• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Anytime I play a game of matchmaking I keep being put into "Blind Ban" when we get the game it says "Mid Wars" we do 3 blind bans and then it's normal All Pick. Interesting bug, actually a fairly fun mode

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Fuck Anbokr and his 27 pound gain in 9 weeks

Yo idk I'm just eating a SHIT TON and drinking 2 cups of milk in the morning and at night. Starting sprints to cut down the body fat % though. I think I need to take a week off or some shit though as I really fucked up my right ankle (I keep thinking it's healed and then I just smash it with high, weighted step ups or sprints and it's been getting worse and worse), and my body overall is really tired.

You probably just have an INSANE metabolism swag. Gotta shove more food down bro.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A lot of people can't get that weight.

For various reasons, such as not having enough food.

Swag

Jesus you guys are awful, I eat more food here then I do in Philly
Yo idk I'm just eating a SHIT TON and drinking 2 cups of milk in the morning and at night. Starting sprints to cut down the body fat % though. I think I need to take a week off or some shit though as I really fucked up my right ankle (I keep thinking it's healed and then I just smash it with high, weighted step ups or sprints and it's been getting worse and worse), and my body overall is really tired.
I just took a week off cause I've had the flu, girls that come to parties sick are the worst, was a bittersweet break from the gym. I also drink a gallon of milk a day, so I really don't know how it's not working. I must have the metabolism of a Kenyan runner.

Neki

Jesus you guys are awful, I eat more food here then I do in Philly

I just took a week off cause I've had the flu, girls that come to parties sick are the worst, was a bittersweet break from the gym. I also drink a gallon of milk a day, so I really don't know how it's not working. I must have the metabolism of a Kenyan runner.

just start doping like lance armstrong or usain bolt then

Swag

I miss FA. Dota lacks a strong pushing ranged carry.
Although probably not as good, Luna has her glaives?

Wish Valve would buy the rights to HoN and just port over some of the interesting heroes, Flux, Myrmidon, Empath, Chipper.

On second thought, it would be a terrible business decision for 4 heroes.

Phandy

I would go down on Maliken and Gabe together to get Gauntlet into Dota.

I also always kinda loved Maliken, Puppet Master and Accursed even though they weren't that good (maybe Scout too for jokes).

Swag

Accursed = Abbadon

He's just not in yet, or doesn't exist in Dota anymore. Gauntlet would be quite good, but only if they keep the hero theme the same, and not dotify it.

Phandy

Accursed = Abbadon

He's just not in yet, or doesn't exist in Dota anymore. Gauntlet would be quite good, but only if they keep the hero theme the same, and not dotify it.

Oh man, I hope Accursed does appear then. I thought he was pretty unique hero being a sort of heavy support/tank.

Having the El Guantalete luchadore skin too would be the greatest thing in history.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Our mutual friend says you're retarded Archie, Striders > Tranquil.

Swag

After having DOTA related avatars for forever, switching to a Bayonetta one was incredibly jarring for me Archie.

Imagine if Geomancer had 4 seperate mini geomancers
Would still suck because Chair would not be able to hit that ult, even if he could cast it at 4 different points.

Neki

After having DOTA related avatars for forever, switching to a Bayonetta one was incredibly jarring for me Archie.

Would still suck because Chair would not be able to hit that ult, even if he could cast it at 4 different points.

I should go back to my old Rita avatar, so qt.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Sorry man. Bayonetta was a top 5 game this gen for me and Nintendo announcing Bayonetta 2 made me stoked. They instantly sold me on a Wii U.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I'm pumped for meepo to get added so scrubs play him and feed me wins.

Also, holy shit at these kirby items. They just aren't getting better, and he doesn't even give us the courtesy of linking them. He forces them on my eyes.

Neki

I'm pumped for meepo to get added so scrubs play him and feed me wins.

