• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 5 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont forget about the killing you guys

mad-men-vomit-o.gif

Is the killing really that bad? I thought it looked like a shameless rip off Twin Peaks but was semi-interested in it.

I watched the first three or four episodes. It takes FOREVER for anything to happen and neither the plot nor the characters were really that interesting to me at least.

Is the killing really that bad? I thought it looked like a shameless rip off Twin Peaks but was semi-interested in it.

You know how in police procedurals and medical dramas, you can find out if they caught the right thing by how much time is left in the episode?

It was like that, but for an entire season,
and then it turns out to be a season ending cliff hanger.

Acrylamid

Today my Mad Men rewatch ends and I'm really psyched for the premiere of season 5!

I really liked revisiting a show I watched before and I think of doing the same thing with The Sopranos. I enjoy reading insightful reviews after watching an episode... but I don't know about any site that covered The Sopranos in the early seasons.
Does anyone have a good link?

Empty

Today my Mad Men rewatch ends and I'm really psyched for the premiere of season 5!

I really liked revisiting a show I watched before and I think of doing the same thing with The Sopranos. I enjoy reading insightful reviews after watching an episode... but I don't know about any site that covered The Sopranos in the early seasons.
Does anyone have a good link?

they weren't done when the episodes were first shown but the av club has done reviews for sopranos episodes in seasons 1-5

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/the-sopranos,107/

Acrylamid

giga

I might do a re watch of some of my favorite episodes before this Sunday. The Suitcase, The Summer Man, The Good News, Blowing Smoke, Tomorrowland…

And that's only season 4. Show is too good.

"Hands and Knees" is tough to watch with this stuff between Lane and his dad.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Don's complete meltdown when the government starts background checks and Lee Garner pulls the plug on the Lucky Strike account.

Thanks. My gif collection is on another computer. ;)

I might do a re watch of some of my favorite episodes before this Sunday. The Suitcase, The Summer Man, The Good News, Blowing Smoke, Tomorrowland…

And that's only season 4. Show is too good.
No Waldorf Stories? That episode is magical, especially the flashbacks
lol.gif

"Hands and Knees" is tough to watch with this stuff between Lane and his dad.
Yeah, I always skip those scenes during rewatches. Poor Lane :-(

The real best show on television returns in July but this is a nice warm-up. Like when your favourite comedian gets a slightly inferior comedian to get the crowd ready!

- New York Times live chat with Weiner and some of the cast this evening
Get an inside look at the smart, sexy world of 1960s Madison Avenue advertising and the new season of the award-winning series with “Mad Men” creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner and cast members Jon Hamm, January Jones, John Slattery, Vincent Kartheiser, Jared Harris and Christina Hendricks. Moderated by New York Times culture reporter Dave Itzkoff.

Tune in here to watch the live webcast on Tues, March 20 at 6:30 PM ET.

Acrylamid

The real best show on television returns in July but this is a nice warm-up. Like when your favourite comedian gets a slightly inferior comedian to get the crowd ready!

Last time I checked, Arrested Development won't return until 2013.

I can't be trolled to say anything disrespectful about Breaking Bad, I like it just so much.

He meant Louie, not Breaking Bad.
I can't say anything disrespectful about Louie, either. Damn you, GAF and your good taste in TV.

Note: that article does spoil when S5 starts and the time gap between S4/S5 if you do the math. Apparently that mystery is a big part of the premiere, so read at your own risk. Please spoiler tag any discussion of the time related stuff. Thanks.

For those curious about the article - the critics told Weiner that one of the songs he picked for the premiere wasn't released until six months after the episode takes place, so he swapped a new song in for the broadcast premiere.

giga

Speaking of the premiere, Jennifer Getzinger is directing and Wiener wrote it.

Getzinger directed The Gypsy and the Hobo, The Good News, and The Suitcase. My heart…

Mangotron

So I've been rewatching this before the premier and I came across a bit in (I think) the last episode of S2 that I didn't quite get.

Does Joan actually get "raped" by her fiance in Don's office while he's in Cali? There were so many flashbacks in that episode that I couldn't tell if the odd splicing at the end of it meant that she was just imagining it, or if it actually happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom