• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I'll commit to keeping her in a friend slot for as long as you need if you go this route.

I'm sitting on about 300k MP now and could probably make up the difference by selling some trash and dupes once the gift hits. The thing I'm worried about is that GungHo will pull some bullshit and she will get power creeped out too soon. If I already have end game leaders like Krishna, Revo Minerva, Revo Lakshmi, Myr, Ronove(missing ideal subs though), would I still benefit from getting her?

I might take you up on that. I just want to make sure I can consistently clear first. I need a better plan for the first couple floors beyond "get lucky"

I'm also planning on max skilling a Ras today if anyone's interested.

Teams:
P1: ALB(true damage), Dios, Dios, Dios, Dios
P2: ALB(Australis), Tengu (Carat), Spica, G/G Astaroth, Avalon Drake

Strategy:

F1: P1 Australis + ALB(ra) match
F2: P2: G/G Asty Match Row (with 8+ connected orbs) and extra combos
F3: P1 Dios Swipe
F4: P2 0c > P1 Dios Swipe
F5: P2 Carat + Drake Match
F6: P1 Dios
F7: P2 Pass > P1 Dios Swipe

I think with Carat's buff a Dios board kills Grodin through his shield (need to do some math to confirm). You eat the 99% gravity so when Ras lead swaps in a Dios you still have full multiplier (barring some absurd orb trolling). I can bring P1 or 2 if anyone's interested in trying this out. We can do an endless run first to snapshot Carat's damage to confirm we can break Grodin.

His HP is 981,8865 with 150,000 def so you need to hit 49,244,325 damage to kill. Which is under 10 million a sub. With a Dios board and Carat active I believe this is a kill.

I'm not sure how enemy defense works when the enemy has a shield up though.

MP is becoming easier and easier to obtain. Even if she gets pushed out I don't think you're going to have regret buying her since you can replenish MP so quickly. The JP event going on right now is giving 5555MP every day along with a Tamadra.

And even if she gets bumped from the lead tier list she's going to be a solid sub with strong awakenings, huge weighted stats and very good active skill.
Thanks, good points. I've always had a problem with hoarding stuff in games since forever and PAD is no exception. Time to break away from habit whenever she gets here. :D

Sad part is that my alt will be like 450k short and it sure would be sweet to have her on both.

3k ATK (with +297) and 3 TPAs is nuts and her active is great so she'll probably fit on plenty of teams in the future.

We still don't have RaDra ult though so I'm not so sure she's on the horizon...

W-00

What's a good cheese team for Hanuman Descended? I've heard Awoken Ama as the lead but what are good subs for this particular dungeon?

Ideally, you'd want Raphael, light Valkyrie (preferably AnaValk), a damage enhancer (such as Arcline), and a delay (such as Xmas Archangel, though hopefully you won't need the delay). With A. Ama, you're stalling your way through the damage absorb (so I hope you have some time). Once that's over, you can try whittling him down a bit more if you want, or you can risk it all and pop your damage enhance, Raphael, and Valkyrie. If that isn't enough to kill him (and instead gets him into his rage zone) you still have Raphael's two-turn damage null, and if that isn't enough time to finish him, use the delay.

If your spike doesn't even get him into his rage zone, then you can just stall until your skills are back up.

That's the really nice thing with D. Athena, she's extremely easy to build around. The one thing I'd say from experience playing her on JP, you want to find ways to create hearts and deal with bind which are the biggest issues for the team. I've found myself in a lot of bad situations where I tank a hit and then cant heal back up because I dont have any hearts or ways to create them. I'd run a Pandora over the second Haku or even something as basic as sleeping beauty to cover the 2 weaknesses.

I'm debating what to inherit on my D. Athena in JP... I have Blonia ready to go but I'm leaning towards Kirin inherit for the bind clear.

I was thinking about that. Also have a Yomi Dragon for hearts if that's an option. Typically I never use dupes I was just kind of impressed I Had a game 8 team for once.

Ideally, you'd want Raphael, light Valkyrie (preferably AnaValk), a damage enhancer (such as Arcline), and a delay (such as Xmas Archangel, though hopefully you won't need the delay). With A. Ama, you're stalling your way through the damage absorb (so I hope you have some time). Once that's over, you can try whittling him down a bit more if you want, or you can risk it all and pop your damage enhance, Raphael, and Valkyrie. If that isn't enough to kill him (and instead gets him into his rage zone) you still have Raphael's two-turn damage null, and if that isn't enough time to finish him, use the delay.

