• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Game Informer details [Up2: Exploration Skills?]

Simzyy

Man I am loving the character designs. And the alpha footage looks alot more realistic than the sort of cartoony style of DA2 which I wasn't a fan of. So far Bioware doing all the right things. Hope they do add Qunari as a playable race.

H3xum

Something I just thought of...

Will they somehow be able to get your previous save files from 360 to next gen?

I hope there is some solution to that, otherwise that kind of blows.

Okay so looking at bit more at their forum: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...n/Exploration-skill-trees-pic-17108452-1.html

Exploration Skill Toolbox:

bav8.png

My eyes need a bigger image.

Vagabundo

After swearing off EA/Bioware, I have to say that DA3 has tweaked my nipp^H^H interest.

And DORFS are back baby, yeah....

Did anyone else catch the small bit where Laidlaw said the first arc in the series is five games long?

Or was that general "we have this much planned out for the series" talk?

New video up on the return of races:

One of the most beloved aspects of Dragon Age: Origins was the option to select your race. Choosing between a human, dwarf, or elf (and playing through their various origin stories) personalized each player's experience in the world of Thedas. The absence of racial choices in Dragon Age 2 was a sore point with fans. During our studio visit, BioWare was proud to announce that Dragon Age: Inquisition brings the feature back – contrary to its previous claims that players would once again be human-only.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...eturn-of-races-in-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

King Boo

loved dragon age origins. skipped 2. but i'm really liking the 3rd installment just from reading about it. i think it's time i stop checking up on this game, and forget everything i've seen.

perhaps i'll get dragon age 2, although it's going to suck playing that. but i do like how the saves carries over (unless i read it wrong).

yami4ct

Something I just thought of...

Will they somehow be able to get your previous save files from 360 to next gen?

I hope there is some solution to that, otherwise that kind of blows.

I don't see a reason that they wouldn't have some update to DA2 or maybe even another app that lets you upload your save to EAs servers and they can read all your save flags from there. That would be the easiest way to go about it. The save files with all the flags aren't that massive.

Obviously early, early. But:

WARRIOR:
Strength (4 trees of 4,3,2,3), Base (1 tree of 4), Toughness (3 trees of.... 3?)

ROGUE:
Assault (3 Trees of 3), Lockpicking (2 trees of 1,3)

MAGE:
Emergency (3 trees of 4,5,2), looks like Dimple (3 trees of 1,1,3), Creatures (3 trees of 2,1,2)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

WARRIOR:
Strength (4 trees of 4,3,2,3), Base (1 tree of 4), Toughness (3 trees of.... 3?)

ROGUE:

MAGE:
Emergency (3 trees of 4,5,2), looks like Dimple (3 trees of 1,1,3), Creatures (3 trees of 2,1,2)

Dispel maybe ?

Raphael

WARRIOR:

ROGUE:

MAGE:
Emergency (3 trees of 4,5,2), looks like Dispel (3 trees of 1,1,3), Creatures (3 trees of 2,1,2)

I guess.

Story events happen because characters do things to make them happen. The conflicts of a story happen because of the characters. You don't create a conflict first and then figure out how characters fit into that. You create characters and then figure out what they do to make things happen.

If anyone wonders, this is 100% true. Totally agree.

Sothpaw

Not at all happy with the NPC's they have shown so far. Varrick is a boring beardless dwarf. Then we have a waif of a girl who can supposedly swing a sword. Those two won't see the light of day in my party.

The new mage could be interesting at least. Hmm, as long as they make an interesting (not whore pirate please) rogue then I could roll a manly dwarven tank and have a well balanced and enjoyable party.

Someone should really make a new thread for it ^

I've already made my share for today, but I think it deserves its own attention since many are skeptical of the tactics and combat. Lot of new footage in there.

gogosox8

That was really promising. I would still like the isometric look and NO SPAWNING ENEMIES BEHIND ME FOR NO DAMN REASON. The environments already look more varied than what was in DA2 and I like the art design better Inquisition (well what we've seen so far looks better than DA2). Looks to be really promising. GET HYPED!!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Refining Tactics: The Combat of Dragon Age: Inquisition
As someone who hasn't really kept up with all the news they've been releasing and someone who skipped out on DA2 partly because of the combat changes from DA:O PC, that video sucked a lot of the hype I had for the game. Seeing no isometric camera view, no hotkey bar, the awful AOE attack circle while the camera is in third person, and the 3 play testers all using a controller to play was depressing. It just reminded me of the crappy combat in console DA: Origins.

Any idea if the PC version will be the same as the console version like DA2? Or are they gonna give more options in the PC version like they did with DA:O?

Top Bottom