• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

I woke up and found out that my Meri pulls weren't just part of some beautiful dream, so that's a decent way to start the day.

Still, my main had more than 100 stones left, so i couldn't resist pulling a few more times: Sheena, Mito, Kuvia (dupe), and Momiji.

Yep, I'm good with this. I don't presently have a use for Sheena, but I still wanted her, Mito's killer awakenings will giver her a niche, and Momiji will make my Myr team slightly less jank. All that's left in the HREM that my main really wants are Ilmina and Elgenubi, and I'm not chasing them. Now it's just a question of if my alt can resist further pulls.

EDIT: It couldn't. Mito and Sheena. That should be enough for my alt to resist further rolls, at least until the last day.

b33r

The heroine rem was bad for me, 6 rolls, 1 Sheena, 3 Mitos, and 2 Mels...

I will still roll it when I get more stones, but so far it has been bad.

Silent_Z

Just took a look at C10. Probably going to Minerva cheese my way through it. Vishnu is a big enough pain in the ass. At least no skyfall can troll you on him, but it also makes Yomi much harder than normal

I figure stall up on floor 1 (as long as hearts can keep you above the kill threshold) then kill saving Charité for floor 2. Charité hera-is, stall then kill, repeat with Goemon, Zaerog, and Vishnu. Floor 1 will decide if it 's a viable strategy.

Failing that I'll fall back to Myr. Vishnu's the only spawn that concerns me with her.

I cleared it with the A3 Minerva team this morning. No Skyfall makes stalling stupidly easy. Ended up doing a good chunk of my stalling on Yomi in the 70-30% range where s/he's making hearts and poison. Really straightforward stalls though, and having Vishnu as the last floor makes it a much faster encounter than A3 Vishnu, as there's no need to save skills for the next floor or anything like that.

smbu2000

Oh so close on my score!

First try on that wood/light/dark/heart dungeon, using my Sinbad and the Romia on my sub. Having a 7x6 board along with only 4 colors makes things very easy. Gronia gave me a really great board on the boss floor and I had it 4 x 3 the whole board.

isWg7Nq.jpg

I just threw the team together looking for wood/dark subs that I had for it.
Sinbad/Susano/Gronia/Zuoh/A.Yomi/Romia

Bladelaw

Because we all know my self control is totally fine I pulled 2 more times. Navi and Elgenubi. That leaves Kuvia, Romia, Sheena, and Illmina as the only things I'm missing from the REM.

W-00

Because we all know my self control is totally fine I pulled 2 more times. Navi and Elgenubi. That leaves Kuvia, Romia, Sheena, and Illmina as the only things I'm missing from the REM.

Let's just all take a moment to take in the fact that our friend Bladelaw has somehow managed to roll all of the 6* while missing the good 5* rolls. That's some unusual luck.

W-00

I was wrong about being able to resist rolling more on my main until the announcements. Two more Sheena and Elgenubi. Hopefully there will be a team that uses multiple Sheena. At least I finally have a version of Eschamali, and she's for my weakest color, too.

Bladelaw

I was wrong about being able to resist rolling more on my main until the announcements. Two more Sheena and Elgenubi. Hopefully there will be a team that uses multiple Sheena. At least I finally have a version of Eschamali, and she's for my weakest color, too.

I'm actually trying to think of a home for Elgenubi. Anybody know where her best home is? Krishna is the obvious choice but is there anywhere else she'd really help out?

b33r

Shiva Dragon, awoken Cao Cao, Yamato, Yamamoto, maybe Kenshin. I really want her since my fire box is very good and there will eventually be a strong fire lead again.

She will be great for ranking dungeons on uvo Shiva Dragon too.

Bladelaw

Shiva Dragon, awoken Cao Cao, Yamato, Yamamoto, maybe Kenshin. I really want her since my fire box is very good and there will eventually be a strong fire lead again.

She will be great for ranking dungeons on uvo Shiva Dragon too.

