• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

Can't comment on any summer madness stuff yet. Waiting for the official releases.

Watching DNA vs Jimz now. Only 1 round in, but Jimz is impressing me way more than his last KOTD showing.

*Okay his 2nd is kinda trash. Props around DNA is pretty stupid to do regardless.

I just keep rewatching Hollow vs Roc. I love this battle. My stanning for Hollow speaks for itself but the fact that Roc was able to stand next to him off the strength of gun bars alone...

I'm really thinking about that. Hollow has an extensive bag of tricks and damn near used them all very well and Roc still stood next to him just gun barring away. Tay's delivery too...

Great fucking battle. I've got other shit to catch up on but I just keep watching Hollow v Roc.

I mean yeah, but he still lost. Roc had moments, but he always has moments. I do agree it was closer than probably a lot of Hollow fans (myself included) thought it would be.

Dawg that Traffic 3 trailer is fire!

Not sure how I missed the Factz/Daylyt battle, i've been refreshing YT all day lol! Oooooh, they must've taken it down.

O-Red VS. K Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuDtFVSmj4A

Some good battles out, time to eat!

They reuploaded it...

Mickey Factz VS. Daylyt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3O3CfVyrdU

Chess/JC and this are gonna be close for bodybags of the year. Factz is NICE. I'm catching so many of his bars. They're simple, yet cleverly woven. I really appreciate his style in this age of battle rap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, Mickey is dope. I never watched his battle with Danja but he's fire and I definitely know I didn't catch everything. Bodybagged Daylyt.

KOTD: WD7 Toronto Main Event: Head I.C.E. vs. Cortez. Technically a rematch, but yeah, Cortez definitely deserves this shot, he's been the most consistent battle rapper for like the last year and a half. So there's a WD7 in both Toronto and LA or what's going on?

Damn, Mickey is dope. I never watched his battle with Danja but he's fire and I definitely know I didn't catch everything. Bodybagged Daylyt.

KOTD: WD7 Toronto Main Event: Head I.C.E. vs. Cortez. Technically a rematch, but yeah, Cortez definitely deserves this shot, he's been the most consistent battle rapper for like the last year and a half. So there's a WD7 in both Toronto and LA or what's going on?

Yep, Oxxymiron/Diz is the mainevent in the other location. I was worried we were going to get Bigg K/Head Ice again, which wouldn't have worked. But Head Ice against Cortez? I'm down, could actually be one of the best title matches in KOTD history.

illmaculate VS. Chilla Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IsU3jBeWno

illmac 2-1 or 3-0. illmac's whole 2nd was a scheme. Ridiculous pen. Stuffy nose Chilla had a solid performance. I'd probably edge him the first if anything, power scheme in the 3rd was also cool. I don't think Chilla does well against people who can really rap.

Born VS. B Magic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syf_y0fSOdQ

Punch fest. Born choking though...I thought he was done with this. *sigh*

Damn even the under card is fire. Megadef vs Topr? Yo... Topr is about to go the fuck in!

Pass is hit or miss lately but I don't think he's gonna chance fucking around with Bigg K. K himself is obviously not gonna play around, FIRE battle. Please let Aye Verb show up for this B Dot battle and make it a classic. I'm not convinced Verb has it in him to really put on a show right now but either way It's gonna be 3 classic rounds from B Dot.

Iron vs Illmac could be battle of the night. Iron always swings for the fences even if his last battle had the biggest miss of his career (SM2 might have been worse overall actually). Illmac is a battler I stan for and he rarely lets me down so if these dudes take the right angles & that Avocado production is on point... this could be a movie.

Pnut vs A. Ward ehhh... I fuck with A.Ward & Pnut is decent. It feels like a necessary come up battle for Ward. He needs to keep showing up if he doesn't wanna burn out too quickly like Gjonaj.

Glad to see Saynt getting that push. He's a real good talent for the west coast scene. Never heard of his opponent but looking forward to that battle too.

Ayo I started a Battle GAF discord. If anyone wants to fuck around & join it. I'm gonna be catching up on some battles later on tonight (probobly like 11~12 EST). Born Vs Magic, familiarizing myself with some up-and-coming names I've neglected (Jackboy Maine, Ryda, etc).

Come on in if you wanna watch some battles & shoot the shit in real time, broskis.

That WD card is CRAZY! Pass needs a win...I don't think he is going to get against K though. Iron and Illmac could end up being one the top five battles of the year.

...I thought Verb retired....

Anyways, depending on what time I wake up, I may join to watch battles. I'll check in around 11ish. Nevermind, I can't read, your post was from yesterday :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
World Domination 7 Toronto Full Card Trailer:

Head I.C.E. vs. Cortez
Caustic vs. Arcane
Pat Stay vs. Charlie Clips
Charron v s. Serius Jones
Jimz vs. Math Hoffa
Dunn D vs. Big Kannon
Nunn Nunn vs. Vega

Damn Hoffa and Serius Jones on the same card lol

EDIT: B Magic vs. Born is stupid fire. I guess Magic won the battle of the choking punchers because Born was sloppy even in this battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Big T vs. Mike P.

Mike P's went in on his 2nd. Good battle overall, but I think Mike P was way more impressive overall and Big T's rounds lasted FOREVER AND he choked. Big T gotta have the least progression as an MC of any of the vets. He fell off and now is trying to turn all of his really old bars into slogans and there's mixed results IMO but it feels forced overall. Every time he doesn't bomb I feel like I give Big T pity points, he's held to a lower standard.

