• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
just played a guy who started going "Okay" and "Wow" since starting the game on every shot I made that apparently wasnt an insta-goal

wrote "dude can you please not be this guy, it's a minute into the game, give me a chance before just assuming idk what im doing since second 1"

dude started laughing at me yadda yadda, and here's the kicker: the other team jumped on it when he told through all chat

basically spent the rest of the game with all 3 of them (was 2v2) bullying ass and calling me fag and shit and how I sucked and there's no way I was Alpha (got the hat from playing alpha) and I was a bitch ass little nigger or whatever the fuck

I only kept talking to say that I was complaining about the community in general, and sorry for just wanting to have fun without being a dick online

Hd7Yuki.png

just the latest in a string of this happening every single day

TL;DR: The reporting system still does nothing. Do something Psyonix

That's one reason I disabled chat except for team chat. You instantly get rid of one team trash talking.

But as I said a long time back: The community on Xbox was never that toxic.

You play on PC?

Bollocks

wow, it's like a night and day difference between solo 3's and standard.
I have yet to encounter someone in standard where I said, what, this guy is challenger 2 as well? Everyone seems competent enough to the point where I feel I'm the weak link here lol.

Finally got the certified trophy, anyone else noticed that it doesn't always save the stats correctly?
I leave the game with 94 assists and the next day I start with 89, happened multiple times.

Grinchy

Banned
I really want the Frosbite and Heart trails. Meanwhile, Lightning was my first random drop haha. I've used it exclusively since it dropped, as it is still the coolest one I own! Though I may switch out for New Confetti if Heart doesn't drop anytime soon. I really just want a trail with streamers. ^^

Wow, I'd love to get one of these as a random drop. I'm still crafting away for them each time.

I'm excited to see what the new Money trail looks like because I've liked that once since launch. I hope it doesn't get worse!

TheKeyPit

Banned
I have yet to encounter someone in standard where I said, what, this guy is challenger 2 as well? Everyone seems competent enough to the point where I feel I'm the weak link here lol.

Finally got the certified trophy, anyone else noticed that it doesn't always save the stats correctly?
I leave the game with 94 assists and the next day I start with 89, happened multiple times.

Tracking these stats is broken.

^^^^ I don't equip any certified items (my car is pretty barebones) but whenever i check my inventory the numbers for them are constantly changing. Stuff I have literally never used somehow get stats assigned to them. It's wonky to say the least.

Grinchy

Banned
Tracking these stats is broken.

No wonder. It wasn't tracking any epic saves on one of my hats. I just switched over to a different one. When I checked later, it had 12 tracked.

Maybe it'll get sorted with the big update coming next month.

ChrisD

Okay, what loser ragequits a Competitive match that's 0-1 with 4:38 to go?

Thanks for ruining the game I spent four minutes in queue to get into, you *. A whole 2v3 for us because you can't deal with not getting first goal.

Being the lowest rank possible sucks because nobody has any qualms doing stuff like ragequitting.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
What do you do when your real life friend is terrible at RL? Every goal setup I make they just whiff over and over, and I can't count on them at all to center the ball. It's so frustrating since I feel like I'm just coaching them since they don't bother to play or practice on their own time. It just feels awkward to say, sorry I rather play with randoms than with you?

I've always wondered if that could be the case since solo 3's is chaos half the time. Alas I have no PC brethren who play Rocket League to actually try it. Solo is such a mess though with never knowing who you'll get, if they'll rage quit or even if they'll just inch back and forth the whole match and never actually try to play.

I've not even pushed my rank over Prospect Elite on it yet and not through a lack of ability. I just can't be fucked to try anymore with all the crap that goes on. Usually I get a couple wins then find some complete idiot who's just trying to ruin it for everyone and go back to a game mode I can quit out of when those sorts of fools show up or just play Duel.

Edit: and right on cue, 3 games in one guy lays into the other for barely missing, other guy leaves, guy continues to bitch and leaves too. Other team gloats as they win a 3v1 as I refuse to take the ban (P.S. sort that shit out Psyonix) and can't even muster up a GG at the end. This fucking community saddens me.

Okay, what loser ragequits a Competitive match that's 0-1 with 4:38 to go?

Thanks for ruining the game I spent four minutes in queue to get into, you *. A whole 2v3 for us because you can't deal with not getting first goal.

Being the lowest rank possible sucks because nobody has any qualms doing stuff like ragequitting.

Psyonix should consider two things in regards to ragequitting:

1. Make the matchmaking bans progressive. 15 mins for the first, 30 for the second, one hour for the third, and so forth. With cool downs so that it decreases or resets after a certain amount of time.

2. Disable forfeiting for the first two or three minutes. That way people are discouraged from griefing their teammates to get them to forfeit, at least for the first half of the match when there's usually still a chance to win.