Oh man, Yamamoto! Yeah I was thinking my primary fire team is Krishna. I'm hoping I can get a couple Illmina friends for some Kenshin Shenanigans. Not sure I should bother pulling for what I'm missing to be honest. Illmina is the only one out of what I'm missing that would enable me to do something I can't already accomplish with other options. And even then I could just pair with her.

got nothing good but will roll when I can for the duration of the event.

Given all my Sarias and Tsubakis an Ilmina would be lovely but I know better and I'm not going to whale for it.

W-00

Yeah, Yamamoto is where I'm planning on putting Elgenubi. Dual Yamamoto leads already bring ten rows, so orb enhance benefits the team a lot more than any extra rows. Plus my Yamamoto team currently only has 60% SBR, so Elgenubi bringing it up to 80% will be welcome. And Yamamoto is my main's only fire leader, so I have nowhere else to put her.

divusrex

Free roll on main: Momiji
Roll #1 on main: Momiji
Free roll on alt: Momiji

I think the PAD gods are trying to tell me something here...

Bladelaw

Ran C10 and C9 earlier today. Surprised it's magic stones for the reward and not Pys. Not sure which I want more at the moment. Given the Minerva team is unbeatable in A1 (barring godawful skyfall on floors 1-5) I can gets a py when ever I have 30 minutes to kill.

C10 worked pretty much according to plan. Vishnu was annoyingly resilient but I eventually chipped him away.

C9 I used my Aizen team. pretty much anything will work, just make sure your board change is up before you kill Echidna otherwise you're going to have a bad time.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Free pull was Barbara.

Decided to pull until I hit a dupe. End result: I have no more stones, pulled no dupes, and am missing only Mel, Ilmina, and Meri.

I'll take it . . . ?

b33r

Ran C10 and C9 earlier today. Surprised it's magic stones for the reward and not Pys. Not sure which I want more at the moment. Given the Minerva team is unbeatable in A1 (barring godawful skyfall on floors 1-5) I can gets a py when ever I have 30 minutes to kill.

C10 worked pretty much according to plan. Vishnu was annoyingly resilient but I eventually chipped him away.

C9 I used my Aizen team. pretty much anything will work, just make sure your board change is up before you kill Echidna otherwise you're going to have a bad time.

Haha yeah, I went into c9 blind and one shotted echidna, oops.

smbu2000

Oh so close on my score!

First try on that wood/light/dark/heart dungeon, using my Sinbad and the Romia on my sub. Having a 7x6 board along with only 4 colors makes things very easy. Gronia gave me a really great board on the boss floor and I had it 4 x 3 the whole board.

I just threw the team together looking for wood/dark subs that I had for it.
Sinbad/Susano/Gronia/Zuoh/A.Yomi/Romia
Well I thought my original score was okay, but I tried it out on my sub (iPad) to get the S rank (Tamadra) and I did even better, hehe. I even got a 28 combo on one floor. Not that much firepower, but it is nice for combos, especially with the extra 2 second movement badge.

Quite a big difference compared to my old score. For reference, you need a 140k score to get the S rank.

Obligatory Roll post:

Main:
Momiji
Navi
Kuvia
Barbara
Navi
Kuvia
Kuvia
Meri
Mito

Alt:
Mito
Sheena
Mito
Sheena
Kuvia
Barbara
Momiji

Overall I'm pretty happy. Meri is cool, but honestly I don't know how much I'll lead with her since my alt doesn't have her or Nepdra to pair with. I don't run much co-op outside of my accounts.

I don't have a ton of immediate uses for these pulls, but they all bring something new to my box. Barbara is interesting as both a sub and lead, though that sub pool seems small. I forgot Navi was a 6*, so a dupe is going to be sweet MP for DAthena. Should get there pretty easily on both accounts. I'm sure a lot of my pulls will find homes on teams down the line. Hoping for some cool ults.