Mike P's straight rapping ability is among the most diverse and best out right now IMO.

Caustic vs Arcane happening a few years too late. Can't wait to hear a bunch of outdated references about buying bars.
Pretty much.

I'm not convinced many of the WD7 matches will end up being good but the names are definitely there.

Mike P 2-1. Probably would've been a 30 if he finished his first. His 2nd was fire. Please get K Shine the fuck out of here. Also don't book Big T for anymore battles. The way he structures his material is awful.

Every battle dropping from BLS except for Joe/Franchise is a bag.

RUIN YOUR DAY: PIGSTY vs RANDOM

Don't sleep on this battle. Super fire & NO filler. All the fat has been trimmed on the RYD format. Basically what the Quiet Room should have been back in the day.

I got Random 2-1. Pigsty getting the 2nd, but god damn Random was the clear stand out of the two. KOTD has finally been stepping up their talent development in a significant way. It's not much compared to the well oiled machine of URL's PG system but it finally feels like there's a crop of viable up and comers for their league.

EDIT:

This Lux Freestyle is scary good.

I'm retroactively revoking Arsonal's win.

mileS

Yup. That Lux freestyle is stupid levels of fire.

Youtube gem
I ignored my BABYMAMA while i was LISTENING to this, she said is that more IMPORTANT than me? i said this shit REALER than our relationship!💯

RUIN YOUR DAY: PIGSTY vs RANDOM

Don't sleep on this battle. Super fire & NO filler. All the fat has been trimmed on the RYD format. Basically what the Quiet Room should have been back in the day.

I got Random 2-1. Pigsty getting the 2nd, but god damn Random was the clear stand out of the two. KOTD has finally been stepping up their talent development in a significant way. It's not much compared to the well oiled machine of URL's PG system but it finally feels like there's a crop of viable up and comers for their league.

Eh, not bad. Random 2-1. 1st and 2nd. KOTD really does need new blood badly. That is URL's strength right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chess needs to sit out for a couple events. He has his highs but also a lot of lows and periods where he just isn't saying much. I feel like he needs to slow down his rapping in general.

Also Geechi Gotti vs. Ave on Traffic 3 low key might end up being battle of the year. Traffic 3 looks great TBH.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can somebody recommend a good Geechi Gotti battle? A lot of people swear by him and I've never watched anything of his before.

I don't know which is best to watch, his performances seem to be of similar quality. The one with Saynt prob because it's when people started talking about him, and the one with Stuey is probably the best overall battle (that or the Glueazy one). Danny one is short and sweet.

vs. Saynt (his breakout (kinda) battle)
vs. Danny Myers
vs. Glueazy
vs. Stuey Newton

Ilmac vs. JC at RBE's Pearly Gates...and he has Iron tomorrow.....jeeeeez lol

Also, Geechi against Saynt and Glueazy are his best battles imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bigg K vs. Pass was definitely fire. That might be the best Pass I've seen. Have no idea who I got. One consistent as fuck battle.

Verb-B Dot is about to be ruined due to time limits....I almost threw something when ganik stopped B dot.

B-Dot with a 30, wish he had got to finish his first though. He was rapping so fast trying to get his material out. Verb did good though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The crowd almost fucked up a classic.

Both B Dot and Aye Verb were rapping at 110%. Wow. These last two battles have been battle of the year contenders TBH.

Verb's third was great. Imagine if he was consistent!

DAMN ILLMAC LMAO! This battle is gonna be crazy....

Illmac just beat Iron pretty clearly in my opinion. I hope JC is ready. I think this is Iron's first clear loss since his return. Illmac is out to prove he is the best pen in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This USA x Russia battle is simultaneously something that makes so much sense right now, but as I'm watching this Russian sponsor for the battle, is also so, sooo weird.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
not gonna front

dude is fire

breh just said fuck henry kissinger, he's prob the most educated battle rapper lol

Yeah I was worried this would be trash. This dudes angles are solid. This battle is working.

Are these russian bars fire? I can't tell :(

Difficult battle to call. But I think oxy got it. Third was especially dope. Hope he does another battle on KOTD.

Doooope event. I don't think Toronto is gonna top this. I need to rewatch Iron-Illmac, Bigg K-Pass, and B Dot-Verb. Eddy I-Saynt was a solid battle, as was A. Ward-Pnut.

Watching the stream replay rn.

Bigg K vs Pass was fire. I gatta rewatch Pass' 2nd because I didnt like it but I havent been seeing that from anyone else.

Right now I got K 2-1 with Pass getting the 3rd and the 1st being debatable.

edit:

LMFAO B Dot is buggin.

Said he had 10 seconds left and then started a show time. lmaoo

Watching the stream replay rn.

Bigg K vs Pass was fire. I gatta rewatch Pass' 2nd because I didnt like it but I havent been seeing that from anyone else.

Right now I got K 2-1 with Pass getting the 3rd and the 1st being debatable.

edit:

LMFAO B Dot is buggin.

Said he had 10 seconds left and then started a show time. lmaoo
Yeah, I wanted to hear his showtime. But Iron-Illmac....DAWG. Also, Illmac pushing Iron with little effort kinda helped set the tone as the battle started.

Top Bottom