• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

MYE

Higher res box for all to see:

PalMK8Box.jpg

Lovin' it.

Does Nintendo know how to do box arts or what?!

VyE5SqE.jpg

Mariolee

Nintendo has been killing it with their box art but...

I'm not sure I like Mario's face in it. It reminds me way too much of the realistic Mario depiction. It also feels like Mario was drawn while the other characters are 3-D models. Something's just off.

Kriken

Does Nintendo know how to do box arts or what?!

Someone had way too much fun with the bucket feature in Paint when making the NA version of WWHD
Not that I dislike it, but there has to be a better compromise between the European and American box art

Also, that Mario Kart 8 box art is pretty cool and better than the box arts for the past 3 Mario Karts

Hermii

This is probably another case of Japanese box art trying to look cute and US box art trying to look bad ass, but I really don't like Marios expression.

Mario is supposed to look like he is having fun.

Silkworm

This is probably another case of Japanese box art trying to look cute and US box art trying to look bad ass, but I really don't like Marios expression.

Is Mario starting to get the N. America Kirby facial treatment?

Its kind of amazing how little they ever use aa but silky 60fps is worth it if that's the tradeoff.

3D World was a big improvement over Pikmin 3 in terms of jaggies so hopefully it's a lot cleaner in the final build. 60fps is king though, I couldn't get into Sonic Racing because it felt slow esp with the frame drops.

In the latest IGN Nintendo Voice Chat podcast, Peer let slip that the online numbers for Mario Kart 7 were comparable to the top Xbox Live titles. Hopefully, Nintendo realizes this and puts modern features into the game. Maybe different lobbies with both items and non-items. Battle Modes with free for all and teams. Voice chat. Etc.

Isn't that sort of thing handled already by having different Communities?

I can't help but be bothered by the lack of characters on the boxart. It's giving me this... emptiness vibe. But otherwise, it's pretty great.

udivision

You need to look at more Mario.

<---This expression is pretty common for him.

Mlatador

Banned
I hope the balancing improves further. I mean, I do know it's fucking hard to balance Mario Kart (almost impossible) and it's already a little miracle how fairly balanced MK7 is, but the metal mario (or any other heavy) + bdasher + red monster tires + whatever glider is still a little bit overpowered combo. Way too many high ranked players are using it.

So, I just got an email from Amazon that they have a new release date and I can expect it between April 16 and April 19?

Is Nintendo pushing Mario Kart 8 out earlier than expected?

Davey Cakes

That would be...something else. Over a whole month bump for release?

I wish I could check my email.

Okay, the site is actually saying "get it April 22nd."

WHAAAT?

Its kind of amazing how little they ever use aa but silky 60fps is worth it if that's the tradeoff.

Totally agree. Wii U is a great console for 720p/60. DKC TF looks really good.

Too busy with DKC TF at the moment, even left SM3DW and LoZ WW HD for a moment, but will get Pikmin 3 and W101 to round my Wii U collection. Will also pick up Batman AC and Splinter Cell Black List.

MK8 will just be the cherry on top.

Has MKTV been announced at all? I've not been following this game 100% at all. I ask since looking at the Amazon UK page for MK8 and it mentions MKTV being something you can use to share highlight videos on Miiverse.

Were you under a rock Son?

Yes, you can share replays through Mario Kart TV, it is a great feature!!

You can also send and watch DKC TF replays for speed runs in case you did not know.

edit: Don´t think it is a network or miiverse feature but implemented on a game by game basis.

Davey Cakes

My order said delivery June 3rd still. So, I canceled it then ordered it again and was even able to apply my Amazon Points to it.

Now saying April 16-22 for delivery.

Let's see how this pans out....

Top Bottom