Quantum

grinded 10 stones (challenges were easier than I could have imagined)

roll: 6* romia

I guess its something different ><

(should also mention I have enough for a "free" mp card and athena if I decide to sell a bunch of stuff so rationalization still works!)

Quantum

That card is begging for a decent ult.

completely agree - the card doesn't make much sense right now - the dmg multiplier is too small to be a serious lead and as a sub its only real use is for the time buff. as for an inherent I already have a bunch on unused zuohs

I do like the 7x6 boards though

(tifa is my favorite for 7x6 atm)

wonder if there is a reason to keep 6 sheenas (joke)

edit:

I wanted to roll in this rem for a new farm lead, but looking at my friends list it seem I'm about the only one - I was waiting for the heroine REM and planned on dropping some money on it but unlike almost every other REM almost no one on my friendslist has put up any of the new mobs as leads. (I have 260 friends and only 3 options for the new cards... never thought that would happen)

Ducarmel

Only pulled half of the ten pulls i had on my main including the free pull only have romia and meri to show for it.

I have Liu bei team so i dont have much motivation to work on meri for farming. I'll have to check my box if I could make that super fast arena 1 team.

Romia not sure what to do with it I have Zuoh.

Alt got Barbara.

Hopefully voltron news come out soon it might determine if I save my stones for it or dump them on heroine REM.

Aesnath

In the end, I decided to roll pretty hard, mostly 'cause it seemed like fun and better than average value. First time since I've been playing the game, I bought a 85 stone bundle--usually I cap out at the $20 one. I already had Mel and Momiji from an earlier pull and the free roll. That plus five stones:

1. Kuvia
2. Mito
3. Momiji x2
4. Barbara
5. Kuvia x2
6. Mito x2
7. Momiji x3
8. Mel x2
9. Meri

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I would have liked a Sheena, but I can't complain. I suspect that the triple Momijis will be useful somewhere, even if it is just inherits on a eventual Myr or Kaede team. The two Mitos seem kinda cool just based on how phenomenal DK Tsubaki has been. Sure they aren't as good and they don't slot into a team I have developed, but, again, they could likely do some work on Balboa or, possibly, a hypothetical kaede team. Kuvia seems nice in an objective sense, but breaking light hurts the practical applications on Minerva. Mel...well I hope the Uevo is good.

As for Barbara, I really only have Eschamali out of her possible subs. Even if I split colors between red, that just brings in those Kuvias. Also, skill bind will be a real problem. Still she is an awesome sub in Anima co-op as we have literally no problems being all dragon for most stages.

Meri is the interesting one. Playing around with her, I have a hard time not comparing her to other leads with the similar "all RCV, no HP" modifier set. Her healing is crazy, reminding me of RSonia, but her damage really can get there, closer to Cecil. Unlike Cecil, she also has the advantage being easier to activate (blobbing dark orbs is a real problem with him; with Meri, it is a feature). The no skyfall is interesting and absolutely nuts with scheat's active skill. It's like "create a ton of blue, make a row, then be left with a ton of blue," really silly. Oh, and needing to cover binds and team skill bind sucks a bit.

My "logical team" is Meri/Gabriel/B.Metatron/Sitri/S.Urd. This gives complete team skill bind resist and access to a solid bind cleric. However, the HP is really low, as everyone except Urd is a flipping healer and bent towards RCV, something I do not need. My high HP blue people are A. Orochi and Scheat, both of which favor TPA strongly, which is not particularly helpful. Also, I don't have either HP badge.

Bladelaw

Used my challenge stones for another roll: Sheena.
That leaves Romia, Kuvia, and Illmina as the only things I'm missing from this REM.

As for Meri: her skill is invaluable on a Rukia team, the extra combos plus flooding the board with water usually translates to a ton of damage. I'm sure she has a home on a few other teams (Khepri seems like she would have fun with Meri).