Also, holy shit at these kirby items. They just aren't getting better, and he doesn't even give us the courtesy of linking them. He forces them on my eyes.

yo man, moody gonna give you the ban hammer soon with all dat real talk

Swag

Sorry man. Bayonetta was a top 5 game this gen for me and Nintendo announcing Bayonetta 2 made me stoked. They instantly sold me on a Wii U.
Archie
Second-rate Anihawk

Figured you would've been sold without the need for any reinforcement
That's why I posted it here. Real talk refugees.
There's a few things I can always count on seeing when I skim that thread

- Professional Player dick riding, Wehsing in particular
- Similar questions asked ad nauseam with the same answers every time
- Average screenshots being passed off as God Tier
- Terrible opinions being thrown around with confidence
- Lack of real talk
- Bad Kirby Items

Dota 2 thread going strong as always.

Swag

Swag you almost home yet? I've been forced to play League without your throwing to keep me in line.
You could always just play with Euro GAF, would probably be the same thing, except it would never get good.

So I was bored at work today and decided to read this thread, to have a few chuckles, so many amazing posts.

Meeru said:
DSC00344.jpg
Meeru wedding pics, who would've thought this dude would turn out to be the
Sociopath
we all know and love, also dude's wife is pretty hot.
Wife letting me play an hr a day :D
Beginning of the downward spiral to the wife quits.
The reason for not always using hot-keys is because I have my hands on the arrows keys moving the camera around a lot of the times. I really need to remap the keys so I don't have to move my hands across the keyboard so much.
Knowledge bombs from Sanjay
BZM said:
This amazing image from Nuke / Freezm
Neckbeard said:
Procarbine's bad luck before the infamous curse.
NukeDukem said:
The official HoN GAF shirt, dunno why this never got made though
Yo "Chinese Electric Batman" whats your in game name? weve all been wondering this for like 800years bra
Did we ever figure out who this dude was?
The sup X gosu invasion
Beginning of Yubers losses to Loki mid, and the birth of the HoN GAF 1v1 Mid ( Neki vs Kapura mid lol )
Sanjay said:
Yuber being put away then getting redemption from the ultimate luck.
One of these days someone will have to tell me the whole story behind Wifequitting.
One day, Meeru got married.

~ The End ~
Guesong getting some marriage advice, is he married yet?
Swag said:
Amazing IH Salt / Reel Tawk

Spermatic Cord said:
MrMr Spirit reincarnated in Swifletame

Swag & Kagete said:
Kagete - Every time Kagete apologizes for something, you drink.
Alumnus - Every time Alumnus gets mad, you drink.
MrMister - Every threat of incoming loss, you drink.
Puppetyuber - Every bottle purchased, you drink.
Neki - Every time the word "Real Talk" is mentioned in Mumble you drink.
Loki_Demi - Every time the phrase "So stressing" is mentioned, you drink.
MoodyShuffle - Every time text is entered into Mumble instead of spoken words, you drink.
Thorin_Bei - Every time the word "Team Play" is mentioned you drink.
Procarbine - Every time Procarbine completes a failed gank, you drink.
NukeFDukem - Every time the phrase "EZ" is typed, you drink.
Sanjay - Every time a throw is performed, you drink.
Meeru - Every Disconnect, you drink, or whenever the phrase "Just go in" is mentioned, you drink.
Swagsurfin - Every time Swag trolls Alumnus successfully, you finish your drink.
astroboy - "Let's play some LEAGUE" - take a drink
azuki - Drink when he buys his Boots of Travel, another when he gets nullstone
Puppetyuber - every time he DCs (even as a spec) take a shot
Pillowknight - when he calls for a Concede vote, take a drink
Meteorain - 1 drink per bout of euro-rage
Rumblebuffin - Latin lecture, take a drink
bzm - When either "crunched", "anal laceration" or "ass devastation" are mentioned, you take a drink
LAMARCUS - for each poor attempt to stay in character, take a full swig, you're going to need it
Shame the drinking night never happened.