Edit: and right on cue, 3 games in one guy lays into the other for barely missing, other guy leaves, guy continues to bitch and leaves too. Other team gloats as they win a 3v1 as I refuse to take the ban (P.S. sort that shit out Psyonix) and can't even muster up a GG at the end. This fucking community saddens me.

If you are referring to the matchmaking ban, that only applies to the first person to leave (if there's no forfeit). If someone leaves your game, you are free to leave without a ban.

That said, you certainly are not required to do so. Usually if its 3v1, I'll offer to play on their side if they don't quit after a while.

If you are referring to the matchmaking ban, that only applies to the first person to leave (if there's no forfeit). If someone leaves your game, you are free to leave without a ban.

That said, you certainly are not required to do so. Usually if its 3v1, I'll offer to play on their side if they don't quit after a while.

Really? Coulda sworn in the past I've left either second or last before and had a ban. I remember being kinda confused about it since the option to forfeit is taken away once one person leaves too.

ChrisD

Psyonix should consider two things in regards to ragequitting:

1. Make the matchmaking bans progressive. 15 mins for the first, 30 for the second, one hour for the third, and so forth. With cool downs so that it decreases or resets after a certain amount of time.

2. Disable forfeiting for the first two or three minutes. That way people are discouraged from griefing their teammates to get them to forfeit, at least for the first half of the match when there's usually still a chance to win.

I don't know what's in place right now, if anything at all, but I wouldn't be adverse to something like 15/15/30/60/60/60 and so on for time bans. Reset them weekly. Assuming this doesn't take too much code.

Glad I didn't have to explain why I agree with point number two. I mean, not really glad considering the matter, but... You get the point. Griefing in this game makes noooo sense.

Also, I feel the need to apologize for just being negative every time I post here. Not that I post here a lot, but I'm definitely not adding to any positive discussions. :/

Grinchy

Banned
I started playing solo standard last night for the first time ever. After a few hours I hit Challenger 2 and just didn't want to do it anymore. In my short experience, I definitely agree with those saying it's so much worse than the party standard playlist.

There's so much more shit-talking over every mistake by people who then go on to make 10 mistakes in a row. People quit if you get scored on once or twice and there's the whole game still left. No one sets anything up, everyone just ball-chases the whole game while failing to do anything productive.

You end up having to sit back at the goal, watching your 2 teammates drive within 2 inches of each other, letting the ball pop over their head, and then play goalie. And when you take possession of the ball and you're juking your way down the field, they blast over your shoulder for no reason at all to hit the ball off to the side when you're about to take a shot.

ChrisD

It's the mindset of solo players. If you can hit the ball, you must hit the ball. When you think about it, it makes sense. Most people going into 'Solo' Standard are the type of people who play alone, not in a team.

On another note, is it impressive or saddening that I had ten players on my team through the course of one game? I'm actually kind of amazed that the matchmaking threw so many people into one game in such a short amount of time.

Love it when someone scores a quick two goals then spams "What a save!" after every shot, and "Nice shot!" after every miss then we precede to win 5-2. When all of our goals are on shots that person could have saved.

So satisfying.

I started playing solo standard last night for the first time ever. After a few hours I hit Challenger 2 and just didn't want to do it anymore. In my short experience, I definitely agree with those saying it's so much worse than the party standard playlist.

Yeah, I'm in C2 working my way up after playing mostly unranked since the new season started. Waited until the ranks "settled," but I hear there's still a lot of compression in the Solo Standard playlist. It really is a sh!tshow sometimes. The worst is the constant bickering between players, especially on the same team.

I may just stop and play only Standard. I've had plenty of games with three solo-queuing players on a side (and even six solo-queuing players), and they're typically not as toxic to each other as Solo Standard. I still think it's best to just get rid of Solo Standard. The only thing I'd recommend is giving a small weighted matchmaking advantage to solo-queuers in Standard compared to parties.

It's the mindset of solo players. If you can hit the ball, you must hit the ball. When you think about it, it makes sense. Most people going into 'Solo' Standard are the type of people who play alone, not in a team.

They should rename Solo Standard as Hero Ball.

Pedersen

Scored a neat little goal yesterday https://gfycat.com/EverlastingAptBlobfish
And then this the game after https://gfycat.com/UnripeKnobbyHake

Found a guy I meshed well with in unranked which made yesterday a whole lot of fun. Also finally getting a mic tomorrow after being without the last six months, really looking forward to some well communicated plays!
I'm finding solo really bad now as well. My rank have almost not moved at all in forever and my motivation to climb is at rock bottom. Thank god doubles is there to help me through

Edit: Damn what is happening
https://gfycat.com/LimpSparseIndusriverdolphin
https://gfycat.com/AmazingJampackedElver

They should rename Solo Standard as Hero Ball.