So at the moment the plan is one pack near the end of the event hopefully post ult announcement. Looking at the cards Mito and Mel need the most help with Kuvia and Momiji close behind I'm also stumped on what can be done to make them better.

Romia just needs more awakenings, a row, SB, and SBR and the stat boost with getting an ult and she's basically done. A leader skill upgrade probably isn't happening mostly due to them being a little shy to give 7x6 leads big multipliers. Might get some tanky stats to help though.

Meri with a SBR or a couple SB would be enough for me lol. SBR isn't even all that necessary given how many blue monsters have 2 or more SBR. Maybe give her some OE or unbindability? Tank stats would be nice but she's already extremely strong so probably not going to happen.

Elgenubi, what would you want on Eschamali? Unbindable? That's pretty much all I want from her awakenings.

Illmina is already insanely strong I can see her getting unbindable but no SBR or the other way around.

Navi is one of the few 7x6 leads I can see getting a leader skill upgrade. Paired with Ra Dragon she only gets up to 36x. Yeah she can heal from anything but she won't be killing much which for a 6* is disappointing. I'm guessing her leader skill gets upgraded to be similar to Ra Dragon's with better scaling. Maybe max out at 5x for 5 colors.

Barbara is really REALLY strong if you can field a team for her. 2x to Machine types is no joke. I put together a garbage team of random machines I had: Barbara, Castor, Escha, Hamal, and Diadem and only Escha was leveled and plussed and I was doing millions of damage with just a row + 3 fire with 63k HP. It's Balboa/Artemis on steroids. Make her unbindable and she's probably OP, SBR isn't needed for her as a lead since 2 of her best subs bring 2 each, maybe give her some rows? If you open up her leader skill to dragons too I'd argue she's one of the strongest leads in the game. I'm probably most looking forward to this one.

Sheena is kind of the other end of the spectrum. I'm not sure what I'd do to give her a niche beyond convenient killers (great for Star Justice) and a unique active. SBR would be welcome. A boost to her leader skill to include either HP boost or a bigger attack multiplier on light/dark matches would be nice.

If Barbara had a bigger sub pool she'd be legit. She's the pull I'm most interested in seeing the ult for. Opening it up to dragon type might be too big of a buff.

Aesnath

If Barbara had a bigger sub pool she'd be legit. She's the pull I'm most interested in seeing the ult for. Opening it up to dragon type might be too big of a buff.

Don't deflate my hope yet! I really want her to work, but having a sub pool of like five viable monsters is pretty limiting, especially given that she is already paying for her advantage in the form of no-match-3. I think the dragon LS buff isn't really that much of a problem given the existence of kinnikuman.

I guess the real question is whether or not they want her on-par with a collab 6*. I suppose she is sort of from a collab, but it feels different, and I bet they are aware of that difference.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that Ninegaruda would be an OK-to-good sub for Barbara as well. Now if I could just beat that damn snowy valley stage.

Bought a pack and got Meridionalis on second roll. Gonna stop rolling, at least until I see what Uuvo's are.

I don't know the teams I can make with her.

I have Lakshmi, Beach Eschamli, BMyr, Andromeda, 2 x Blue Sonia, Gabriel, Blue Valk, Ryune, Hermes, Scheat, Famiel, Ryune, I&I, Nut, Beach Chester, Beach Urd, Rinoa, 3x Toshiro.

I'm thinking Blue Sonia, Hermes, Andromeda, and Beach Eschamli.

100% SBR, 8 skill boosts. Although only 1 heart maker makes me a bit nervous.

EDIT: Also my rolls (including the free one and 20 stones I saved up)

Momiji
3 x Sheena
Meridionalis

W-00

Meri with a SBR or a couple SB would be enough for me lol. SBR isn't even all that necessary given how many blue monsters have 2 or more SBR. Maybe give her some OE or unbindability? Tank stats would be nice but she's already extremely strong so probably not going to happen.

