• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee - Gamescom 2016 Trailer

Neiteio

I just watched the trailer like 10 times in a row.

Is the factory the hub world? Looks great! And is that the hub theme playing in the trailer? It's already stuck in my head!

I love everything I'm seeing and hearing. That Frozen-esque ice world is gorgeous. Love the snowplow transformation.

I also adore the design of the big boss, Capital B.

Man, everything is so promising!

DonMigs85

Hmm, I wonder if they'll let me switch my backer game to the PC version instead of PS4.I want 60FPS and I doubt PS4 will deliver on that front.

Hmm, I wonder if they'll let me switch my backer game to the PC version instead of PS4.I want 60FPS and I doubt PS4 will deliver on that front.
Im having the same thought. I asked ps4, but knowing it's going to be another dev working on that version,plus it being unity, means I'd rather take my chances with pc.

Neiteio

The music was pretty bad. For a trailer like this, you should use more hype music to make even trivial platforming look exciting.
Nonsense. Music was amazing. Has that dark fairytale vibe I love so much from Kirkhope. Maybe this theme is the hub music!

Everything I've seen from this game has looked great so far. The music is fantastic and that library level looks gorgeous. The only iffy part about the trailer was the foggy underwater section. Underwater levels aren't too good in general, and that fog just makes it look even worse.

Neiteio

Now I'm thinking back to Jon Lovitz in Rat Race:

"They're Nazis, they're always pissed off. It's like it's their job!"

oeOhzp1.png

Now where have I seen this before...

group_dkc2_03.png

Trailer looks pretty good to me so for for a Unity powered 3D platformer. I don;t think that it quite has the personality of the Banjo Games, but this is still honestly a a decent looking spiritual successor from the trailer.

Gartooth

I thought it was a pretty good trailer. It focused a lot on the hub world and environments this time around. I'm guessing the trailer theme is for the boss lair. Decent theme though not as memorable as Grunty's Lair. As for the hub world, I think one of my favorite details was a shot of seeing the jungle world kind of "invading" the lair. I always loved that aspect since Grunty's Lair would be teasing of what the next level's theme was before you entered it.

oeOhzp1.png

Now where have I seen this before...

group_dkc2_03.png

Whoa, they are going full in with how much the screens look like pre-rendered art from old Rare games.

Top Bottom