• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

bjork

My alt account had 5 stones so I did one pull on the NY machine and got the Dancing Goddess Amaterasu. Seems like a pretty solid character, is this someone you could build a decent healer team around?

Negator

I looked up some D.Athena videos and she seems very well suited to someone with my... ability level. I really hope there are additional oversights with dungeon backgrounds in the near future, as I'm sitting on just under 400k MP right now :(

If we get the free MP that JP got in NA, I would be able to afford it. Though I'm not quite sure how much she would add to my box considering I have Aizen.

I looked up some D.Athena videos and she seems very well suited to someone with my... ability level. I really hope there are additional oversights with dungeon backgrounds in the near future, as I'm sitting on just under 400k MP right now :(

The best way to improve is to gradually move up to harder teams. Dark Athena will kill things real good, but 750k MP for it? I looked at your padherder and saw that you have a perfect Ra Dragon team. That would give you a stronger team for less than half the MP.

The best way to improve is to gradually move up to harder teams. Dark Athena will kill things real good, but 750k MP for it? I looked at your padherder and saw that you have a perfect Ra Dragon team. That would give you a stronger team for less than half the MP.

I do and it's enticing... but combos are not my thing and I don't think I'm capable of farming the evo mats for RaDra's ult evo. Machine Zeus alone requires 9+ combos and has 49 million health. And I still haven't cleared Arena 1, let alone A3 to try and luck my way into ZeusDra.

Really at this point I'm looking to have a more reliable way of farming A1 at least so I can stop worrying about skillups, and D.Athena seems to be the ticket. I even have some good subs ready-made for her (I think?) like Blue Sonia and Ryune. The idea of the damage with dark and blue TPAs with those two makes me sweat.

I've cleared most of the M+ rogues (solo) by now so I at least have a somewhat steady stream of MP coming in but I'm not sure it will be enough in time for D.Athena, assuming she comes within the next few months and costs 750k.

I do and it's enticing... but combos are not my thing and I don't think I'm capable of farming the evo mats for RaDra's ult evo. Machine Zeus alone requires 9+ combos and has 49 million health. And I still haven't cleared Arena 1, let alone A3 to try and luck my way into ZeusDra.

Really at this point I'm looking to have a more reliable way of farming A1 at least so I can stop worrying about skillups, and D.Athena seems to be the ticket. I even have some good subs ready-made for her (I think?) like Blue Sonia and Ryune. The idea of the damage with dark and blue TPAs with those two makes me sweat.

I've cleared most of the M+ rogues (solo) by now so I at least have a somewhat steady stream of MP coming in but I'm not sure it will be enough in time for D.Athena, assuming she comes within the next few months and costs 750k.

Look up the Dacho carry team for MZeus, which requires zero skill to pilot (your co-op partner does all the heavy lifting for you). You have all the REM requirements to build it, so you just need to do a bit of grinding to make the proper evolutions/levels and to make the run safer/guaranteed.

ZeusDra is going to be a lot harder to obtain, but at least you can stone through the guerrilla when it drops

You should probably just start preparing for DAthena though. Hopefully NA gets the free 545,540k MP that JP got/will get soon enough

Fair enough. Sounds like you have a plan. That said, I don't think you should write off Ra Dragon because you don't think you're good enough. If he doesn't fit your gameplan or you just don't want to play the game that way, then no big deal. But he's a lot easier to play than you might think (in large part because the dream team has 8.5 seconds of move time). You can also always fall back on coop to go for evo materials that feel out of your reach. (Ra Dragon + Ult Ra Dragon in coop is still bananas) If he's somehow still top tier after you get a Dark Athena, just keep him in mind.

I assume based on all the internet chatter that he'll be the top chicken in the meta for a long while (perhaps months), yeah? Setsu seems to think it's not unreasonable for RaDra to be the lone OP leader for 6+ months based on the JP meta. JP sites have had him in his own tier for a few cycles now.

I do like time extends... when I test run my Myr team basically every turn feels like Change the World and it's kind of liberating to be able to do exactly what I want with a board.

Still of all the teams I've tried I vastly prefer systemesque glass cannons like Ilm.

I assume based on all the internet chatter that he'll be the top chicken in the meta for a long while (perhaps months), yeah? Setsu seems to think it's not unreasonable for RaDra to be the lone OP leader for 6+ months based on the JP meta. JP sites have had him in his own tier for a few cycles now.

I do like time extends... when I test run my Myr team basically every turn feels like Change the World and it's kind of liberating to be able to do exactly what I want with a board.

Still of all the teams I've tried I vastly prefer systemesque glass cannons like Ilm.

Yeah, he'll probably be around for quite a while. Ra Dragon doesn't have any real weaknesses, so until the raw health and damage of enemies climbs high enough, he'll always be able to handle anything. That said, it sounds like you're familiar with and enjoy the style of play D.Athena uses, so planning on getting her seems like a fine plan.

Bladelaw

Anyone want to farm khepri with me? I have enough king tans to max skill her now i just need the fodder to do it. There's a couple ALB options in the discord. I'm planning on making the A and B side of the following:
ALB
A. Ra
Dios
Seraph of corruption Lucifer
Spica (australis)

B team is much easier to build
ALB
Dios
Dios
Myr
Dios

Strategy is pretty simple but healing on khepri might be needed if the teams are low on plusses
Fl1: P1, ALB match 8 as a row
Fl2: P2, ALB match 8 as a row
Fl3: P1, Ra, Dios, Lucifer
Fl4: P1, match hearts and wood
Fl5: P2, Dios swipe
Fl6: P1, Spica match 9 as a row
Fl7: P2, Dios --> Myr make 5 combo board
Fl8: P1 0c, P2 0c, P1 0c, P2 Dios swipe

Jagernaut

Anyone want to farm khepri with me? I have enough king tans to max skill her now i just need the fodder to do it. There's a couple ALB options in the discord. I'm planning on making the A and B side of the following:
ALB
A. Ra
Dios
Seraph of corruption Lucifer
Spica (australis)

B team is much easier to build
ALB
Dios
Dios
Myr
Dios

Strategy is pretty simple but healing on khepri might be needed if the teams are low on plusses
Fl1: P1, ALB match 8 as a row
Fl2: P2, ALB match 8 as a row
Fl3: P1, Ra, Dios, Lucifer
Fl4: P1, match hearts and wood
Fl5: P2, Dios swipe
Fl6: P1, Spica match 9 as a row
Fl7: P2, Dios --> Myr make 5 combo board
Fl8: P1 0c, P2 0c, P1 0c, P2 Dios swipe

I can do some runs. I was just wondering what team I should use to farm it. I have both teams but only B side is hyper.

Edit. Is there a mistake on floor 3? Won't Ra + Lucifer (mine doesn't have the plusses) kill everything? Dios will be absorbed by green shield knight.

Cleared arena 2 for the first time last night, co-op with my Myr teams. I haven't ran arena in ages, and have only tried arena 2 a handful of times, but this went relatively smoothly despite my PreDra solution not being up in time. I think I'm going to overhaul my current team and build towards arena 3. My alt is probably pretty set, but on my main I think Ganesha, Ariel, and Revo Ra will be subbed in, going towards prongs and unbindable. Being able to move assist skills around easier really opens up the game for more experimentation.

bjork

I pulled another Dancing Goddess Amaterasu, but on my main account this time. So I tried a healer team with her as both captain and friend captain, finally beat the Satan dungeon for the first time. I don't know that she's any sort of top-tier captain, but she seems nice.

b33r

I pulled another Dancing Goddess Amaterasu, but on my main account this time. So I tried a healer team with her as both captain and friend captain, finally beat the Satan dungeon for the first time. I don't know that she's any sort of top-tier captain, but she seems nice.

Basically if a floor can't one shot her, she can tank through the dungeon. I don't have her, but I know she can clear quite a few dungeons.

W-00

NY Amaterasu is roughly the same as Awoken Amaterasu (minus a SB and TPA). Awoken Amaterasu was my second primary lead, and she carried me far enough to get the materials for Awoken Pandora, but nowadays she only has very situational use as a lead (such as stalling through Hanuman's 99-turn damage absorb).

What you should get between Xin Hua, Ama, and Ra Dragon depends on what other monsters you have. Ra Dragon looks like he'll be the most powerful lead in the game for at least the next six months, but that is ONLY if you have all the right subs for him. Xin Hua is primarily used as a sub for Gremory - so unless you have Gremory it wouldn't be a great idea to buy her. And like I just said about NY Ama, she's good, but not outstanding. I wouldn't spend 300K MP on her. Unless you have Gremory or the right subs for Ra Dragon, I'd just keep the MP for now and wait for the next rotation of MP monsters.

bjork

Basically if a floor can't one shot her, she can tank through the dungeon. I don't have her, but I know she can clear quite a few dungeons.

NY Amaterasu is roughly the same as Awoken Amaterasu (minus a SB and TPA). Awoken Amaterasu was my second primary lead, and she carried me far enough to get the materials for Awoken Pandora, but nowadays she only has very situational use as a lead (such as stalling through Hanuman's 99-turn damage absorb).

Sweet. I don't have any awakenings or skill-ups yet, and my healers are all kind of lacking except for an Echidna that I finished a long time ago, but it's a fun team. I've never had a team that splashes the bigger damage numbers after a turn, so even if the number isn't high, it's still a neat new thing to see. :)

What you should get between Xin Hua, Ama, and Ra Dragon depends on what other monsters you have. Ra Dragon looks like he'll be the most powerful lead in the game for at least the next six months, but that is ONLY if you have all the right subs for him. Xin Hua is primarily used as a sub for Gremory - so unless you have Gremory it wouldn't be a great idea to buy her. And like I just said about NY Ama, she's good, but not outstanding. I wouldn't spend 300K MP on her. Unless you have Gremory or the right subs for Ra Dragon, I'd just keep the MP for now and wait for the next rotation of MP monsters.

Wait for Dark Athena like all the cool kids... xD

Sounds like waiting around is the right thing to do. I can do that.

Here is my monster box. Should be mostly updated. The only top tier cards I have are L Kali, Awoken Ra, Awoken Pandora, and Awoken Susano. That said I am really not a hardcore player so I might have others that are good and don't even know it.

W-00

Here is my monster box. Should be mostly updated. The only top tier cards I have are L Kali, Awoken Ra, Awoken Pandora, and Awoken Susano. That said I am really not a hardcore player so I might have others that are good and don't even know it.

That you do. Minerva, in her Reincarnated form, is currently a very popular lead, especially when paired with Ilm. Anima is a somewhat popular co-op lead. Sarasvati is one of the stronger glass cannons in the game and you have a lot of good subs for her. Lakshmi is also supposed to be very strong.

After some re-configuring, I tested out the following Myr teams in co-op:

Main:
Myr -> LAkechi
Apoc -> No inherit yet
Ariel -> A. Orochi
Ganesha -> Saria
A. DQXQ -> Vajrayaksa (unskilled, but I might pii him or maybe put a different burst here)

Alt:
Myr -> Saria
Unicorn Rider -> Saria
Awoken Venus (need to revo soon) -> LAkechi
Saria -> No inherit yet
A. DQXQ -> Balboa

First time playing it, took it straight to arena 3 for my first ever attempt. Balboa is perfect of PreDras. I think I had pretty easy spawns, since I can't really remember struggling until Hera Dragon. Killed Hera Dragon, no drop. Got LKali to spawn but I had 4 hearts on the board, the only active up was A. Orochi which was useless (should have delayed before the Radar dragon but had no idea it was spawning) and I had to use my pass on Hera Dragon so it was a wipe.

But, for not having any idea what I was doing, the team seems pretty ridiculous. Not sure what I'll do next. Probably make an Elia or another Myr to take Unicorn Rider's spot, though she does do solid damage. I might be able to clear this dungeon after all.

Bladelaw

Productive weekend. I managed to finish Khepri skill ups so all I need are plusses and my A side Mech Zeus carry team will be done. I finished the Minerva cheese team except for plusses after some cleaning of NY garbage.

I took Minerva for an unplussed test run in endless. it lives up to the hype. Not super fast but perfectly safe once you have the engine up and running. Endless killed me with a Dios spawn, fortunately he doesn't show up in Arena 2/3. I can't think of any other guaranteed run enders outside of the first 2 floors (Wadatsumi is super deadly).

This new skill up system is really the best thing ever. Things like Mech Zeus/Hera, Khepri, Ras, etc are no longer nightmares to skill up.

Rolling what I was planning on spending for NY in this GF and just praying for Kanna. pretty much any 6* GFE would be welcome. I could use another Balboa too I guess.

Bladelaw

Sorry for the double post but the JP stream has some great news for some people.

• YamaP won the arena challenge (surprise of the night) so Ryune will be buffed.
  • Satsuki snubbed again...
  • All MP shop dragons and gentlemen will be permanent, pys and special REM MP stuff will continue to rotate AFAIK
  • split ults for, Nut, Osiris, Hathor (who looks like a beast), Reincarnated Indra, Revo Vritra
  • Odindra gets split ult, one garbage, and one that actually looks useful LS: 3.5x ATK for each Wood or Light cross. Heals for 10x own RCV after matching orb.
    Unbindable, 2 SB, 2 TE, SBR, Bind Recovery, 7c 2x ATK awakes
  • 5 Year anniversary stream is 2/19

Mats for good Odindra are: Gaia Dragon, Linthia, Sevenzard (I think), Uevo Gaia, G/R Earth dragon

Aesnath

So, things went pretty well this weekend.

First off, I cleared Devil rush with Gremory, after I finished skilling A. Pandora. New line up is Gremory (Ishida)/Plum/DD Cecil/DD Akechi/A. Pandora. It has taken me getting used to how the haste actives change what priority one should use haste actives. I had to try devil rush twice, as the first time, when I used Cecil to board change from Beelzebub, he only made five dark orbs and a crap ton of heal orbs. I managed to get a cross and the two prong, but the rest of the orbs only made one extra combo, leaving him at like 25% hp, so he poisoned the board again. I faired better the second time.

Then I cleared one-shot challenge with Gremory. I actually had to use a stone, due player skill. I was doing fine until lucifer. First turn, 4 combos, 9 damage. Second turn, I had 8 combos. However, I neglected to realize that, in order to deal the full 9 damage, pandora needed me to match fire. So, he was at one hp. I figured I didn't want to play it again, and I would get a stone, so I continued--forgive me.

Then, I realized that, with two dragon-killer tsubakis I could farm Myr pretty painlessly (first time I beat the stage was with Gremory). Either way, Myr's getting there; I had a light kingtan, so she is up to skill level six all told. I figure I won't try to evolve her until I have her max skilled.

Long story short: I am really feeling like my ability to clear content increased recently. Haste-enabled gremory and SI-enabled Minerva seem to be able to close out a lot of content.

We also rolled some more on the NY machine (I know, but we are weak). I have:

Mitsuke (will keep, mostly for machine killer)
2x Hanzo (daughter drew this too)
Horus (daughter drew this too)

We had this really weird run where, after she drew spica and I drew mitsuke, we drew the same things.

The current godfest seems particularly crappy, so I don't feel bad about my rolls. I'll probably make two rolls on day two, just to try for Leilan, but that's it.

smbu2000

Sorry for the double post but the JP stream has some great news for some people.

• YamaP won the arena challenge (surprise of the night) so Ryune will be buffed.
  • All MP shop dragons and gentlemen will be permanent, pys and special REM MP stuff will continue to rotate AFAIK
  • split ults for, Nut, Osiris, Hathor (who looks like a beast), Reincarnated Indra, Revo Vritra
  • Odindra gets split ult, one garbage, and one that actually looks useful LS: 3.5x ATK for each Wood or Light cross. Heals for 10x own RCV after matching orb.

Mats for good Odindra are: Gaia Dragon, Linthia, Sevenzard (I think), Uevo Gaia, G/R Earth dragon
Very surprised to see YamaP win it. Happy that Ryune will be powered up though as I have her on both of my accounts. I only got to see the 2nd half of the JP stream as I didn't notice that it was on.

Tried out the Azazel Descend myself (Metal Dragon challenge) and cleared it without really any problems in multi with my YD teams. Also went through again after with my gf and her YD without any problems. Still need to do the normal one.

Surprisingly been using my R.Hades on my YD team lately. His skill has come in very handy (25% gravity and 5 turn 5 second time extend) and his stats are pretty good.

Had pretty good luck getting SDRs from the predra dungeon thanks to the 2x SDR rate during this event. Picked up 4 SDRs on for each of mine after using my stamina just before a rank up and just after. Very happy.
I've given my D.Athena 4 SDRs and I was thinking about expanding hers to 6 total and then giving her a Killer SDR.

Ryune buff should be cool. I've got 2, and don't use her outside of an inherited skill for Gremory. Hathor is interesting. How good is that 7combo awakening? Having 2 sounds nuts but I never really run combo leads, though I guess RaDra can probably be considered one.

ccbfan

It's weird to me that the split alt Egyptian 2s are better than Revo Indra and Vritra.

Are the 7c awokens for exactly 7 or 7+?

Cause its 7+ then Hathor seem broken good. 2.25 HP/RCV. Easy 36x activation. 7+ combos means 144x for the 2 Hathor. Only crappy thing is her active. Really need to be 30% so at least it has some use for resolve.

Bladelaw

It's weird to me that the split alt Egyptian 2s are better than Revo Indra and Vritra.

Are the 7c awokens for exactly 7 or 7+?

Cause its 7+ then Hathor seem broken good. 2.25 HP/RCV. Easy 36x activation. 7+ combos means 144x for the 2 Hathor. Only crappy thing is her active. Really need to be 30% so at least it has some use for resolve.

It's 7+ for the combo awakening. The active isn't great but it does get through some of the more annoying resolves, Reincarnated Homura being a specific annoyance for me. I don't think it's good enough to fix Ilsix though which is a shame because man fuck that guy. But hey if you have two available it is enough to drop ilsix below resolve after you drop him to 1 and he heals. For other 50% resolve enemies you can just plink them at 36x then double gravity. It's not a perfect solution but it can work alright.

Too bad my main doesn't have her, my alt has so many good rainbow leads but no subs for them. Revo Indra looks ok to me. I'm with you on Revo Vritra though. Indra's always been a stat stick for me so pumping him up some more, returning God typing, and giving him another finger sounds great to me. I only really use Vritra as a button so I probably won't reincarnate him unless there's a really good reason to.

Also Satsuki when!?

It's 7+ for the combo awakening. The active isn't great but it does get through some of the more annoying resolves, Reincarnated Homura being a specific annoyance for me. I don't think it's good enough to fix Ilsix though which is a shame because man fuck that guy. But hey if you have two available it is enough to drop ilsix below resolve after you drop him to 1 and he heals. For other 50% resolve enemies you can just plink them at 36x then double gravity. It's not a perfect solution but it can work alright.

Too bad my main doesn't have her, my alt has so many good rainbow leads but no subs for them. Revo Indra looks ok to me. I'm with you on Revo Vritra though. Indra's always been a stat stick for me so pumping him up some more, returning God typing, and giving him another finger sounds great to me. I only really use Vritra as a button so I probably won't reincarnate him unless there's a really good reason to.

Also Satsuki when!?

I'll have to see if Revo Indra is a fit on my Ult RaDra team or if Ariel is better in that spot. I think the team has enough fingers, but I'm also bad at it and need as many as I can get. I've never done anything with Vritra.

smbu2000

Ryune buff should be cool. I've got 2, and don't use her outside of an inherited skill for Gremory. Hathor is interesting. How good is that 7combo awakening? Having 2 sounds nuts but I never really run combo leads, though I guess RaDra can probably be considered one.
The 7 combo boost is pretty strong. I have Levi (from the Attack on Titan collab.) who recently had the 7+ combo awakening added on to him on my D.Athena team and when I hit 7 combos then Levi (with his almost 2500 ATK with 2 TPAs and 7 combo awakening) hits harder than D.Athena (with her almost 3000 ATK and 3 TPAs.)

Bladelaw

I'll have to see if Revo Indra is a fit on my Ult RaDra team or if Ariel is better in that spot. I think the team has enough fingers, but I'm also bad at it and need as many as I can get. I've never done anything with Vritra.

Both are reasonable picks. Indra is bindable and will do less damage. Those are the only downsides I can see though. His active is less useful on the team in the general case but for A3 it does save you an inherit and lets you tank almost anything the radars throw at you (barring the dispel + killshot BS). I'd say bring whichever the dungeon calls for. Though adding Indra to RaDra will skyrocket the HP even further so that's something to consider.

My team is looking like:
Ra Dra (Facet)
DKali (Ichigo)
DKali (DKali)
Ariel (Indra)
Awoken Isis (Awoken Orochi)

That way I get full inheritance bonus. If I need more time I can run the TE badge. I think I'll have enough cost to run the +2sec one but if not I'm only losing .5 sec vs using indra and HP badge. I plan on using the HP badge though and ichigo inherit will be my crutch if I need more time.

jiggle

Satsuki reaching lolmeta status

Crazy
even more MP and daily free stone for the entire month
On top of weekly events

Ive never bothered to farm mp on my jpn accounts
nor sell many cards
and both are already sitting on 600k+

Don't even have that much on NA despite farming and selling rem cards

Aesnath

Odin dragon evos seem...confusing. The easy ult is really just a continuation of the previous one and seems unimpressive--I guess if you are on the zombie train it could work. The hard ult gives a nice 150x on two light or green crosses, but no real defensive boost. However, between two maxed odin dragons it heals like 20k each turn, which is a lot of autoheal. Still, it feels hard to evaluate. Also, good luck getting 7 combos with two crosses.

Indra and Vitra seem better than I thought. When paired together you have 2/49/2, for dragons when making dark and light combos. I'm pretty sure that is a workable set up.

Ryune buff is lovely as my hypermaxed one fits on so many teams but despite having two that are max-skilled, I'm not sure there's room for two on any team. I'd love a split ult for her.

I have a Hathor warming the bench but unless I have roughly 20+ time extends she's probably a no-go.

I'm hoping and praying that we get an MP gift of some substance.

W-00

Here's to hoping Ryune's buff is a good one. Preferably something that opens up her compatible-leader pool. I have her max-skilled on both accounts, but the lack of A. I&I players keeps me from using her as a lead.

J0dy77

Ryune buff is lovely as my hypermaxed one fits on so many teams but despite having two that are max-skilled, I'm not sure there's room for two on any team. I'd love a split ult for her.

I have a Hathor warming the bench but unless I have roughly 20+ time extends she's probably a no-go.

I'm hoping and praying that we get an MP gift of some substance.

Here's to hoping Ryune's buff is a good one. Preferably something that opens up her compatible-leader pool. I have her max-skilled on both accounts, but the lack of A. I&I players keeps me from using her as a lead.

I'm hoping for a godly leader skill since my only acceptable water lead is Sumire and maybe Lakshmi but I dont have the ideal subs for either. Doubt they'll make much of a change to the leader skill and will probably add another water row or TPA.

Bladelaw

I'm hoping for a godly leader skill since my only acceptable water lead is Sumire and maybe Lakshmi but I dont have the ideal subs for either. Doubt they'll make much of a change to the leader skill and will probably add another water row or TPA.

I don't know, Tsubaki got her awesome dragon killer ult as a result of one of these. I could see Ryune getting similar treatment. Also since it was YamaP's pick (twice in fact) he may already have some idea of what he wanted to do. I'm hopeful but I don't play many water teams so I'm not sure how much of a boon this will be for me. I'm just happy a card I have is getting a buff. I still would have preferred Ariel though. Here's hoping next time they do this everyone gets shitty sopdet luck and Ariel wins by default.

I would LOVE a 3rd TPA and if that's all it is I'd be happy. She's already my heavy hitter on Revo Lakshmi with only 2.

I don't know, Tsubaki got her awesome dragon killer ult as a result of one of these. I could see Ryune getting similar treatment. Also since it was YamaP's pick (twice in fact) he may already have some idea of what he wanted to do. I'm hopeful but I don't play many water teams so I'm not sure how much of a boon this will be for me. I'm just happy a card I have is getting a buff. I still would have preferred Ariel though. Here's hoping next time they do this everyone gets shitty sopdet luck and Ariel wins by default.
Oh damn, really? DK Tsubaki is my favorite card right now so if Ryune gets something on that level it would be amazing.

Aesnath

Well, here's to hoping that they don't buff her then have JP players whine about it until they go with something worse. I mean, apparently that kind of thing happens, or so I've heard...

Top Bottom