• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

belvedere

Junior Butler
Planet address?

xnqcgppss3fz.jpg

magawolaz

The closer you sit, the wider your FOV should be. Think of your TV as a window into the world you're looking at, and ideally you would want the in-game FOV to match your real-life FOV with regards to the screen:

screenshot2017-08-11aj1sjo.png

This would make it feel the most "natural".
6qhCWgIm.jpg

Sand planet glimpse.

DG9Jjb9XcAAHisv.jpg%3Alarge
Oh that's nice. Curious to see how the grenade launcher works on sand - I've always assumed they removed sand planets before launch because the fluidity of sand couldn't be reproduced...

OmegaFax

Difference I noticed with creative mode is suit expansions cost money instead of being free.

My base was still there but the planet changed to something a little less hospitable and all of my recruits disappeared.

mauaus

Never thought i would be excited again for NMS, got a refund back then after 20 hours, willing to jump back in for $24

akileese

Nah, I think it's obvious that they will at least expand the co-op functionality. This is laying the foundation for that. But maybe the story stuff and all that is done now.

Yeah. I think the story stuff is done and from here on out, it'll be about QOL. I could see an actual fully fleshed out co-op update and then no idea where they go from there.

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ
GoG update summoning
༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ
GoG update summoning
༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ
GoG update summoning
༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ
GoG update summoning
༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Come on!

Just a reminder there's no multiplayer on GoG.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah. I think the story stuff is done and from here on out, it'll be about QOL. I could see an actual fully fleshed out co-op update and then no idea where they go from there.

Sounds like a great time to jump back in if this is indeed the case.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Oh ? How does this work? I did the atlas path on vanilla no mans sky at launch.

I believe you are hailed/notified in game, maybe when flying. I haven't played it myself yet but someone commented that the game prompts you to ask if you want to follow a story path or just explore.

Unicorn

Anything cloud related ? Is the transition from space to ground any better?

Oh yeah! Cloud tech was supposed to be in the works months and months and months ago.

fingers crossed. I was hoping to play for about 30 mins before work, but I guess fucking NOT STEAM

OuterLimits

it's been a while since I played but isn't that an option in the settings?

Maybe it was and I never changed it. Lol. Not that I minded Celsius.

Liking the new look. Still not thrilled about being able to summon your ship anywhere in Survival, but I will get over it.

Since they're pretty big on procedural generation (e.g the new procedural mission stuff), I can see them shooting for some sort of procedural storytelling in the future.

Sakura

As someone who was bummed by the game when it came out, this update sounds like the kind of stuff I want to hear.
Maybe it is time to give the game another chance. (after DQXI)

c0Zm1c

I hope we eventually get the smoother space to surface transitions seen in those early trailers, such as in the Galaxy trailer. Perhaps it's just not possible but I can still hope.

Nah I prefer the longer one we have. Entering a planet's atmosphere shouldn't happen in a blink of an eye. I remember that being one of the only things that bothered me in the early trailers

What I meant is I hope they can smooth out the transitions visually. What we have now, with tiles expanding outwards and popping in increasing detail as we descend gradually towards a planet's surface, looks incredibly ugly.

I'm trying the new update out now and, funnily enough, this transition is greatly improved now. Gone are those horrid tiles popping in and out and in it's place it appears to switch more seamlessly between different resolution surface texturing. It's not as nice as in those early trailers but it doesn't look bad at all I think.

Necro900

Wonder if we're done with the updates. What do people think?

There's more on the way, apparently!
Also, I wouldn't mind having psvr support :p I hope that's in the oven, at least on pspro. Though they'd still need to fine tune the game to keep stable 60fps and reproject, since right now i don't think 60fps at 1080p on pro is rock solid.

"While interaction with others is currently very limited, this is an important first step into the world of synchronous co-op in No Man’s Sky."

G8GNVPI.jpg

I am so glad I stuck with this game.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out now.

I just logged my 100th hour of gameplay last night and I haven't even played this patch yet for myself.

I can't wait to get this damn work day over with. 8 more hours to goooo!!!!!!!

Top Bottom