• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ryune buff announced:

Added SBR
-1 CD on active
+200 ATK, 70rcv

Leader skill buffed to add 2.5x for water on turn skill is used.

And the crowd goes mild.
This could make her a decent leader when paired with Revo Lakshmi.

2/25/2 normally and 2/62.5/2 on the turn a skill is used. Throw in some Sumires for more haste and the skill activation requirement shouldn't be too bad. Plus 25x can still produce some decent hits.

Bladelaw

I saw this Yomi Dragon arena 1 farm team on Reddit.

https://youtu.be/A-iYVjl788k

Holy shit lol.

I'm sticking with my NY Spica system. I will say Napoleon on Tsubaki is a brilliant pick. With all the enhanced orbs it'd be stunning if you didn't get a fire sparkle then the shield saves you from DQ hera.

The only thing more surprising was the 1c one hit kill on Lkali. I could put this team together once I get Hera dragon, Fujin, and they release ult yomi dragon though... and you can skip fujin if you don't mind a time loss on parvati and an auto lose on sopdet.

b33r

2/25/2 normally and 2/62.5/2 on the turn a skill is used. Throw in some Sumires for more haste and the skill activation requirement shouldn't be too bad. Plus 25x can still produce some decent hits.

I saw someone talking about Meri pairing with Ryune. 2/62.5/2.5 with arguably the best damage control in the game. That's a hell of a tank team and you can get 25x without an active for 8 heart orbs. I'd like to try it, but there is no Ryunes on my friends list in JP. Maybe that will change with the buff.

I'm sticking with my NY Spica system. I will say Napoleon on Tsubaki is a brilliant pick. With all the enhanced orbs it'd be stunning if you didn't get a fire sparkle then the shield saves you from DQ hera.

The only thing more surprising was the 1c one hit kill on Lkali. I could put this team together once I get Hera dragon, Fujin, and they release ult yomi dragon though... and you can skip fujin if you don't mind a time loss on parvati and an auto lose on sopdet.

I don't have either of those teams, but I do want to get me a Hera Dragon for when she comes here.

J0dy77

I saw this Yomi Dragon arena 1 farm team on Reddit.

https://youtu.be/A-iYVjl788k

Holy shit lol.

Saw that this morning also... crazy. Took me a few seconds to understand how Kali was getting one shot by just 5 orbs and then I realized the killer awakenings and type weakness. I guess he just matches light if he hits dark kali.

Good points. I'm in love with the Yomomoto/Minerva combination. When you're stacking a ton of rows you really dont need an insane multiplier.

W-00

I'm rather pleased with the Ryune buff. Giving her an SBR will provide a lot more flexibility in team-building with her. It would have been nice if she'd at least gotten regular-bind resistance, but there's still room for improvement when she gets an ult.

My alt hit 200 days today, so that's another 10 stones. Or, as I prefer to think of them, another pull on the Heroine REM.

Saw that this morning also... crazy. Took me a few seconds to understand how Kali was getting one shot by just 5 orbs and then I realized the killer awakenings and type weakness. I guess he just matches light if he hits dark kali.
Well there's also the Carat buff that carried over from the last floor

jiggle

Unlimited tamadra is tiring
But the satisfaction from the thought of full box of max level/awakening cards is pushing me through
Now they just need to give out unlimited latent next...

I hope we don't have to wait for 5th anniversary to get these in NA :/

J0dy77

Unlimited tamadra is tiring
But the satisfaction from the thought of full box of max level/awakening cards is pushing me through
Now they just need to give out unlimited latent next...

I hope we don't have to wait for 5th anniversary to get these in NA :/

I needed this really badly on JP. Been running it when I have the stamina and abusing the exp bonus for extra levels. The 5 coin dungeons also gave me the chance to clear Myr and start working on that team. My Myr team on JP is going to be much better due to better sub pool, mainly saria and apocalypse.

Bladelaw

The stone-pocalypse may be upon us.

Datamining indicates the heroine REM is starting 2/6 and running through 2/19. Here's hoping everyone gets what they need. I could use Meri to justify my 4 Toshiros anything else will be a welcome addition.

I ran Minerva Cheese against arena 2 and smoked it. Grisar is actually one of the most annoying fights in Arena for this team. Flooding the board with poison is manageable with RGY or a full board change but you're screwed if Beelzebub shows up and you didn't find a place to stall. The option to kill quickly is there but you need to blow some burst to get the job done which can add risk to the later floors if stalling isn't an option.

Tonight I plan on finally taking on Arena 3 with it. I'm worried about getting skills up in time. I feel like I should at least max skill Lifive so I can haste up Charité ASAP. I've had poor luck stalling on the first couple floors in A2 so I'm not super confident I can pull it off in A3. The funny part is if I get Hera Dragon and she drops I'm done with A3. I'll keep the team around to handle some annoying dungeons (Yamato rush especially) but this team was built for the explicit purpose of getting me Hera Dragon.

Datamining indicates the heroine REM is starting 2/6 and running through 2/19. Here's hoping everyone gets what they need. I could use Meri to justify my 4 Toshiros anything else will be a welcome addition.

I ran Minerva Cheese against arena 2 and smoked it. Grisar is actually one of the most annoying fights in Arena for this team. Flooding the board with poison is manageable with RGY or a full board change but you're screwed if Beelzebub shows up and you didn't find a place to stall. The option to kill quickly is there but you need to blow some burst to get the job done which can add risk to the later floors if stalling isn't an option.

Tonight I plan on finally taking on Arena 3 with it. I'm worried about getting skills up in time. I feel like I should at least max skill Lifive so I can haste up Charité ASAP. I've had poor luck stalling on the first couple floors in A2 so I'm not super confident I can pull it off in A3. The funny part is if I get Hera Dragon and she drops I'm done with A3. I'll keep the team around to handle some annoying dungeons (Yamato rush especially) but this team was built for the explicit purpose of getting me Hera Dragon.

Let us know how A3 goes. I'm interested in the Minerva cheese team but haven't committed to it and I still kinda want to save MP for DAthena (even though I'll never afford her at this rate). I think I can co-op Myr for A3, but having a solo team on my main that I could fuck with at work would be nice.

Kreed

Decided to give the New Year's Gacha a shot and got the New Year's Kanna. She seems good/I see a lot of comments about her but what are most people using her for? Leader? Myr sub? Assist?

Decided to give the New Year's Gacha a shot and got the New Year's Kanna. She seems good/I see a lot of comments about her but what are most people using her for? Leader? Myr sub? Assist?

RaDra sub is where she's most used. And TPA Myr teams. Congrats, she's pretty rad.

Bladelaw

Let us know how A3 goes. I'm interested in the Minerva cheese team but haven't committed to it and I still kinda want to save MP for DAthena (even though I'll never afford her at this rate). I think I can co-op Myr for A3, but having a solo team on my main that I could fuck with at work would be nice.
Will do, I expect it to take about an hour to clear just because I'm unfamiliar with the spawns and want to play cautiously at least until the Radar Dragon. if it's not Hera than I'm not going to worry about failing.

Sodium levels rising....

This is regular Kanna so your damage is going to be even better but she is good for casually vomiting out damage with very little effort
CyDftVuXAAAW32k.jpg:large

b33r

A3 is also good for farming killer latents now. Just be aware that they skill delay and hit like a truck.

Ducarmel

Crows collab is getting crowded.

Defense break awakening is new right? Match all colors eenemy defence reduced by 50%.

I guess we know what to expect on the eventual Kirin reincarnation "sheild awakening".

Aesnath

Rolled four times on Godfest...it went bad.

1. Beast Rider (Ugh, I never get a rider I can use)
2. Berzerker Z (so, like Ares, except worse in every possible way, and I still have to pii him)
3. Water Wizard Sharon (Crap!)
4. Cinderella (CRAP!!!)

So, really, really bad rolls. Oh well, what are you going to do?