If your spike doesn't even get him into his rage zone, then you can just stall until your skills are back up.

Appreciate it. Only sub I have from above is Ana Valk and Xmas Archangel. I mainly run Blonia or Sarasvati teams and have 0 luck getting by him. I thought maybe I would have an AAma team but I have no damage enhance. I wish PADListener was still a thing so I could efficiently post my box. I have two Indras and really need Hanuman! :/

W-00

Appreciate it. Only sub I have from above is Ana Valk and Xmas Archangel. I mainly run Blonia or Sarasvati teams and have 0 luck getting by him. I thought maybe I would have an AAma team but I have no damage enhance. I wish PADListener was still a thing so I could efficiently post my box. I have two Indras and really need Hanuman! :/

Well, like I said, that's the ideal A. Ama Hanuman team. You don't need the ideal team to beat him (I didn't have it when I did it). If you have other light/heart orb generators (such as Sun Wukong or DQXQ), they can also be combined with AnaValk for a decent burst board. You just won't have the safety of Raphael's shield, so you'll probably want to get him below 50% and use your delay before blasting him.

I should also note that I haven't taken Hanuman on since AnaValk came out, so I haven't used her enhanced orbs against him.

b33r

After reading a bunch about dark Athena, I have decided against getting her. If I didn't have Aizen I most certainly would though. I'll save the mp for future cards.

It's still enticing, but that mp will be more valuable down the line for my box.

Quantum

- happy that we are getting the bonuses that were given to the JPN server, so confused as to why there isn't better communication from the US side of gungho.

- I guess the stream team is pushing let it die (which I still have to try)

theory question - is it worth it to make a Ganesha Legendary earth team for the week of zero stamina normal dungeons?

reasoning: good exp farm, good rank farming.

currently my monday ganesha/bezual team finally works 100% so I can rank up without running out of stamina, but I am lazy (rank 540 on main, 399 on alt as of typing)

after watching a few videos I stumbled on:

Ganesha/Tengu/Tengu/Tengu/Tsubaki/Ganesha
inherits appear to be (none/balboa/durga/urd/ares/none)

can conceivably run it 60 times an hour which would be about 3.4 mil rank exp, (??) mil coins and a minimum of 9 mil mob leveling exp an hour.

might be worth making the team.

- think the coin number is way off (video had 800k (48 mil/hour)due to gold dragons so the coin number guestimate will change)

You can try building a Ganesh team for Legendary Earth but I think like all but the super hardcore grinders died of boredom after like a day of free stamina

b33r

And legendary earth is easy enough for veteran players. I used it to level up a few cards and cap off a couple levels in JP. My JP account is whatever, fun account. In NA I will probably take advantage of free dungeons.

smbu2000

Oh, the Ryune buff is up on JP. I thought her skill CD would just be changed from 15/10 (start/max), but the starting CD stayed the same and the max was increased (15/9). I guess I have to use a py on her.

Before the last GF ended I was able to pull Balboa on my main. Seems like a pretty useful 5* GFE. I uevo'd him to the unbindable dragon/machine/god version and just need to skill him up to hyper him. God typing makes him usable on my RaDra team.

Decided to max skill my Khepri. Been doing well so far and only need a bit more on my main(currently at 14 of 16) and a little more on my sub (at 10 now).

BTW if anybody on JP is doing those daily MP/555,555 coin dungeons that we are getting this month, it is useful to run Ganesha/Ganesha on them if you have him. Very easy 2.2 million coins if you have Ganesha (or 1.1 million if only one leader is Ganesha). The Ganesha on my main isn't hyper or anything, but I wouldn't mind throwing him up as my 2nd team (BF) lead. I think I am BFs with most people here who play on JP. (I currently have R.Minerva there.)

edit: Max skilled Khepri on both of my accounts, yay.

Yay, finally beat Zeus and Hera! I'll probably get Myr two years from now.

ReMinerva and Ilm is a great pairing. I've been working on plussing my Blonia and Sarasvati subs, I should probably focus on my Minerva subs.

