post about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After watching some recaps, I caved and watched some bootlegs of Born Legacy Supreme. Bodies everywhere.

YK obliterated Jakkboy Maine, body of the night.
In the DMV with the scope, I'm getting my eyes checked

Ill Will's first was fantastic. That classic Ill Will. I gotta give it to Twork 2-1, but if Will didn't choke I would have probably had it 2-1 in his favour TBH.
I made Born Legacy. You just choke a lot, you should be a part of Born's legacy.

Chef Trez vs. Nitty was good but weird. I feel Rum edged each round, though.

Mike P 2-1 to Big T, maybe 3-0. Harder stuff in the 3rd and he destroyed NWX in the 2nd.

JC is on some other shit. If YK vs. Jakkboy wasn't the body of the night, this is. Actually this might be worse due to the chokes. Who can stop JC right now.. Lux?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is actually pretty good.

Lux was in his bag, I got him 2-1 or 3-0, no body. Ars did his thing and was pretty direct but he didn't really have many haymakers. Lux didn't either but his wordplay was crazy, especially in the first. If I'd give Ars a round it'd probably be the third.

EDIT: Brehs, B Magic vs. Chilla gotta be one of the most dense battles in terms of bars. Shit came out like 5 years ago and I'm still catching new shit like One you battle a Star,-Jones, you get the views. Magic is one of the GOATs IMO. There's way too much fire material he's spit.

Yeah I was gonna do a recap of BLS myself. I agree...bags everywhere. Jakk got bagged (I have a bone to pick with some of YK's bars, but I totally agree he won the battle). Ill Will had a solid first, but Twork had a crazy 2nd and 3rd. It was a wrap after his "madness". Nitty bagged Trez, which I already knew was going to happen. Chess was probably going to lose anyways, but he put himself into an even bigger bag than JC was going to put him in. Mike P and Big T was terrible from what I watched but I guess Mike took it in the 2nd and 3rd.

I'm watching Ars and Lux right now. I'm on Arsonal's first and he is GOING OFF!

It wasn't supposed to be this close!!! Ars got the 2nd, Lux got the 3rd; the first is really close for me, but right now i'm gonna edge it to Ars. I can't believe i'm saying that. I need another watch! But for now Arsonal 2-1! I think that there was a lot of light material, nice wordplay from Lux, but it just felt light for me. The only things I really felt heavy were some of Ars's personals for Lux (even though Ars had a lot of corny material, as usual). I have a feeling Lux's material is going to look better over time. But Ars winning is how I feel after my first watch.

Speaking of B Magic, I watched him against Tay Roc again recently. No idea how people think Roc won. Average bars and aggression weren't winning against B Magic's flow and consistently solid punching.

Also, if it was your bday myron, happy belated!

Erv

Hollow vs diz was a let down. They should have just waited for the main one. Now I wonder if it will happen because the guy who helps put these battles on with kotd supposedly got insulted by something iron Solomon said during his battle. Supposedly this guy helps fund these events.

mileS

Who Nikiya? What did Iron say?

From what I gathered, at least half of the battles booked lately for KOTD wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for him paying for it. Battle rappers are going to have to start asking for less money once he stops funding everything. This won't last forever.

Top Bottom