Yeah, skill boosts are definitely Meri's biggest need. My current Meri team is way too lacking in SB to be usable in solo play (but once Ryune's buff comes over, will be overflowing with SBR). I thought about subbing in Sharon for Summurd just to have someone with a low-enough cooldown to be up on turn one on the team, but then I remembered that I don't have Sharon skilled up.

Sheena is kind of the other end of the spectrum. I'm not sure what I'd do to give her a niche beyond convenient killers (great for Star Justice) and a unique active. SBR would be welcome. A boost to her leader skill to include either HP boost or a bigger attack multiplier on light/dark matches would be nice.

A third type. Preferably Devil. That would give her a spot on old dark-teams like A. Panda and Lu Bu. Sure, she still wouldn't be in the meta, but it would increase the number of teams that could use her. Maybe split ults, with one keeping D/L and the other going L/D, just because my main has three of her and would really like a non-farmable L/D card.

fek

For solo I like to run Sarasvati in my Meri team for the SBs. Can just inherit something else but the base skill is also decent for the no skyfall leader skill.

Bladelaw

Bought a pack and got Meridionalis on second roll. Gonna stop rolling, at least until I see what Uuvo's are.

I don't know the teams I can make with her.

I have Lakshmi, Beach Eschamli, BMyr, Andromeda, 2 x Blue Sonia, Gabriel, Blue Valk, Ryune, Hermes, Scheat, Famiel, Ryune, I&I, Nut, Beach Chester, Beach Urd, Rinoa, 3x Toshiro.

I'm thinking Blue Sonia, Hermes, Andromeda, and Beach Eschamli.

100% SBR, 8 skill boosts. Although only 1 heart maker makes me a bit nervous.

EDIT: Also my rolls (including the free one and 20 stones I saved up)

Momiji
3 x Sheena
Meridionalis

If I'm running Meri solo (and I did a lot in JP) the thing you need most is quick orb changers or a giant SB stick. I can't think of many NA cards that are base blue and have 3 SB. Just Sarasvati and Blodin at the moment.

With what you posted I'd run the following:
Meri
Awoken Hermes
Andromeda
Beach Escha
Rinoa

In solo, blue Sonia is almost never going to come up unless you stall and with rinoa you're not screwed if you get bound. Her haste helps too since she'll be up turn 1 and can boost most of the rest of the team up. Since she also has the bind clear awakening you're still not totally hosed. If you want the bicolor board option inherit it on Hermes since his skyfall is redundant with Beach Escha. As you noted hearts will be in short supply given that 2/3rds of the team eats hearts but hey you work with what you've got.

Anyone got the invade yet? I've run the dungeon about two dozen times so far and no luck. Still chasing her though and planning on skilling up at least 1 Melissa. If I can't have Ilminna I can at least have her active which could be useful in the future.

Anyone got the invade yet? I've run the dungeon about two dozen times so far and no luck. Still chasing her though and planning on skilling up at least 1 Melissa. If I can't have Ilminna I can at least have her active which could be useful in the future.

I haven't had an invade yet. I hear it's like 5%. Going to chase her because I might actually use her. Also going to skill up a Melissa on both my accounts. My alt is using a bane for true damage on my MZeus Z8 farm team and it seems like Melissa would be a great replacement.

Aesnath

Yep, got one on mythical earlier today. Took the place of the tama-metlit-predra floor.

Yep, got one on mythical earlier today. Took the place of the tama-metlit-predra floor.
Yay, she actually does exist! haha

At least this dungeon is great XP compared to others. I'm also loving the 5x skillups. Other than a couple Mito skills I have all of my Heroines maxed (3x Sheena, Kuvia, Momiji).

W-00

I had some stamina to spare, so I decided to take my Meri teams on a coop trip through Arena 1 (which I have yet to clear). And what I have to say about that is:

Ah, right. Arena's DQ Hera is a set damage attack, not a 100% gravity. That's why my resist latents didn't save me. It stings a little, since I'm pretty sure that if I'd been at full HP I would have survived and I had more than one heart-making active ready to go. But I'd been lucky enough to run into Zeus-Mercury and had plenty of water orbs from his skyfall buff, so I didn't see any need to use an active.