Any tips on ideal subs? I run Tsubaki (non killer), Gadius, Awoken Leilan and Row Sanada.

And, on another note, I am so close to Awoken Vritra. What are good subs to run with him?

Ducarmel

Put in Laila she gives you one more sbr awakening to be 100% immune to skill bind.

edit:Dios secrete skyfall heart match leader skill is really annoying.

raiot

Hey bladelaw, i saw you searching for Minerva friends. I just moved her to Slot 1 and added you, if you accept i will BF you, i gor my Slot Open for a while now. Just promise me you to Not stop playing the next few months :)

Bladelaw

Hey bladelaw, i saw you searching for Minerva friends. I just moved her to Slot 1 and added you, if you accept i will BF you, i gor my Slot Open for a while now. Just promise me you to Not stop playing the next few months :)
Accepted.
I'm entirely too invested to stop lol. I've been farming El Dorado skill ups all day. Still need 15 more and 30 red tans to be done.

Edit: first arena 3 clear. Balance killer and Gaia Dragon spawns. Spoilers it takes forever to kill Gaia dragon with this team.

b33r

Grats, I still need to beat arena 3. Been trying it here and there with Aizen, boy do I hate Vishnu.

Edit: I kind of hope I pull a Barbara from the heroine rem. 4/49/4 is basically a heart cross lead without having to make the cross. I only have 1 castor and 2 eschas for dark machine type though. Would have to do off color like Pollux, or off type, maybe Satsuki or Yomi Dragon since they are still Dragon at least.

Seems like it would bee a fun team to play. Also can probably farm machine Athena, which could end up being the final sub for this team.

W-00

Praise the Tan update! Thanks to it I finally max-skilled my main's Avalon Drake! And I'd been worried there for a while, because there was a long stretch in which only the dark boss was dropping. Don't think I'd've been able to do it without the tans.

I also managed to max-skill my alt's Ishida Mitsunari and Ruel, and mostly skill-up one of my main's Raphaels (I have more fodder, but ran out of tans) and partially skill-up Elia on both accounts.

Sure, I had to spend my quest-reward tan dungeon to get enough tans to do it, but I'd say it was worth it.

raiot

Accepted.
I'm entirely too invested to stop lol. I've been farming El Dorado skill ups all day. Still need 15 more and 30 red tans to be done.

Edit: first arena 3 clear. Balance killer and Gaia Dragon spawns. Spoilers it takes forever to kill Gaia dragon with this team.
Hello, new best Friend :)

Kwhit10

Are people pulling HREM tomorrow or waiting to see evos first on the last day? It'll be hard not to blow all my stones at once.

Are people pulling HREM tomorrow or waiting to see evos first on the last day? It'll be hard not to blow all my stones at once.

Tomorrow. I mean I'm not going to sell any rolls just yet so I'm just pulling as much as I can throughout the event. Good evos would be a bonus, really just want new stuff for my box.

b33r

Yeah I'm pulling tomorrow and then whenever I get enough during the event. Hopefully Navi and Mel's uvos will make me want to keep them. The rest all have uses.

W-00

I can't see any possible advantage to waiting, so I'm most likely going to be rolling everything I can tomorrow. I have more than 100 stones on each of my account, and the only way that all of them that fit into a multiple of 10 aren't going down the dragon's gullet tomorrow is if I get all the rolls I really want before I run out of stones. If that happens, then I'll wait to see the ults before drawing any further.

Ducarmel

Ilmina is the card I'm after

I have 100 stones so 10 pulls

Let me just preemptively post my disappointment :(

Tm7uPDv.png

Since I know I'm not getting Ilmina

W-00

I got 60 stones, might buy a pack of stones depending on how those go.

I'd recommend against that. The Heroines are great, but you're only getting half as many pulls per pack as you normally would.

You already have six pulls, then there's the free pull, the Challenge Descended (in which each floor gives a stone), and the free stones from the Tamadra dungeons (which, if we get one a day, should be 14 (the event is two weeks, right?)). Between that and any other random stones you may acquire (Heroine dungeon, other dungeons that pop up) you should have at least nine pulls without spending any money. By that point, you're already likely to have pulled a dupe or two. How much are you willing to spend on dupes?

jiggle

The card I'm most excited about is the farmable Melissa lol

I wouldn't mind meri or ilm
But unless I get them on both my accounts
They are gonna be collecting dust as leads

Elgen was my most wanted when this came out
But she turned out to be pretty meh

b33r

You have to remember the trash rolls in this are 15k mp, then the mid tier are 50k. I guess if you want to sell ilmina you can get 75k. But regardless, the cards are mostly good, a lot of great inherit skills and killers for many dungeons. Mp is generally considered 1k per stone, so the average is in your favor even if you don't get the cards you want.

