• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What gems are trapped on last generation? (PS360)

images

Is on PC.

RootCause

OP has some fine examples.
I'd like to add
3D Dot Game Heroes, best top down zelda since Minish Cap.
Folklore
Heavenly Sword
MGR
DarkSouls
Metal gear Legacy collection
Silent Hill games
ZOE HD
Condemned
Mass Effect
I'm sure I'm missing more.

This and Yakuza are the main ones for me.
EX Troopers did so poorly in Japan and never got a localization so there's no chance it'll ever get ported. Just waiting for RPCS3 to get good enough to run it.
Love the LP series, I bought that one, but never got around to playing it. How does it compare the original trilogy?

OP has some fine examples.
I'd like to add
3D Dot Game Heroes, best top down zelda since Minish Cap.
Folklore
Heavenly Sword
MGR
DarkSouls
Metal gear Legacy collection
Silent Hill games
ZOE HD
Condemned
Mass Effect

I'm sure I'm missing more.

Love the LP series, I bought that one, but never got around to playing it. How does it compare the original trilogy?

Aaand these are on PC as well.

Tarrin

A lot of Suda games.

Shadows of the Damned.
Lollipop Chainsaw.
No More Heroes 1 (and 2).
Killer7 (even though it's two gens ago).

Oh, and the HD versions of God of War 1, 2, and the PSP games. Why would you remaster 3 and not all of them Sony? Why?

AniHawk

maybe it is on xb1 bc but i am doing the gen 7 gotg voting thread and strangely red dead redemption is the highest rated game stuck on last gen.

FinalAres

So you dont mind GT5/6 as there's GT Sport coming, but you said that Ni No Kuni is locked in previous generation? There's Ni No Kuni 2 coming soon.

Ni No Kuni 2 is an entirely different story, characters, I imagine a fully redesigned world. Playing NNK2 will be a completely different experience to NNK1.

GTSport like most sport franchises are iterative. For the most part, each time you're just playing a better version of the previous game.

RedSwirl

This thread just shows how much further Xbox One BC has to go, why we need BC, and that at some point the PS3 really does need to be emulated. I'm gonna need to keep my PS3 around for a long time it looks like. Hell, there are probably still tons of good PS2 games that are trapped on either that system, that's era, or PCSX2.

All those PS2 remasters are stuck on PS3 and 360 now too, mostly PS3. Part of the point of them was preserving those games. If the MGS collection got on the Xbox BC list I'd probably double dip.

Even for someone who owns a PC, Xbox BC is looking like a life saver if it can get a few more games on there. That might end up being the main reason I get an Xbox One or a Scorpio. I'm just holding onto my 360 because of a handful of games that I can still only play on it.

Man, console game generations are dumb sometimes.

Giga Man

Yeah... I'm gonna throw a few Wii and Wii U games in here because Wii was last gen, and the Wii U was current gen but made obsolete by the Switch.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Pokken Tournament (and they won't add the 4 extra characters from the Japan-exclusive arcade version)
The Wonderful 101

I would love to list GameCube games since they were playable on Wii, but that's going a bit far.

Cels

if a game is on PC and can be bought right this moment on steam, origin, etc, how is it trapped on last gen consoles?

talking about games that others have actually mentioned in this thread like like cod mw 2/3, pac man championship edition dx, the saboteur, dark souls, metal gear rising, mass effect, dead space, etc.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yeah... I'm gonna throw a few Wii and Wii U games in here because Wii was last gen, and the Wii U was current gen but made obsolete by the Switch.

Pokken Tournament (and they won't add the 4 extra characters from the Japan-exclusive arcade version)
The Wonderful 101

I would love to list GameCube games since they were playable on Wii, but that's going a bit far.

this plus S&P2

Guys, Catherine is already available on XB1.

As for real "trapped" games:
Ninja Gaiden black
Ninja Gaiden II
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Naruto: The Broken Bond (don't look at me like that, both games are pretty good)
Anarchy Reigns
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Persona 4 Arena

The Wonderful 101

Would put money on Pokken and TF being announced soon as 40 dollar ports for Switch, or in pokkens case, an upgraded port + 4 arcade chars.

Ritzboof

it looks like armored core 4 thru verdict day are stuck on ps360, which is a huge shame. i have armored core 4A and its amazing

this is why i want all these games to be on PC. seeing games lose their ability to be readily enjoyed by new people pains me greatly

Top Bottom