Well, with heroine on the horizon, I have to figure out what I am willing to spend to roll. I mean, 10 stones is a lot, and I'm just not sure of the benefit for my current teams. Sure they are going to get an evo soon, but that is just another gamble. Sure Ilmina would be pretty cool for minerva, but the odds are really, really bad. There are a few other red cards that seem ok-to-good, but nothing that seems like it will bring a real step-up for me. Moreover, most of them have OK leader skills. I am not particularly interested in Meri, as you seem to need very specific units and I'm not there at all.

I will still make some rolls, but my typically $20 will only result in 3 rolls, which feels disappointing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got so much box spaces filled with latent tamadras and I don't know what to do with them. I feel like I don't ever want to use resist ones unless I have a full set of them and I never ever get green ones, so I got 2-4 of each of the other colors taking up space.

Did they push the update where you can assign which ones you want to replace now? If so I might just start throwing them on my team willy nilly to clear up the box and then worry about actual needs later.

W-00

So the Heroines will finally get here next week... And our event ends on the same day their ults are revealed in Japan. That's sooner than I'd hoped (I'd been expecting our event to happen after the reveal), but Reddit pointed out something that I hadn't considered: The update to the Heroines might not just include the ults, but new cards in the Heroine REM as well. That would be a bitter pill to swallow - to roll enough to get most of what is in the HREM and then for some new, awesome, rare cards to get added in and come to realize that you may have been better off waiting.

Still going to roll everything I can. I haven't spent stones on rolls since Bleach (and that was only two rolls), and I am getting mighty bored with saving stones.

3. Water Wizard Sharon (Crap!)

I am not particularly interested in Meri, as you seem to need very specific units and I'm not there at all.

Sharon is actually a good sub for Meri. Not for the simple ALB-style farming, but for actual use in an arena-tackling team.

Bladelaw

Got so much box spaces filled with latent tamadras and I don't know what to do with them. I feel like I don't ever want to use resist ones unless I have a full set of them and I never ever get green ones, so I got 2-4 of each of the other colors taking up space.

Did they push the update where you can assign which ones you want to replace now? If so I might just start throwing them on my team willy nilly to clear up the box and then worry about actual needs later.

Uses for resist latents:
Rainbow: not dying to 100% gravities
Fire: Minerva cheese team, Shiva protection in A2/3
Wood: Himalayan anger, Vishnu protection
Water: Hera-Is 100% gravityhaving trouble thinking of other water specific threats, maybe Alfecca or Ilsix?
Light: Latents in A3, LKali, Zera before they're dark
Dark: DQ Hera, DKali, Grisar's gravity (less to heal back)

And yes they did push the update for "choose which latent to replace". Personally if you didn't have a particular goal in mind I'd slap rainbows on your unbindable cards and load up on dark resists where you think is necessary.

Kreed

RaDra sub is where she's most used. And TPA Myr teams. Congrats, she's pretty rad.

This is regular Kanna so your damage is going to be even better but she is good for casually vomiting out damage with very little effort

I don't have RaDra, so I'll focus on making her a Myr sub. I have Thor assist on Myr right now so I'll definitely drop that once Kanna is ready (probably Saria or Orochi assist in place of Thor).

Aesnath

So the Heroines will finally get here next week... And our event ends on the same day their ults are revealed in Japan. That's sooner than I'd hoped (I'd been expecting our event to happen after the reveal), but Reddit pointed out something that I hadn't considered: The update to the Heroines might not just include the ults, but new cards in the Heroine REM as well. That would be a bitter pill to swallow - to roll enough to get most of what is in the HREM and then for some new, awesome, rare cards to get added in and come to realize that you may have been better off waiting.

Still going to roll everything I can. I haven't spent stones on rolls since Bleach (and that was only two rolls), and I am getting mighty bored with saving stones.

Sharon is actually a good sub for Meri. Not for the simple ALB-style farming, but for actual use in an arena-tackling team.

Well, I guess that is a start if I roll a highly desired 6*! Actually, if a roll a 6*, it'll probably be Navi, who is, at present, less useful to me than her 4* summer counterpart.

