• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVII| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

Icolin

Banned
Cardi B thread on OT is WOAT shit. Some of those posts make me feel like I'm back in high school when I used to write paragraphs about how much modern rap and pop sucked in the comments sections of Justin Bieber's Baby or LMFAO Party Rock Anthem or whatever.

Makes me appreciate this thread and community even more. Long live GAF-Hop. Long live car gifs. Long live NAV gifs.

Koozek

Cardi B thread on OT is WOAT shit. Some of those posts make me feel like I'm back in high school when I used to write paragraphs about how much modern rap and pop sucked in the comments sections of Justin Bieber's Baby or LMFAO Party Rock Anthem or whatever.

Makes me appreciate this thread and community even more. Long live GAF-Hop. Long live car gifs. Long live NAV gifs.
beSFiXF.png

Koozek

You know, I feel like Drake will slowly start to fall off from now on. He will have peaked last year, mark my words.

Eos

Jesus. Congrats, I guess.

I will redouble my efforts to indoctrinate my daughter and her friends into 80s and 90s Hip-Hop.

Last week's lesson: Boogie Down Productions
full

FZZ

Banned
I can definitely say GAF has turned my music tastes into being a degenerate

at the same time it did also help me realize how corny em is

I only willfully listened to Bodak Yellow like twice before today.
Played it three more times today and I actually like it, good song.

This is more of a grind my gears type deal, but I really really don't like when people just post the most hyperbolic stuff with no justification. In that damn Bodak thread, it's just filled with people posting "It's shit" and ghosting. It literally serves no purpose other than shitting up a thread. Couple that with archaic views and inflammatory statements and it just becomes an exercise in frustration.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This is more of a grind my gears type deal, but I really really don't like when people just post the most hyperbolic stuff with no justification. In that damn Bodak thread, it's just filled with people posting "It's shit" and ghosting. It literally serves no purpose other than shitting up a thread. Couple that with archaic views and inflammatory statements and it just becomes an exercise in frustration.
I feel as if most people listen to a song and just decide if they like it or not. Actually this is how most people are in general with media.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chance song sucked but he made it in like 3 days because he couldn't perform another song so it's whatever.

Chance still better than ally 'all favs tho

Koko

Banned
I enjoyed it, a solid 4 out of 5. Very excited to see what does next, I hope that he releases Acid Rap on Apple Music though. Not sure why artists aren't releasing mixtapes on streaming sites.
Most of the time because of samples problems.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Whew, fuck, as someone who’s had one childhood home demolished and the other in the process, Mike Eagle’s new album hits me fuuuucking hard.

The places I grew up sucked by most definitions, but there were still precious memories there, and not being able to revisit any of it still hurts.

First time I listened I wasn’t paying attention to the lyrics and I found it too mellow, but second listen I paid attention and that shit’s heartbreaking. Might be one of the most personally affecting albums I’ve ever listened to.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You guys expect a forum filled with JRPG-playing middle-aged Yakubian dorks to have good taste on music? Lmaooooooooo, imagine taking the opinions of Foo Fighters and AC/DC fans seriously

Top Bottom