W-00

And now, dear stones, the time we have been waiting for has finally come. We have been through a great deal together and withstood many temptations! Godfest after Godfest, the Halloween REM, the Christmas REM, the New Years REM, and so very many collaborations! Yes, we lost many of your fellows during the Player's Choice Godfest, but that was always meant to be their fate.

Well, yes, we also lost a few to the Bleach collaboration, and that was not planned, and that was a pitiful, regrettable waste of stones, but we stepped back from the edge of that abyss before it was too late for the rest of you.

And you, you were saved for a greater purpose! You were saved for the Heroine Rare Egg Machine! Now my stones, leap down the gullet of that greedy beast, and bring to me the monsters I desire! Go! For Meridionalis, or enough MP for Dark Athena!

Roll 1
Main: Kuvia
Alt: Mel

Roll 2
Main: MERI!!!!!!
Alt: Mel

Those were both with actual stones, so now that my main has Meri and I have to actually think about whether or not to spend more stones on my main, I think I'll use the free pull and call it a night.

Roll 3 (Free)
Main: Meri. Again. Seriously.
Alt: Kuvia

Well... That's some unusual luck. Hopefully my alt will be able to pull Meri as well.

EDIT: Actually, I couldn't end it there. I made two more rolls on my alt.

Roll 4 (Alt): Kuvia. Again. This machine sure likes giving me dupes, but at least Kuvia is something my alt can use.
Roll 5 (Alt): MERI!!! WOOHOO! And now I sleep.

jiggle

All that ilm and meri
I hate yall

Main:
Meri
Elgenubi
Mito
Mito
Sheena
Mel
Momiji

Alt:
Mito
Mito
Barbara
Kuvia
Momuji
Sheena
Sheena

Meh
So not worth it

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't pull this fucking EVENT rem. That's all it is is a glorified shitty event REM trap bullshit.

Pulled free roll on main: Sheena

Paid for a roll on main: Sheena

Pulled free roll on alt: Sheena

Paid for a roll on alt: Sheena

Quantum

super trolled.

- nineteen pulls (19)
- all 5* - no rare cards

including seven sheenas, four momiji, five kuvia, and three mito.

Heroine REM brought me Salty Tears - reset the IAP clock please and thank you.

1 Momiji on free roll followed by 2 Mitos and 1 Ilmina

I've forgotten how it feels to get lucky in this game - haven't gotten anything this good in like a year or so

Time to save my remaining 110+ stones for ult news? Didn't occur to me that Gungho might add new base cards to the REM when it returns until I read Setsu's review last night. Rather not set myself up for dupes galore when the time comes.

Hope this luck carries over to the Gungho PAL machine…went 250 rolls without watercolor Kali last time ugh

Aesnath

I'm still debating on how much to spend on stones. There are several 5* I'd like and I could use most of the 6* (stupid Navi), but nothing seems like it will be a huge improvement to any of my existing teams, except ilmina (not something I'm counting on).

Either way, beginning rolls:
1: (free) Momiji (I'm pretty much of the mind that norn-boards are always useful and she seems OK on a hypothetical Myr team)
2: Mel (probably the dog of the REM, not sure where to use her...)

My daughter drew a Mel and a Kuvia. Actually two other people I know drew Mel as well, making me think she is pretty common.

Bladelaw

8+free roll:
Momiji
Mel
Mel
Mel (fucking really?)
Momiji
Mito
Mito
Barbara
Meridionalis!

Saving all rolls for the ult announcement but unless Mel gets a heart cross leader skill I'm having trouble seeing 3 of them staying in my box. Second Mito is also on the chopping block. I can see Momiji being a useful inherit for Mathena (or Myr if I ever pull Fuma Kotaro) so she stays. Barbara is a tough read. I'm not sure what to do with her but the active looks amazing. Ronia+Kanna rolled into one (sort of...) seems useful.