Looking at my box again, I could probably do something with Meri, I have a lot of OK-ish blue people (Summer Urd, Y'sholta, Summer Meimi, Halloween Karin, Scheat (good for inherit, anyway), Gabriel, Sitri). Not a lot of rows though and you seem like you need quite a bit of SBR and a bind healer (probably beach metatron all things considered, I guess). I'm just not sure how much value I'd get out of the team. Well, if it comes to that, it will be a good problem to have.

b33r

Meri has 5 rows, paired with another that's 10. You are better off using orb enhance subs at that point. She does need someone that has 2 sbr on her team like Alrescha or Andromeda, but other than that just stack blue orb makers.

I'm crying.... I'm shaking.....

now watch as she doesn't come here until mid-2018

...whatever I'll prepare Ryune/Blonia/Haku/A.Persephone anyway

edit: WAIT the +egg PEM is coming back too, save your Pal Points

W-00

Oh wow... Wow... This is... stunning. We're actually not getting that left out.

I had been planning on saving MP for BMyr, but it seems that I'm not a big fan of Myr's playstyle, and the free MP makes buying DAthena a very real possibility for me. A. Haku, A. Persephone, Ryune, and... those are my best D/B and B/D monsters, so D/R Haku?

EDIT: Oh, Durga? I have Durga, too! I just don't have her evolved. This is gonna be good.

jiggle

I'm impressed
That means 0stamina dungeon and 5coins dungeon are not out of the question
Excited

Edit: oh wait 0 stamina confirmed. Fuck Ya

also 5x skillup bonus lol

they should just do a once weekly tan dungeon and get it over with honestly, skillups are better but still annoying

2x EXP Experience of a Lifetime dungeon, too, I wish I had Ganesha more than ever :(

So glad the free MP is coming. I think if I farm about 100,000 before DAthena gets here I'll be set on both accounts without any painful selling. Plenty of time to get there.

NA server stepping their game up.

J0dy77

D Athena
Haku
Haku
Pers
Durga

This might be the first time I have a dream team and it's the the team I've always wanted. Dark TPA. Also have Ryune, Lumiel etc.

That's the really nice thing with D. Athena, she's extremely easy to build around. The one thing I'd say from experience playing her on JP, you want to find ways to create hearts and deal with bind which are the biggest issues for the team. I've found myself in a lot of bad situations where I tank a hit and then cant heal back up because I dont have any hearts or ways to create them. I'd run a Pandora over the second Haku or even something as basic as sleeping beauty to cover the 2 weaknesses.

I'm debating what to inherit on my D. Athena in JP... I have Blonia ready to go but I'm leaning towards Kirin inherit for the bind clear.

Bladelaw

MP HYPE!!!!

Follow up on A3 Minerva:
3 runs, all unsuccessful. Lifive NEEDS to be max skilled to charge up Charité.

Unless you get a favorable floor 1/2 spawn there's just no way to get the engine going in time.

Run 1: failed due to skyfall killing Kaguya-Hime before Charité was up, tans wrecked me.
Run 2: Failed due to fucking up on Lakshmi. It was late I was tired and missed the blind phase
Run 3: Dead on Light Izanami trying to stall up Charité. Skyfalled into blue and it was GG at that point. Having a max skilled Lifive would have saved me here.

I'll be max skilling Lifive before giving it another go. Also I need more RGY inherits on Minerva. It's a pain in the ass to find them via randoms. I'll put out a call on reddit and hopefully get some responses. If I can nail the consistency I may BFF someone doing this.

b33r

Hmm, I'll be pretty close to dark Athena with that free mp. I'm not sure I should buy her since I have Aizen. What can she do better?

Gungho starting to bring out the big guns to keep us away from FE Heroes I see!

Exactly what I was thinking. (And it'll probably work on me. FEH seems a bit shallow from what I've played so far.)

I'm starting to seriously consider rolling for Ilmina. I mean, I'm already planning on going after Meri and Elgenubi, and Ilmina will probably be great for future ranking dungeons to help with the Ilm lottery. Maybe I'll roll one along the way...
Somebody send help

Hmm, I'll be pretty close to dark Athena with that free mp. I'm not sure I should buy her since I have Aizen. What can she do better?