Oh well, it was just a blind test run. And it was further than I've ever made it before, and probably took less than ten minutes.

EDIT: I've had Grida twice now. The first time she took the place of the first floor, the second time she replaced the second or third floor.

ccbfan

Can't decide if I should rolled more Heroine REM (I have over 200 stones saved) or not.

I already rolled 7 times and got

Barbara
Navi
Momijii
Sheena
Kuvia x 3

I'm not sure should I roll more. All the characters are good subs at minimum but none are my top wanted except Meri but I already have ALB which is better because of bind resist.

Ilmina is nice as a sub but she works best with Revo Minerva which I have so I can just partner one.

Bladelaw

I had some stamina to spare, so I decided to take my Meri teams on a coop trip through Arena 1 (which I have yet to clear). And what I have to say about that is:

Ah, right. Arena's DQ Hera is a set damage attack, not a 100% gravity. That's why my resist latents didn't save me. It stings a little, since I'm pretty sure that if I'd been at full HP I would have survived and I had more than one heart-making active ready to go. But I'd been lucky enough to run into Zeus-Mercury and had plenty of water orbs from his skyfall buff, so I didn't see any need to use an active.

Oh well, it was just a blind test run. And it was further than I've ever made it before, and probably took less than ten minutes.

EDIT: I've had Grida twice now. The first time she took the place of the first floor, the second time she replaced the second or third floor.
Kind of spring boarding off this but here's a quick arena survival guide for anyone looking to make a run for it:

Floor 6 tamas: have an answer for high defense enemies or a way to unbind and survive hard hits.
Floor 13 Sopdet: poke her to death. if dark do less than 100k damage per attribute while she's light, 200k or less when she's dark. If light do the opposite and pray you didn't bring a god killer.
Floor 15 Parvati is either stall it out then smack her down or poke her down then delay her or eat the Himilayan Anger rage attack.
Floor 18 Lifive, kill his ass dead ASAP
Floor 19 DQ Hera preemptively hits you for a shitload. use a shield the floor prior or have enough HP/Latents to tank it.
Floor 20 do 21 million damage or use a damage null (or a big shield) to eat her damage check attack.

If I'm running Meri solo (and I did a lot in JP) the thing you need most is quick orb changers or a giant SB stick. I can't think of many NA cards that are base blue and have 3 SB. Just Sarasvati and Blodin at the moment.

With what you posted I'd run the following:
Meri
Awoken Hermes
Andromeda
Beach Escha
Rinoa

In solo, blue Sonia is almost never going to come up unless you stall and with rinoa you're not screwed if you get bound. Her haste helps too since she'll be up turn 1 and can boost most of the rest of the team up. Since she also has the bind clear awakening you're still not totally hosed. If you want the bicolor board option inherit it on Hermes since his skyfall is redundant with Beach Escha. As you noted hearts will be in short supply given that 2/3rds of the team eats hearts but hey you work with what you've got.

Yep, I think you are right that NA only access to Saravasti and Blodin for 3 skill boost Blue monsters.

The team sounds good. I'll also start inheriting Beach Urd, Gabriel and Ryune over the team just for the heartmakers. The stat boosts are also nice.

I'll guess I'll use the rest of the stones hunting for another Andromeda, a Sumire or Blue Odin.

Aesnath

Anyone on the JP side had any experience with Uevo Neptune dragon and Meri? I realize that it takes a lot more orbs to get to max multiplier, but that HP buff sounds desirable.

PadX's team simulator told me that, even will max level +297 team members and the +15 % hp badge, I won't be able to break 30k hp with Meri/Gabriel/B.Meta/S.Urd/Sitri. I will, however, be able to heal like 21k with a heart match of three.

Top Bottom