I might do another pack right before the end if the announcements happen before the REM shuts down. The good news is that with the MP gift and the trash from this REM means I get Dark Athena as soon as she debuts here. I'd be hoping for Red Escha and Kuvia, with Ilmina being the prayer.

Ok so what can I do with Meri that is a pain in the ass with MZeus, MHera, Yamamoto or Awoken Liu Bei? I have 4 max skilled Toshiro Hisugayas, 2 max skilled Sharons, Blonia, and pretty much anything she'd need for a button team so I'm just looking for a reason to finish putting in the resources (+'s and XP).

Skipping Star Den today. I have meetings at work through every group but A.

I might burn my tan dungeon today. I need something like 30 red tans to max skill my El Dorados.

Main:
Sheena
Mito
Sheena
Momiji

Alt:
Navi
Mel
Sheena

Yeeeeup, fuck this shit haha. Gonna wait for possible buff announcement before risking anything else.

smbu2000

Pulled on the Crows x Worst collab. and did very well.

Pulled 3 times on my main and 4 times on my sub.
On my main I pulled 2 silvers (same guy!) and 1 gold a new 6* Tsukushima Hana
. Seems like a pretty good Fire/Light character and his active skill: Removes Locks. Left column Fire, Right column Heal at max 9 turns is also nice.
Leader skill is Attacker/Physical types 2x ATK/HP and 3.5x ATK for every Fire cross.

On my sub I pulled 2 silvers and 2 golds. One silver is actually pretty good (removes locks, dark to fire orbs and water to light orbs at 7 turns max. I think I'm going to put his skill on my R.Minerva as his skill fits great on her. Very nice for a silver.

First gold was a 5* one, the guy that gives Devils a 4x ATK boost (dropping HP to 1) with a 50x dark attack on one enemy. Pretty similar to LuBu except with more power.

My second gold was a 6* one. Takeda Kousei
Super happy to pick up this guy as he has a 1 turn ignore damage absorb (like Fujin's skill) and creates 4 dark orbs at 22 turns max. Fujin's skill is at 19 turns, so just a bit of a difference. She has an extra 1 turn haste vs. his create 4 dark orbs.
Anyway, I'm glad to have an ignore damage skill on one of my accounts as I don't have Fujin.
Not quite sure about his leader skill. 6 or more combos give 3.5x ATK and attacking with dark/fire gives 2x ATK and a shield (not sure about the % 20-30 I'm guessing.)

Anyway, totally happy with what I've gotten so far.

edit: Also passed rank 600 on my sub, yay!

Bladelaw

Just took a look at C10. Probably going to Minerva cheese my way through it. Vishnu is a big enough pain in the ass. At least no skyfall can troll you on him, but it also makes Yomi much harder than normal

I figure stall up on floor 1 (as long as hearts can keep you above the kill threshold) then kill saving Charité for floor 2. Charité hera-is, stall then kill, repeat with Goemon, Zaerog, and Vishnu. Floor 1 will decide if it 's a viable strategy.

Failing that I'll fall back to Myr. Vishnu's the only spawn that concerns me with her.

Kreed

Pulled Ilmina with my free/rank roll. At a minimum she seems like a great skill inheritance with my Krishna team, but the 7x6 board leader skill will definitely get some use.

Just took a look at C10. Probably going to Minerva cheese my way through it. Vishnu is a big enough pain in the ass. At least no skyfall can troll you on him, but it also makes Yomi much harder than normal

I figure stall up on floor 1 (as long as hearts can keep you above the kill threshold) then kill saving Charité for floor 2. Charité hera-is, stall then kill, repeat with Goemon, Zaerog, and Vishnu. Floor 1 will decide if it 's a viable strategy.

Failing that I'll fall back to Myr. Vishnu's the only spawn that concerns me with her.

I used Myr and saved a Orochi delay active for Vishnu. Otherwise biggest annoyance was getting unlucky with Zaerog and having two light absorbs in a row.

J0dy77

Well my disastrous run on the REM continues. I swear Ive had maybe 2 usable drops come out in the last 6+ months to a year that I've actually used/wanted.

Pulled three times including the free roll and got 2x Navi and momiji. This dupe pull stuff is driving me crazy. I have zero use for any of them.

Top Bottom