Gafhosues are a nonstop stream of inter- and intra-team shittalking. I was the first two kills in the arachna v nymphora game. You think I heard about it? You bet your ass I did. But instead of taking it personally or making excuses (because no1curr about excuses) I manned the fuck up and came back to crush kids with major damage and three orbs. Truth be told, monkeyking never had a shadow of a hope against shadow shaman. Did we rub it in? you bet your ass we did. But if you get so buttcut when you lose because of the random, maybe you should play a less competitive game. Like solitaire.
The best post Kapura ever made.
Archie said:
Meteorain's greatest MOBA moment.
I'm only satisfied when I hit 600-700 gpm
i thought we weren't going to see you around when dota2 comes out. make like your HoN and uninstall yourself from this thread.
One of the few posts that Astro made in the thread, but one of the best.
swag plz, the only thing ur good at is talking on the mic saying how farmed the other team is
The only time Meeru ever tried to ether someone in the thread.

Fromthefuture said:
Yuber showing his true colors, also let us never forget Yuber being stuck in the IHL dumpster.

PYCyz.jpg

Fromthefuture said:
Inner Sanjay Creep coming out

Swag said:
Thanks for the legendary mad in mumble though, I'll be sure to record it next time.
Don't worry I'm more than happy to say I'll never give it to you. You condescending prick.
The worst MrMr ever got.

get motivated.
k we seriously need a neki wordfilter that deletes any post he makes that starts with "get" or follows the form "x gonna x"
Swag said:
We wouldn't see 98% of Neki's posts then, he doesn't post anything of substance unless the thread has the word "pony" in the title or OP
Neki Exposed

The Memes
Kagete said:
Neki said:
Kagete said:
Kagete said:
Kagete said:

Again Sanjay showing his true colors
Swag said:

The second best thing Kapura has ever posted
Kapura said:

Procarbine said:

Swag said:
Even outside of GAF people know how bad Pillow is

Yo we can play whatever game we fucking want. We're not going to sit around in hon IH's listening to you bitch nonstop just because you set your night aside to play and are feeding.
funny you talk about keeping noobs separate when you stat reset every time you get close to a bracket with decent players
are u really that buttmad that he didnt circlejerk ur submission
well in that case, he told you why in his fucking post, but if you decided to read it instead of trying to be a sassy bitch maybe you wouldnt come off looking like a buttmad retard
Some of the best BZM Reel Tawk

I won't be on much the next couple weeks due to my work giving me a ton of hours... everyone at my job decided early August to all go on vacation... at the same time.
I'll be back this week to play with you guys, my 'work week' is finally over tomorrow.

And yes my birthday was Friday I'm 20 now.
I'm taking a short road trip up to the mountain for the day, I'll be back around 6pm pacific time.
The MrMr live blogging to let us know when the next time everyone can dodge him would be.

I know I'm not HON-Gaf but I like browsing this thread from time to time to see what you guys talk about. MrMister, honest question: What turns you off of Dota 2? I played very briefly with you and never got the chance to get to know you outside of a few lines in mumble. Any of the other pure HoN players like Swiftlame can answer too. I'm seriously just curious, no judgements attached. I ask because I'd love to see better players start joining in GAF games to help raise the skill level.

So. Anything specifically holding you guys back from Dota 2? You guys think you're ever going to transition over?
The final dagger from Milk that killed the thread.

And the amazing iSketch moments.
Moodyshuffle said:
Sanjay said:
Sanjay said:
Sanjay said:

Fucken Nostalgia

IceMarker

I feel like such an asshole now :/

I gotta say, if it weren't for all the shit you guys put up with me learning HoN and improving with playing and queueing with you guys constantly over the course of March 2011 - March 2012 I wouldn't be the decent player I am today. So thanks.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I feel like such an asshole now :/

I gotta say, if it weren't for all the shit you guys put up with me learning HoN and improving with playing and queueing with you guys constantly over the course of March 2011 - March 2012 I wouldn't be the decent player I am today. So thanks.

From what I've seen the training is really paying off against dem bots.

Neki

Bots are superior to humans in almost all regards, whether it comes to last hitting, denying, coordination and team fights. They're the epitome of DotA. There is also 100% less trash talking from bots.

IceMarker

Hey those bots know how to gank and push better than the average solo queue MM players. ;P
EDIT: What Ultimoo said.

I just don't have the brass to solo queue, I do in HoN but for some reason I'm still afraid to dip my toes in DOTA 2 MM.

Top Bottom