• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Anyone on the JP side had any experience with Uevo Neptune dragon and Meri? I realize that it takes a lot more orbs to get to max multiplier, but that HP buff sounds desirable.

PadX's team simulator told me that, even will max level +297 team members and the +15 % hp badge, I won't be able to break 30k hp with Meri/Gabriel/B.Meta/S.Urd/Sitri. I will, however, be able to heal like 21k with a heart match of three.

it's really really really good. Biggest issues as you noted is orb production. My JP box is super limited so I don't have any of the major players for water teams but I'm still able to clear out a silly amount of content by just stalling for Meri and Hatsume. I've even survived 10 turn skill binds (before tamas cost 5 freaking coins) with unawoken teams.

Really if you can consistently pump out orbs on the floors you can't stall on this combo is really hard to take down.

b33r

Like blade said, very strong, very orb hungry. I usually run Meri/Meri and just take the loss if I run into dq Hera. It's fast and I'm lazy. If I really want to make sure to clear it I run bmyr or the Meri/nepdra combo. If you have Alrescha her 2 sbr and god killer are very handy.

Kreed

After max skilling Ilmina today just from a single run of all the Nightmare Street difficulties, King Tans have to be the greatest addition to this game ever.

After max skilling Ilmina today just from a single run of all the Nightmare Street difficulties, King Tans have to be the greatest addition to this game ever.
Not trying to bum you out but 5x skill up is some serious business. I've had multiple 4/5 and 5/5 feeds and seem to average 2-3. Considering the dungeon is going to be around for 2 weeks and the skill drop is guaranteed there's no reason to use tans for the skill ups IMO, unless you rally hate the dungeon and never want to run it again.

Speaking of the dungeon, I just realized that the challenge floor gives about 12% more XP. I've been missing out.

Negator

I'm rank 447 and co-opping the Myth dungeon is still enough to run the dungeon continuously ranking up, its nice.

Nust have done about 60 runs yesterday and only got 2 invades.

Kreed

Not trying to bum you out but 5x skill up is some serious business. I've had multiple 4/5 and 5/5 feeds and seem to average 2-3. Considering the dungeon is going to be around for 2 weeks and the skill drop is guaranteed there's no reason to use tans for the skill ups IMO, unless you rally hate the dungeon and never want to run it again.

You're definitely not bumming me out. I hate farming dungeons in general for skill ups (ended up using nothing by Shynpy's for Myr as an example) and would rather put my time and stamina towards more difficult content I've yet to clear due to mostly playing solo for everything.

W-00

Turns out that my Meri teams didn't actually have enough HP to tank DQ Hera (which I thankfully found out before taking them in again). But that was because I hadn't plussed the Meri on my main yet, so I did that (and I also plussed my main's Wetatron). Then I took my Meri teams for another spin through Arena and... I died again.

So I took them in a third time. And now both of my accounts have one more Shynpy than they had this morning. My first Arena clear! It took quite a while, since I ran into Parvati and hadn't gotten a good feel for Meri's damage control, but in co-op I hap the HP to tank her rage hit and the RCV to heal up to full with three heart orbs.

Then I met with DQ Hera again, but I had enough HP to tank her hit and a heartmaker ready to get me back to full for Kali (Dark, it turned out). It took a few turns, and I was really worried for a moment that I was going to knock her into her second rage zone, but that didn't happen.

With that done, I made a celebratory roll on the HREM on each account. My alt got its second Sheena. My main got its third(!) Meri. I really hope the ults provide a reason to have multiple Meris.

PS: No stone for Arena clear? I understand A2 and A3 are part of the same dungeon, but that just isn't right.

b33r

You will learn to eat arena 1 alive with Meri in co-op. She is a good inherit on her teams for flooding the board, combo shields, and adding stats to the other water sub. Even without a good ult, I would keep them.

I hope I get one...

Negator

Bought a few stones as I have been rolling throughout the event, and I managed to roll pretty much everything but Romia with very few dupes. I want Romia but I'll walk away from this one as a win.

jiggle

Rolled again

Main elgenubi dupe
Alt mito dupe dupe

Bummed really
Was prepared for the disappointment
But still can't help but be disappointed
Forcing myself to play past it lol

Whale
C4JSYdNWQAM-oKB.jpg

Silent_Z

I think I have everything from Heroine outside of Meri, Elgenubi, and Ilmina. Not buying another pack for those 3, but at least I should be able to earn enough stones between daily and the next challenge set before this REM closes for one last shot.

Cleared C9 just now, finishing this set of challenges. Tsubaki with DK Tsubaki sub is the best. Effortless one-shot of Lifive and Zhou Yu. Awoken Horus even made himself useful dealing with ZY's blind and making Leilan board usable after poison stripped all the enhances.

Bladelaw

So I'm trying to get Grida but man her invade rate is either terrible or my luck is garbage (or both). I spent about 1000 stamina on the mythical Nightmare Street and 0 invades. I have everything I pulled from the Heroine REM max skilled though so there's that.

