• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware teases Shadow Realms, GamesCom unveil, not from BioWare Canada

Dr Dogg

Yeah I just got this as well. I thought it might be some DA or ME promo but I'm really interested in the premise after watching the teaser. Though there's only so much you can take from a live action snippet. One to keep an eye on though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I think it will be a IOS/Android game because this is not the first time they do announcements like this.

Yep and you visit Shadow Realms aka Wi-Fi Hotspots to fight other players and creatures.

Edit: Lot's of speculation from everyone!

Corpekata

Banned
A single-player RPG of The Secret World? EA publishes the MMO after all.

EA is only a co-publisher. Fairly certain Funcom owns the actual IP.

But it does have pretty strong Secret World vibes. Wouldn't doubt it if it was inspired by it, at least.

Kamina

Golden Boy
SAW-TheGame-3-icon.png

I also got this email but didn't watch the video. Let me go do that and see what this is all about.

Edit : It looks cool but I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Guy sitting down with smoke as a head? What?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Looks interesting. So they will reveal the game at Gamescom, nice.

Fuz

Banned
A single-player RPG of The Secret World? EA publishes the MMO after all.

EA is only a co-publisher. Fairly certain Funcom owns the actual IP.

But it does have pretty strong Secret World vibes. Wouldn't doubt it if it was inspired by it, at least.

If it were a single player The Secret World I would be a very happy kid.

...until I remember it's from bioware.

Based on the teaser and developer it will be an Action-RPG in a contemporary "urban fantasy" setting. The supernatural elements are pretty obviously going to be related to dreams. The protagonist will get involved in events beyond their control, have a mentor-type figure die in front of them, and then be inducted into an elite order of people who are charged with protecting the world / existence / humanity / whatever, called the Jedi the Spirit Monks the Spectres the Grey Wardens the Sandmen. You will get a variety of mage force biotic dream powers in combination with more conventional weapons to do battle with your foes. You will gather a party of characters, many of whom will try to fuck you if you so much as glace at them or say hello when you see them.

Staf

Based on the teaser and developer it will be an Action-RPG in a contemporary "urban fantasy" setting. The supernatural elements are pretty obviously going to be related to dreams. The protagonist will get involved in events beyond their control, have a mentor-type figure die in front of them, and then be inducted into an elite order of people who are charged with protecting the world / existence / humanity / whatever, called the Jedi the Spirit Monks the Spectres the Grey Wardens the Sandmen. You will get a variety of mage force biotic dream powers in combination with more conventional weapons to do battle with your foes. You will gather a party of characters, many of whom will try to fuck you if you so much as glace at them or say hello when you see them.

Awesome post!

monome

lol.

someone at Bioware is laughing. and crying.

li bur

Hello *while glancing*

xenist

You forgot to add that after you're introduced to the bad guys, the good guys and the main plot you'll have a choice of multiple (three or more) areas from where you will start your quest.

SSI4xHT.jpg

Fuz

Banned

Charles-Dance-benedict-clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-421.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've also "been chosen" by email. Should I be scared? I'm afraid that if I go to sleep, EA will invade my mind.

I got the email as well. It came via the email address I have registered my Sims id so they are probably mass emailing anyone and everyone that has ever registered with EA.

Some Nobody

This post is genius, but your avatar tops it.

Top Bottom