• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Morty is out (Mobile/pokemon-like)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Glitches in the Android version?

Get your shit together. Get it all together and put it a backpack. All your shit, so it’s together. And if you have to take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know? Take it to the shit store and sell it or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.

Get your shit together.

I'd rather play Roy or wait for Roy 2: Dave
will that be coming out for Rift :p

will give this a download later
Cronenberg Morty is best morty

SuperPac

Glitches in the Android version?

Get your shit together. Get it all together and put it a backpack. All your shit, so it’s together. And if you have to take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know? Take it to the shit store and sell it or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.

Get your shit together.

What glitches are you referring to? PM me your OS/device info and I can try and help. We tested it pretty thoroughly but of course with Android there are a lot of variants and devices out there that we can't always account for. :'(

So, this game is Pokemon like and has a campaign I imagine? If so, how long is it?

The F2P thing worries me, and I normally hate mobile games.

Rip

There's a phone I could download this on, but its from work and I'd rather avoid that conversation with the boss lol

"Jim what the hell is this? IT says you downloaded Pocket Mortys"

"Frank I swear there's a good explanation."

"Oh I better hope so Jim. You punk ass bitch, you think you train b-b-b-etter MORTYS THAN ME?!"

"Frank. I train Mortys b- *burps* better than I fuck your mom son!"

"'I'm gonna rickity rickity wrek you boy!"

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What glitches are you referring to? PM me your OS/device info and I can try and help. We tested it pretty thoroughly but of course with Android there are a lot of variants and devices out there that we can't always account for. :'(

I haven't even gotten to play it yet, I was just referring to the tutorial issues others were mentioning.

SuperPac

I haven't even gotten to play it yet, I was just referring to the tutorial issues others were mentioning.

Oh!

Android users in this thread - PM me your device info if you're having trouble. There's currently an issue where the game freezes on devices with Intel Atom chips (we're working on a fix) and there are some old versions of various Android mods that don't like the game.

BUT - it's not broken/glitched on Android in general. :D

Oh!

Android users in this thread - PM me your device info if you're having trouble. There's currently an issue where the game freezes on devices with Intel Atom chips (we're working on a fix) and there are some old versions of various Android mods that don't like the game.

BUT - it's not broken/glitched on Android in general. :D

If the issue arises again I'll send a PM. but it only froze and crashed once early on in my Galaxy S6, hasn't occurred again.

Having a single spot to tap to advance text is really really bad.

Like I'll probably drop this after 5 minutes it's that bad of a UI choice.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wow, it's really smooth and pretty for a free mobile game.

I'm less than 10 minutes in, though, and the dialog's already had 3 glaring spelling/grammar mistakes, so that's weird.

"He came from behind and almost has us."
"Your right, Morty." (Should be "you're")
I forget the other one.

Kerning and punctuation are all over the place, too.

These things matter, devs!

Got two badges already, and so far it's been pretty enjoyable. Got a Triple Morty from my free coupon. Also encountered a Rick who said that he wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Blues1990

I have a sneaking suspicion that the guys who head-run this show are huge fans for all things Nintendo, what with the Nintendo 3DS investment gag & whatnot.

9Ojlynp.jpg

Party so far. Regular, Scruffy, Beard, Cyclops, and Cowboy Morty's. Grabbed 5 tickets with Google Survey Rewards and ended getting more tickets in the process. Game is great so far

GeeTeeCee

I don't know if it's just me being dumb, but I can't see an actual way to close the game. My back button just brings up the menu, so I have to suspend the app and force close it. Also not sure if saving is an automatic thing or manual.

I do appreciate Get Schwifty and Head Bent Over appearing as background music.

I don't know if it's just me being dumb, but I can't see an actual way to close the game. My back button just brings up the menu, so I have to suspend the app and force close it. Also not sure if saving is an automatic thing or manual.

same question.

I wish you could buy the chips from the beginning, I've seen a couple of wild Mortys I couldn't catch, and now I don't know if I'll be able to get them later or not.

SuperPac

On Android we're working on a fix for that - adding a "Quit" button to the MortyPad. The update is in testing, but you should be able to suspend/force close as an alternative if you want.

GeeTeeCee

On Android we're working on a fix for that - adding a "Quit" button to the MortyPad. The update is in testing, but you should be able to suspend/force close as an alternative if you want.

Great, thanks for the info. It's the most entertaining mobile game I've played in a long time.

Dicer

Banned
Played until they sent me
to the portal after taking my gun

No issues, looks and playes great

LG G3 Cyangenmod nightly Marshmallow

Top Bottom