I managed to max skill Trailovajira(?) just clearing for the stone so 5x is pretty great.

Still on track for a last pack near the end of the event. I'm hoping to get out of this with at least 1 of everything and enough MP to get Dark Athena when/if she comes to NA. I can get by without Illmina though. Romia and Kuvia should be obtainable (especially Kuvia).

I'm really hoping tans swing by sooner rather than later. I'm short about 30 red tans and it's clogging an extra 22 spaces for El Dorado and Baldin skill ups.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Rolled on that awful event REM again because I hate my life and don't value my stones and got a Mel, who is shitty but at least she has a good skill I'll never use. Actually a little disappointed I didn't get another Sheena just because FUCK this REM. Oh well I'll have enough stones for another pull tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Bladelaw

I'm seeing people bad talk Barbara as a lead. I know what I must do. (EDIT Not here just elsewhere)

Next project is the following team:
Barbara
Castor (Haku)
Hamal
Eschamali
Diadem (Sleeping Beauty)

Full SBR, bind utility, orb makers up the wazoo, plenty of SB. Outside of arena (Castor's god killer being a real problem vs Sopdet, devil killers vs Parvati) I can see this team tear through content. If I had a spare Castor I'd make the other version and put him on this team. I'll update once I put this through the team sim.

Sim link
Looks like it's not taking the "all stats x4" into account. For the record that means this team has:
HP: 96,592
RCV: 11,076
only 3 rows and no prongs but 11 orb enhances and is stacked with relevant killers.

Aesnath

I'm weighing about rolling with acquired stones any more on this machine. On the one hand, I would like to have access to a Sheena. On the other hand, I think my need of Mels, Mitos, Momijis, and Kuvias is very low at this point. But I just kinda want to. I'm trying to hold off until at least I know what the next GF is. The thing that has made the HREM so nice is that the "bad" rolls are still pretty solid. That is never true of regular REM.

Also, JP buffed ilmina? Maybe other buffs before the evo-spectacular on the 19th are possible for HREM. Barbara? Please?

I'm seeing people bad talk Barbara as a lead. I know what I must do. (EDIT Not here just elsewhere)

Next project is the following team:
Barbara
Castor (Haku)
Hamal
Eschamali
Diadem (Sleeping Beauty)

Full SBR, bind utility, orb makers up the wazoo, plenty of SB. Outside of arena (Castor's god killer being a real problem vs Sopdet, devil killers vs Parvati) I can see this team tear through content. If I had a spare Castor I'd make the other version and put him on this team. I'll update once I put this through the team sim.

Sim link
Looks like it's not taking the "all stats x4" into account. For the record that means this team has:
HP: 96,592
RCV: 11,076
only 3 rows and no prongs but 11 orb enhances and is stacked with relevant killers.

I just wish I had some of the subs that work with her. She seems like a fun thing to try, and potentially very powerful, but damn, her ideal sub list is like five long. I still may try a split fire/dark list and see how the whole "match 4" thing goes for me.

Silent_Z

Barbara looks strong but the absolute lack of sub pool is super rough. Considering the conditions on her active I'm expecting the LS to expand to include Dragon like I think they did with Typhon.

b33r

I was debating buying a pack for heroine rem, but I'm going to buy Nioh instead. That game looks right up my alley. Hopefully with few pulls I'll be able to save up for I'll get a good card.

Ugh urge to roll at least once more is high.

I already got Meri too.

On the one hand, I've gotten Meri, Momiji and Sheena so dupe chance shouldn't be too high.

On the other hand, I've already gotten 3 Sheenas!

jiggle

New heroines previewed on JP twitter

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/829534379575648256
AS: DKali + absorb null
LS: 7x6 board, 6x ATK and reduce damage for matching RGBDH

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/829534178886578178
AS: Balboa active
LS: 1.5/1.5/1 to water, 4xATK and reduce damage for matching B/G
24 turns for that skill is ass

Balboob leader skill is amazing!
Esp for scrubs like me who can't do cross shield
Want want want!

Edit: can only end in disappointment
I'll never learn lol

W-00

New heroines previewed on JP twitter

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/829534379575648256
AS: DKali + absorb null
LS: 7x6 board, 6x ATK and reduce damage for matching RGBDH

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/829534178886578178
AS: Balboa active
LS: 1.5/1.5/1 to water, 4xATK and reduce damage for matching B/G

Ah, good, new Heroines should help me resists further pu-

A 24 TURN COOLDOWN ON A MONSTER FROM THE REM?!?! And it's a 7-star?! Holy crap, absorb-null or no, that would be a truly terrible troll roll. Imagine actually lucking out hard enough to roll a 7* and its skill is barely ever going to be usable...