I was so close to deleting this game earlier because of this crap. I hate that it's beginning to ruin the game for me because I LOVE the game. It's my go to now. But it really sucks playing solo. I should probably start trying to get into a team or something soon because I genuinely think this is going to just ruin the whole thing for me. The last few days have been nothing but headaches and stress with very little fun happening.

Damn, just went on a good winstreak while listening to THIS in the background. Just felt pumped up throughout matches, as opposed to the usual.

Recommended.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Love it when someone scores a quick two goals then spams "What a save!" after every shot, and "Nice shot!" after every miss then we precede to win 5-2. When all of our goals are on shots that person could have saved.

So satisfying.

Some people just like to spam chat. If they were in a party they might have been joking around with their team mates. I know my friends and I like to act like idiots sometimes, win or lose. It's just part of the fun :)

Scored a neat little goal yesterday https://gfycat.com/EverlastingAptBlobfish
And then this the game after https://gfycat.com/UnripeKnobbyHake

Found a guy I meshed well with in unranked which made yesterday a whole lot of fun. Also finally getting a mic tomorrow after being without the last six months, really looking forward to some well communicated plays!
I'm finding solo really bad now as well. My rank have almost not moved at all in forever and my motivation to climb is at rock bottom. Thank god doubles is there to help me through

Edit: Damn what is happening
https://gfycat.com/LimpSparseIndusriverdolphin
https://gfycat.com/AmazingJampackedElver

Crumbs. This all makes me want to practice flying. They way you flip the car to use the topside is very pro.

Team names and colors in Private matches.

Blog

Our FREE Rumble Update is right around the corner! In addition to a carload of fresh Painted Items, updates to classic Rocket Trails, and new ScrewAttack and Penny Arcade items, we’re also implementing changes to Private Match customization.

When spinning up a Private Match with friends and teammates, you’ll soon be able to add custom Team Names as well. These names will appear on the scoreboard whenever a goal is scored, and all players in the match will be able to see them.

Along with custom Team Names, Private Matches will also support Team Color selection. That means that teams will be assigned any of the normal Primary and Secondary colors and that Stadium hues will change based on your selections. One thing to note, however, is that for gameplay reasons, you won’t be able to change a car’s primary color to white or black — just secondaries. They’ll still look pretty cool, though!

ChrisD

Is there ever a point where ragequitting stops? Do I just have to climb ranks and at some point everyone magically stops leaving when anything goes wrong? I can't play Unranked or Ranked without a load of babies quitting out at first goal against us (And I don't even mean first goal of the game, we can even be ahead!). It ruins the entire game, but I (unfortunately) have more morals than them and don't leave out because I'm not a * who's going to stick someone else with my place. This ALSO loops right back around into the issue of joining lost games, as it's ragequitters causing those in the first place!

Repeating myself here, I'm pretty sure, but I was having a good bit of fun with the game after picking it back up. But I'm just about fed up to the point of dropping the game again. I'm sick and tired of every game I'm in having three bots minimum.

Why are they even playing? What's the freaking point?

Sorry for venting here, but holy * I just spent twenty minutes playing and had eighteen bots between three games. It's just not even fun. Not being a reportable offense in any measure, and not being able to do something equal to muting this childish behavior like I did with the toxic talk leaves me feeling like I'm just wasting time.

Flarin

I've been having these annoying problems for months and can't seem to resolve them. Any help would be appreciated:

- Every time I log in it tells me which items I've won (it's always the same items)
- If I start a season mode it won't save it (even when I do it manually) for the next time I log in
- If I customize my car it won't save that loadout when I boot up the game the next time. Reverts to the previous loadout I had.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the game but the issues remain.
I also posted this on the Psyonix forums, but no replies yet.

Ok that is a really awesome detail. Probably wouldn't have spotted that for a good few months as well.

If this thread is anything to go by them releasing RL stress balls was genius.

I really need one. That said, I only just worked out the other day that standard ranked isn't just a place for teams and I've been having fun with it again. It really just seems to be solo standard that's the source of all my RL anger. Doubt I'm ever heading back into that mode now.

Grinchy

Banned
I had one of those nights where I just couldn't make anything happen. We did get to play against some of the RL employees, though. That was fun.

Dominator

As a player who plays 80% solo matches 1v1, when I play with my friends it takes me a game or two to get back into the team mindset. At the start I'm just 100% chasing the ball at all time to the detriment of the team, but I get used to the change fairly quickly and begin playing solid defense and setting up shots.

I still love 1v1 though lol

Playing a ranked game last night and I got a fortunate goal in the first 10 seconds. A guy on the other team says, "fine, might as well" and they forfeit, lol. He goes on to say that his teammate asked for a forfeit after the goal and he doesn't like playing with people like that so he gave him what he wanted. Don't blame him, haha. Worked out well for me.

Top Bottom