• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 5 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cast ringing the bell at the NYSE:

8WdBz.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/NYSE_Euronext/status/182482119765934081/photo/1

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm sort of surprised that Kiernan Shipka is being invited to all of these cast interviews and bell ringings and such. I'm guessing that means her role in season 5 will be significant larger than in previous seasons...?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm sort of surprised that Kiernan Shipka is being invited to all of these cast interviews and bell ringings and such. I'm guessing that means her role in season 5 will be significant larger than in previous seasons...?

She got promoted to regular cast last year I think

I was listening to her when she was on the Today Show earlier this week (late last week? can't remember) and she seems to be developing a kind of valley girl accent. Wonder if you'll be able to notice it this season.

finished season 4 last night. Oh Don.

Can't wait for the season premier. Might watch a few episodes from the past before the premiere. Don looks so much older now than in season 1. Noticed that when I watched one of the trailers.

Title, no raise of course.
My favorite fanmade trailer is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjgUwYxE2jY (Scenes from season 1, song from season 2).

Yeah, I really liked that trailer as well when I watched it a while back and have been watching it on and off ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesjh3LXSKM

this trailer is really, really great

It looks like this one is made by the same guy, Lyle Goodale.

I've looked at his stuff before (he has his own website with trailers - from what I can tell it's a little out of date though).

All of it is great and there are some more Mad Men trailers up on it. It looks like he is working on some more trailers as well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What is the song from that trailer?

NM, found it in the comments: 40 Day Dream-Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

Probably shouldn't have turned those off lol.

- Sepinwall review: 'Mad Men' returns in fine form for season
And as it returns on Sunday, it is still specific, and peculiar, and the same "Mad Men" it ever was. It is smart and funny in some moments, sad and ugly in others. It is meticulously, beautifully observed. It understands its characters intimately, and recognizes that its viewers understand them as well and don't need to be spoon-fed. (Many of the best moments in the premiere, as they've been for the life of the series, come from silence, or from what isn't being said.) It has a deep, versatile cast that it uses tremendously. It is great to look at, and listen to.

It is, after all this time, "Mad Men." And despite all the comings and goings on TV in the last 17 months, despite the great work being done on FX and HBO and Showtime, the premiere suggests that the only other show that belongs with it in the discussion for the best drama on television is the same one we were talking about last season. There is "Breaking Bad," and there is — finally, thankfully, exceptionally — "Mad Men," and then there is everything else.

Mangotron

Could be just a reporter that doesn't know anything about the show but the Details FB page has a possible spoiler.

**Possible MAJOR Spoiler**

"Hot off the presses, our interview with actress Alison Brie (aka, Don Draper's new squeeze on the forthcoming season of "Mad Men")." http://www.facebook.com/detailsmag

Mangotron

Yeah I'm kind of assuming it's not true, because it implies a pretty big leak somewhere, and they keep this show under pretty tight wraps. I updated the description since it is pretty big if true.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
He's only sent out the premiere to reviewers - and he's pretty crazy about spoilers since that magazine spoiled last seasons premiere.

Mangotron

He's only sent out the premiere to reviewers - and he's pretty crazy about spoilers since that magazine spoiled last seasons premiere.

Oh, good. I was afraid it was revealing some season-long arc. Unless she leaked it...

But holy shit... my mind is going crazy with possibilities if it's true. :eek:

Mangotron

Facebook page is updated with this:

Whoops, let's try this again ... Hot off the presses, our interview with actress Alison Brie, who plays Pete Campbell's wife on "Mad Men."

Either a coverup, or a missprint. I'm guessing the latter.

Facebook page is updated with this:

Whoops, let's try this again ... Hot off the presses, our interview with actress Alison Brie, who plays Pete Campbell's wife on "Mad Men."

Either a coverup, or a missprint. I'm guessing the latter.

I'm guessing the latter too. It doesn't seem to be even a remotely plausible plot for the show.

Vyer

I read it, but yeah, that's either a 'correction' or someone trying to cover their ass. Either way I would recommend no one read that spoiler.

Breaking Bad might be my favorite thriller ever, but watching Mad Men is an experience that no other entertainment can replicate. It also might be the greatest water cooler show ever, so I'm excited for this thread to take off. Sunday is too far away.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just finished season 3 during my re-watch in a week. The finale is so good when they start the idea to make their own office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom