• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can someone please link to me patch notes or info on the new inheritance system? Do tans only exist as skill up fodder now? I need to know if I can destroy all of mine.

There's a $1 for 5 stones special bundle with this event. I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't seen it on Reddit. More stones to save for heroine REM.

My free rolls on New Years were trash, Kaguya and Jeanne. Not even going to give this one a courtesy roll.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free : Kaguya-Hime
Another pull: Kaguya-Hime
One more pull: Kaguya-Hime

lol

Aesnath

Free roll: Sandaphalon
1st roll: Tengu

I guess I'll keep Tengu, but I'm not sure where I'll use him. I may make a few more rolls, on the off chance for a Yamamoto or Leian. Eh, this collab machine seems full of sadness too...

Can someone please link to me patch notes or info on the new inheritance system? Do tans only exist as skill up fodder now? I need to know if I can destroy all of mine.

I suck with links, but the SI system no longer uses tans at all--you just put something on something else. Only stipulation is the assistant needs to be fully awakened.

I wouldn't burn the tans though--combine six into a kingtan, which then can be used for guaranteed skill ups. Makes them more important IMO.

Jagernaut

Free roll was Spica. Not sure where to use her but I'll keep.

What does NY Tengu do that regular Tengu can't other than light sub color?

Free roll was Spica. Not sure where to use her but I'll keep.

What does NY Tengu do that regular Tengu can't other than light sub color?

It seems like a slight upgrade and you can use it with regular Tengu in no dupes or when you need different color coverage. I haven't seen a real compelling reason to roll for one, but if you got him might as well use him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Free roll: Sandaphalon
1st roll: Tengu

I guess I'll keep Tengu, but I'm not sure where I'll use him. I may make a few more rolls, on the off chance for a Yamamoto or Leian. Eh, this collab machine seems full of sadness too...

I suck with links, but the SI system no longer uses tans at all--you just put something on something else. Only stipulation is the assistant needs to be fully awakened.

I wouldn't burn the tans though--combine six into a kingtan, which then can be used for guaranteed skill ups. Makes them more important IMO.

Ooooh I didn't even realize king tans were in this update. That's huge. And no more level 99 to inherit... This patch was great.

Been working on something special for awhile. I hope the community here enjoys it:

http://www.gunghoonline.com/news/vo...ns-in-exclusive-north-american-collaboration/

Best case scenario: The cards are all identical copies of cards from some JP exclusive collab. That would actually be a pretty neat way of helping keep parity between NA and JP. (Though I'd feel pretty bad for EU and Korea in that case)
Much more likely scenario: The cards are all trash to keep JP from revolting. (JP will then throw a shitfit anyways and be rewarded for it)

Ra Dragon has me salty enough that I've been planning to quit PAD (hoping that Fire Emblem mobage turns out well), but I guess I'll hang around until details on this come out. I'm fully expecting this collab to be little more than another middle finger to the NA server. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

LiQuid!

Bladelaw

VOOOOOOOLLLLTROOOOOOONNNN!!!

Please cards either be terrible so I save money or amazing so I don't care about the lost opportunity with the Heroine REM.

EDIT: re NY Tengu, it has no dark subtype so it won't be preemptively bound by Nordis in SDR.

That's awesome. I see the ads for Voltron every time I turn on Netflix and always think it looks cool, but I've never watched it. Regardless, it seems like a really cool collab.

The "value pack" of 5 stones for a buck is nice, especially for IAP-lite folks. More stones for Heroines and a transaction history for customer service.

I got Spica and don't know where she would fit in. Certainly not ideal for Myr and I have much better wood subs. Maybe if Indra gets a massive buff.

W-00

VOOOOOOOLLLLTROOOOOOONNNN!!!

Please cards either be terrible so I save money or amazing so I don't care about the lost opportunity with the Heroine REM.

Considering that all the article said regarding a date was "later this year", I get the impression that it's still a ways off. I'd expect us to get the Heroines first. Or else riot.

I hope one of the cards requires a whole bunch of other cards to uvo, bringing the mechdragon/golem voltron meme full circle

Wait, do I actually hope for that

Bladelaw

Mistakes were made and I basically have reco's NY Spica arena team. Just need Hera dragon and yomidras Evo.

No Kanna or Yomi but I got everything else in the REM.

W-00

Someone on Facebook went full on Moby Dick:

Thank you for posting that. It just killed my last remaining urge to spend any stones in the NY REM.

Don't worry, my pretty little stones; the NY REM won't eat you. You're safe until the Heroines arrive. Well, most of you. Some of you may go into box space before then.

Kreed

Best case scenario: The cards are all identical copies of cards from some JP exclusive collab. That would actually be a pretty neat way of helping keep parity between NA and JP. (Though I'd feel pretty bad for EU and Korea in that case)

Copying the Hunter X Hunter or DBZ Collab skills would be a nice idea.

I hope one of the cards requires a whole bunch of other cards to uvo, bringing the mechdragon/golem voltron meme full circle

Wait, do I actually hope for that

Caspel, Cosmo is just joking, don't listen to this (unless it's dungeon mobs making a decent/better unit, that would be fine).

b33r

Kung fu panda would be cool.

I had to run a full stamina bar worth of new years dungeon to get the stupid monster you needed for the campaign to drop, I got the purple one so many times...

Jagernaut

For the new Greco Roman Awakenings guerilla dungeon, there are 5 sub dungeons. Do you get 1 stone for completing the set or 1 for each sub dungeon?

b33r

For the new Greco Roman Awakenings guerilla dungeon, there are 5 sub dungeons. Do you get 1 stone for completing the set or 1 for each sub dungeon?

I just tested one and didn't get a stone.

Edit: burned a stone and finished the rest, you get 1 stone for finishing all of them.

Quantum

After watching dzydzydino basically yolo pull Kanna I have become the dead sea.

I've been there (a few times) - one of my worst I think was chasing something I didn't get after four packs in a seasonal REM.

was really bummed initially.

the good:

- collected a ton of MP that I ultimately used for Blue MYR which I still use regularly
- it caused me to stop whaling and just play with the options I have
- it made me look at my box and realize that of all the "specialty" rems I've rolled in (over 1400 days played) only TWO mobs have made the line-up of my regular teams - they are just not worth it in the long run

The bad:

- insanely expensive, this has far surpassed Anarchy Online as my most expensive game
- I no longer can keep up with the meta
- I miss the infusion of new mobs into my box and the game gets stale faster (see my many complaints about cheap dungeons/rules)

the recent:

- I have found that if I really want to roll a pack I have to understand what it will actually change in the game for me
- if it doesn't change something drastically I use the money on steam, xbox, ps4 and get a completely different game to pull my attention away

(NYrem = Yakuza 0 - holy shit what a good game!)

the future:
- I'm not against spending money in the REM, but the options for something different or something I can use to change the way I play have to be there
- I'm still aggravated that if I want to use a lead that is not on my friends list and it doesn't match the one I'm using there is zero chance I'll be able to play (factors a BIG way into what I'll roll for in the future - looking at you TIFA).

bonus gripe:

Not directed at Caspel, but its the first time I've seen the updated avatar description.

Why isn't there an official NA gungho website for the NA server?
Why are the announcements initially filtered through the EU server? (the information about upcoming events rarely is released before the event starts in the US?)
- Other than money, why are mobs with skill changes and not language changes held almost arbitrarily without explanation for months?
- I understand that the game is primarily designed for JPN servers and the marketing shows that the items you give away in JPN does not generate as much business in the US, but every player that is a heavy spender in the US and follows the game sees the discrepancy and is hurt by it.

bjork

I'll ask Caspel a specific question:

The US is never going to see the Crows X Worst collab, right? My brain knows it won't happen, but my heart wants a Bouya to fight alongside Hello Kitty and Batman.

I looked up some D.Athena videos and she seems very well suited to someone with my... ability level. I really hope there are additional oversights with dungeon backgrounds in the near future, as I'm sitting on just under 400k MP right now :(

Top Bottom