I mean, hell... I know she's otherwise a good monster, but REM monsters should never have cooldowns that long. Seriously tempted to roll more for Ilmina now just to avoid the possibility of ever spending stones on that. But I can at least wait until the ults are announced.

raiot

Ah, good, new Heroines should help me resists further pu-

A 24 TURN COOLDOWN ON A MONSTER FROM THE REM?!?! And it's a 7-star?! Holy crap, absorb-null or no, that would be a truly terrible troll roll. Imagine actually lucking out hard enough to roll a 7* and its skill is barely ever going to be usable...

I mean, hell... I know she's otherwise a good monster, but REM monsters should never have cooldowns that long. Seriously tempted to roll more for Ilmina now just to avoid the possibility of ever spending stones on that. But I can at least wait until the ults are announced.

I think you just don't get this monsters usability then... 24 is high, but just slap him on DKali and just kill all Radar Dragons. Heph Dragon? The 24 CD protects DKalis Active. All other Radars -> Shield negate and perfect board...

This is not a skill you use all the time, it is a: "Fuck this shit, I win" Button

W-00

Ah, A3. I suppose you're right, then. You're talking to someone who just cleared A1 for the first time yesterday, so A3 is far, far out of my considerations.

Bladelaw

Second A3 clear, noah dragon this time. Boring but safe fight. A successful run is pretty much determined by floor 1 and 2. If you can get the engine up only super skyfall troll can end you.

Aesnath

Yeah, 24 turns is a lot, but it is really powerful. I would not be sad to roll such a card, but I do think it has more of a "specialized uses" caveat compared to ilmina's "good for nearly everything" situation.

I was kind of hoping for more 6* buffs. Really wanting to know if a barbara buff is incoming prior to the evo. I sort of feel like a buff might travel over faster than the eventual evos.

b33r

I got enough stones for another pull, Kuvia. I'm ok with it, she will be a key player on my future Shiva Dragon team. Whenever we get his ult and I go through the trouble of making him.

I've gotten two Gridas in ~35 runs but skillups will be painful as I'm not sure about consistently running Devil Rush.

Thankfully Nightmare Street Myth is painless for ALB setups.

Anyone have a sense of when they will be bring back the flower dragon dungeons? I want to evo my Linthia and my Gran Reverse (just out of spite since I've kept the mats for so damn long) but you need a Swallowtail for both and it needs the red flower dragon.

Bladelaw

I've gotten two Gridas in ~35 runs but skillups will be painful as I'm not sure about consistently running Devil Rush.

Thankfully Nightmare Street Myth is painless for ALB setups.

I've, no joke, run over 100 times. No spawn. Am I doing something wrong? Nightmare Street Mythical right?

Devil rush is super easy Moblin. I get my Grida and I'll run you through it.

I've, no joke, run over 100 times. No spawn. Am I doing something wrong? Nightmare Street Mythical right?

Yeah. You're just unlucky I think. :(

I was running the Pyromare challenge for the extra XP when I got her but according to padx Myth will spawn her too. Mantastic just got her recently and posted a screen cap of him using ALB with not pyro so it's correct.

The one that requires pyromare has better experience so I run that. Drop rate is equally bad. If I didn't think I'd use her I wouldn't bother. Rare spawns are garbage. At least I never skilled up a Grisar.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
I'll add my voice to the "Grida invade rate is garbage" train.

I was previously going to run enough times to get the awakenings for free, but throwing tamadras into a woodchipper will be far more enjoyable than continuing to blow all my stamina in a day on nightmare street.

The +9 pal machine starts tomorrow, at least.

Bladelaw

3 stamina bars later finally got Grida. Estimated 150 runs. Fuck that. I got her at least. Now I can actually do something productive with my stamina.

Jagernaut

3 stamina bars later finally got Grida. Estimated 150 runs. Fuck that. I got her at least. Now I can actually do something productive with my stamina.

That's really bad luck, I got her in 1 stamina bar.

5x skillups is great, I max skilled Barbara, 2 Kuvia, 2 Momiji, Sheena, and 2 of the boss. Still a few left on Navi and Mito and I have 2 more unskilled Momiji.

Quantum

I haven't had an invade yet, although I think I'm only at 80 or so runs. This REM + dungeon has been torment on me/wallet.

(at least dark athena wont be an issue - but it seems like such a low bar at this point)

Ducarmel

So this rem descended event looks interesting.

Not sure how the rewards are erned reading the reddit post.

So is there 2 rewards, one for individual kills and one for global sercer kills? And to qualify for it you have to get the individual kills to get the global server reward?

Bladelaw

anyone not in group E want to run tans for the better part of an hour? I can button. Group E is midnight and while I'm probably going to run all hour If I don't have to it'd be nice. I need about 30-36 red tans lol.

EDIT: My main had 150 pal rolls, nothing. Alt has 40, gets kali and Sakuya in the same 10 pull. sigh... At least my alt has more direct uses for them.

Top Bottom