• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor fight finalized for Aug. 26 - It's on!

Chumley

Banned
If all you needed was belief, skill wouldn't play much of a part in it : /

I mean, it'd be "fun" to see Floyd get KO'd...but he understands the science of boxing in a way Conor simply cannot at this point.

I don't really care. Floyd is a detestable person and Conor has KO power, I want to see it happen and all it takes is one punch.

Let me pre-empt the "prepare to be dissapointed" replies. I know the odds. I don't care.

Floyd in round 1
Ehh, doubt it. Don't get me wrong, Floyd is going to clown him, I say that as a huge Conor fan, but Floyd isn't going to KO him early. I can see Conor getting exhausted after throwing huge shots out of frustration, and then Floyd knocks him down for the count.

Only way this one ends in round one is if Conor takes him down and gets DQed, but that would probably effect his purse, so that ain't happening.

The interviews are going to be legendary.

What are the rules?

If it's just boxing then it will be easy for Floyd. But since it's a joke fight they gotta make it mildly entertaining. No one has been seriously training for this fight and now it's only a couple months away. There's no time, but alas the marketing and hype will suck people in.

Hopeford

This is like Rocky if Rocky was an amateur and also rich as fuck and neither party had anything to lose in the match.

And yet I really wanna watch it.

Eanan

This fuckin guy ahahahahaha

vhxrGbI.png

Mrbob

I feel like this is all fixed. Mayweather will throw the first fight and it'll "shock the world". Yet all it will do is make him more money for the second and third fights against Connor. He is all about the money after all and him going down in the first fight makes the most financial sense.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The run up trash talk will never be topped, until the end of time.

The fight will end with Conor in a zipped bag, early.

Dana wants to cash out I guess, and doesn't give a damn about Conor's UFC career.

Maoyama

Banned
McGregor went from a poor nobody to a 2 weight champion and soon to be the richest MMA fighter in history in just over four years. That shit takes something truly special.

number11

Gotta hand it to Floyd.. he managed to find a fight worth millions, and it's probably gonna be the easiest fight of his career.

Boke1879

I don't even think Mayweather is going to knock him out.

Conor is pretty much going to have to hope he lands a lucky hit on the chin that knocks the man out.

He'll get tired just from chasing Floyd around the ring. I fully believe Floyd will take this fight serious.

I wonder what circus fights they can get for the undercard? Rogan vs Snipes? Bob Sapp vs 12 little people? 8-man Battle Royal?

Miles X

Expecting connor to lose, like everyone else. Hoping and will be delighted if he wins though .... like everyone else.

Chuckl3s

My bet will be that the fight never happens. Something is going to happen prior and the whole thing will be canceled.

Afrikan

GOD DAMMMMMIT

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu

I'm going to be out of the country and I'm sure the place I'm going to be is not going be carrying this... and interent is bad..

I'm going to miss Cormier vs Jones rematch and this fight.....FUCK MY LIFE!!!

Farsi

Amazing, I'm saving my cash for GGG-Canelo but it's gonna awesome watching this at a bar full of casuals.

Brandwin

I would laugh if Floyd gets knocked out 😂
I would too.

I don't even think Mayweather is going to knock him out.

Conor is pretty much going to have to hope he lands a lucky hit on the chin that knocks the man out.

He'll get tired just from chasing Floyd around the ring. I fully believe Floyd will take this fight serious.

Yeah, I doubt Floyd knocks him out, but he will dominate the fight.

Eanan

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over."
Well played Conor, ya legend you.

Gone from living on the dole, to being one half of the biggest combat sports event of all time.

In about 4 years.

Rvaan

Banned
If Conor wins by KO Twitter will melt. The heat from all the hot takes that would arise from that happening could power the USA for the next year.

Boke1879

Amazing, I'm saving my cash for GGG-Canelo but it's gonna awesome watching this at a bar full of casuals.

So many people and so many bars are going to make money that night.

Say what you want about Floyd, but he knows business and he knows how to make money. People literally pay in hopes that he'll lose because they hate him so much.

Top Bottom