I hear she handles damage control better, and seems better at farming A3. Seems awesome but I don't run Aizen so I can't compare. What's really making me hyped for DAthena is that I can run it on both accounts, where as I've mostly been running Myr. It's an endgame team but DAthena seems faster and easier for most stuff.

Aesnath

Well, that all sounds nice. Not sure exactly what I will buy at this point, but it is nice to have options. After all is said and done, I'll be at about 500k mp. D. Athena seems really cool (if she ever gets here), but I still think she is a risky lead without a viable dual SBR unit (which I don't have). On the other hand, there is that whole blue puppet thing--it still seems like it would be helpful some of the time. Or, Yomi dragon, who is an OK lead possibly and a solid gremory sub (but my team is kinda full up).

Or like something else. The noble ones all seem like disappointing leads, while Ra Dragon seems like he needs some specific friends to really work. Neptune dragon needs like a million water orbs to work and odin dragon is just...confusing. Shiva dragon seems easy to use but underwhelming.

MP HYPE!!!!

Follow up on A3 Minerva:

Unless you get a favorable floor 1/2 spawn there's just no way to get the engine going in time.

Run 1: failed due to skyfall killing Kaguya-Hime before Charité was up, tans wrecked me.
Run 2: Failed due to fucking up on Lakshmi. It was late I was tired and missed the blind phase
Run 3: Dead on Light Izanami trying to stall up Charité. Skyfalled into blue and it was GG at that point. Having a max skilled Lifive would have saved me here.

I'll be max skilling Lifive before giving it another go. Also I need more RGY inherits on Minerva. It's a pain in the ass to find them via randoms. I'll put out a call on reddit and hopefully get some responses. If I can nail the consistency I may BFF someone doing this.
I'll commit to keeping her in a friend slot for as long as you need if you go this route.

I'm sitting on about 300k MP now and could probably make up the difference by selling some trash and dupes once the gift hits. The thing I'm worried about is that GungHo will pull some bullshit and she will get power creeped out too soon. If I already have end game leaders like Krishna, Revo Minerva, Revo Lakshmi, Myr, Ronove(missing ideal subs though), would I still benefit from getting her?

J0dy77

I love D. Athena's skill so I just inherited a long skill (Azazel) to help with skill delays.

I do as well but having 2 can be overkill. I often find myself on a boss floor with both leader actives up and I cant even use it because of shield. Having your friend run one is usually enough.

Gungho starting to bring out the big guns to keep us away from FE Heroes I see!

Yup, had the same thought.

I'll commit to keeping her in a friend slot for as long as you need if you go this route.

I'm sitting on about 300k MP now and could probably make up the difference by selling some trash and dupes once the gift hits. The thing I'm worried about is that GungHo will pull some bullshit and she will get power creeped out too soon. If I already have end game leaders like Krishna, Revo Minerva, Revo Lakshmi, Myr, Ronove(missing ideal subs though), would I still benefit from getting her?

MP is becoming easier and easier to obtain. Even if she gets pushed out I don't think you're going to have regret buying her since you can replenish MP so quickly. The JP event going on right now is giving 5555MP every day along with a Tamadra.

And even if she gets bumped from the lead tier list she's going to be a solid sub with strong awakenings, huge weighted stats and very good active skill.

Jagernaut

I'm sitting on 660k mp now after buying Yomi Dragon and You Yu. I'm debating buying Dark Athena but not sure if it's worth the high mp cost vs just running ultimate Yomidra (when we get the evo).

hermit7

MP HYPE!!!!

Follow up on A3 Minerva:

I have one max skilled and hypered. Might need some more XP but I can throw RGY on him and throw him in my bf slot.

I'm sitting on 660k mp now after buying Yomi Dragon and You Yu. I'm debating buying Dark Athena but not sure if it's worth the high mp cost vs just running ultimate Yomidra (when we get the evo).
Most my ult Yomi friends switched to DAth lol

The game8 template team has (non-uvo) Orochi on one DAth and Ryune on the other fwiw

Top Bottom