• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVII| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Most of the time because of samples problems.
Ah I gotcha.
You guys expect a forum filled with JRPG-playing middle-aged Yakubian dorks to have good taste on music? Lmaooooooooo, imagine taking the opinions of Foo Fighters and AC/DC fans seriously
I can’t tell if serious or not

Most people on this forum could probably name more fucking anime composers than rappers
Lol this is so accurate it’s unbelievable

Ross61

You guys expect a forum filled with JRPG-playing middle-aged Yakubian dorks to have good taste on music? Lmaooooooooo, imagine taking the opinions of Foo Fighters and AC/DC fans seriously

This should've been clear in the fucking Stronger thread. These motherfuckers don't even know what sampling is or it's importance in hip hop culture.

Icolin

Banned
I won't accept the Foo Fighters slander. Everlong is one of the best songs of that decade.

Most people on this forum could probably name more fucking anime composers than rappers

This is a damn good post.

On another note, I'm finding myself listening to Lil Pump more and more. Gucci Gang is some catchy shit. Also ESKETIT is a GOAT ad lib.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dolph got clapped up again.

Gotti needs to chill.

EDIT: Damn, y'all seen Yung Joc?

Yung-Joc-in-a-dress-2017-520x511.png

That Thugger influence

DMVfan123

Banned
Relieved to see some Chance the Rapper slander, even though I like some of his music
At my school if you were to say anything that could be considered blasphemous to Chance's image you were immediately ostracized from every social group

Icolin

Banned
Other genres seem to be popping in the next two months. Anything coming out rap wise.

Gucci Mane has something coming out soon, and IIRC Ty Dolla Sign's Beach House 3 comes out in October.

Pretty barren though. Hopefully we get some surprise releases to end this year with a bang.

overcast

WaffleTaco

What are the best songs off macklemore's new album?

I can't be bothered to listen through it myself

Personally I think these are the better songs:

1. Ain't Gonna Die Tonight (Ft. Eric Nally)
2. Glorious (Ft. Skylar Grey) - similar to Chance's use of gospel sounds
6. Good Old Days (Ft. Kesha) - good radio single
8. Firebreather (Ft. Reignwolf) - he uses a guitar for the beat and it's good
9. How To Play the Flute (Ft. King Draino) - the beat is great due to the flutes
10. Ten Million - I like his use of autotune
11. Over It (Ft. Donna Missal)
12. Zara (Ft. ABIR) - it is basically a Drake song with a fake Rihanna
13. Corner Store (Ft. Dave B & Travis Thompson) - this is just a fun song
16. Excavate (Ft. Saint Claire)

I do like how he uses lesser known artists to support his songs (except singles lol). I also say every song sounds different in some way so it doesn't always feel a slog to listen to. I am actually expecting it to grow on a lot of people, because it has such a variety of genres within the rap sphere, with the songs actually being decent as well.

LMAO ADULT SWIM'S DOOM THING ENDED IN THE MOST DOOM WAY POSSIBLE.
Approached for comment by Mass Appeal, Adult Swim confirmed that the series has ended and that the Notebook... series is not going ahead as planned. Their statement read: “Adult Swim is ending our relationship with DOOM, and thus, the remaining Missing Notebook Rhymes will unfortunately have to remain…missing. We are glad to have had the chance to provide the previous free tracks to our fans.”

WaffleTaco

Macklemore is in the Foo Fighters tier of rappers at this point.

You mean past their prime/highest point they will be at commercially? Well, yeah most people only get one era of that, although the public seems to go back and forth with how they feel about Drake. Hell Kanye had his a decade ago with Graduation, although still managed to make a bunch of great albums after that. Dr. Dre is definitely gone by now when it comes to rapping, but everyone would still turn into him to hear his music. Snoop Dogg still makes albums, despite knowing that they won't be popular. I guess what I am trying to say is that so what if they are past their prime, as long as they release a few decent tracks I can bump for a week or two, then I am happy.

Although if you mean something entirely different, than the above paragraph is just useless.

HiResDes

You mean past their prime/highest point they will be at commercially? Well, yeah most people only get one era of that, although the public seems to go back and forth with how they feel about Drake. Hell Kanye had his a decade ago with Graduation, although still managed to make a bunch of great albums after that. Dr. Dre is definitely gone by now when it comes to rapping, but everyone would still turn into him to hear his music. Snoop Dogg still makes albums, despite knowing that they won't be popular. I guess what I am trying to say is that so what if they are past their prime, as long as they release a few decent tracks I can bump for a week or two, then I am happy.

Although if you mean something entirely different, than the above paragraph is just useless.

Basically they both sell commercially but are not held in high regard in this realm of fandom.

Top Bottom