• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

JP Losman

vCxCP9b.gif

I don't think there's fixing what's wrong with the league's product unless there's a magic fountain of not shit coaches. Not just head coaches, coaches on down the line (there's clearly no good QB coaches considering the garbage level of play the last few years).

jwhit28

I don't think there's fixing what's wrong with the league's product unless there's a magic fountain of not shit coaches. Not just head coaches, coaches on down the line (there's clearly no good QB coaches considering the garbage level of play the last few years).

The college ranks aren't a good minor league system anymore. College QBs are calling simple plays with simple reads and o-linemen only need to block for a few seconds. Combine this with less full contact practice time and less first team snaps during preseason and you get the modern NFL.

The college ranks aren't a good minor league system anymore. College QBs are calling simple plays with simple reads and o-linemen only need to block for a few seconds. Combine this with less full contact practice time and less first team snaps during preseason and you get the modern NFL.

It's gonna get worse too, not better.

Their pursuit of the almighty dollar and that mythical "$25B in gross revenue' has destroyed the league. It's only a matter of time, idk if there's saving it anymore

haimon

I still maintain that Kap is a bad quarterback who really shouldn't be starter.

But evidence like this really makes me consider changing that opinion.
Just to remind you (specifically about the 49ers) Kap decided to opt out of his contracts with them...

Clockwork5

Just a friendly reminder that Travis Kelce jumped 15 feet through the air, over three Philadelphia Eagles and scored a touchdown.

UQmzw44.gif

Jarnet87

Case Keenum is Bucs kryptonite. 2-0 against Jaboo. It's time for the 2017 NFC South Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers to get over their fears.

Bandini

Case Keenum is Bucs kryptonite. 2-0 against Jaboo. It's time for the 2017 NFC South Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers to get over their fears.

The first time was against a Lovie Smith defense, the second time was a weird aberration where the Rams somehow put up 37 points. It was also the 3rd game in a brand new defense, one that started off sloppy and got a lot stronger as the season went on. I'd much rather see Keenum start than Bradford. Go Bucs.

Zeke

Pretty good article on Eddie Lacy and weight struggle made me feel for dude after reading it. Its a pretty good read.
"I could pull up my Twitter right now and there would be a fat comment in there somewhere," he says. "Like I could tweet, 'Today is a beautiful day!' and someone would be like, 'Oh yeah? You fat.' I sit there and wonder: 'What do you get out of that?'"

Someone searched through his Twitter account and noticed that back in college he had an affinity for Chinese food, and he loved tweeting about it. They screenshotted every tweet and made a collage that quickly went viral.

"I always called it China food," Lacy, 27, says with a grin. "There is no way around it, I love sesame chicken and shrimp fried rice so much. It's awesome."

When Lacy left the Packers in free agency and signed with Seattle, agreeing to periodic weigh-ins as part of a one-year contract laden with incentives, his fight to shed the pounds he'd put on after ankle surgery became something of a recurring national joke. He stood to make $55,000 every time he hit a weight goal, but at some point he started to feel indifferent about the money. Instead, the monthly ritual of turning his weight into a public spectacle began to feel a bit like a public shaming.

"You just can't shake it," he says. "And no matter what, you can't say nothing back to them. You just have to read it, get mad or however it makes you feel, and move on. I could be 225 and they'd still be like, 'You're still a fat piece of s -- .'"

"Sometimes I wish I was a person with high metabolism who could just eat whatever they want and can't gain a pound," Lacy says. "You've got certain teammates who are like, 'Man, it don't matter what I eat, I can't gain weight.' And I'm like, 'It don't matter what kind of diet I'm on, it's super hard for me to lose weight, and it's so easy for me to put it back on.'"
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...hawks-eddie-lacy-opens-public-struggle-weight

bionic77

One more month until Odyssey.

I want to thank all the JCBs who believed in me. We did it! Look what the boys did!

And to BG. Stay off our rooftops you trifling no knowing biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Sephzilla

Your opinion is baffling when guys like Hoyer have had lucrative careers sucking at every stop and keep getting chances to play and start.

I have no idea how anyone can still think this.

He could be a bad QB and STILL be better than several starters in the league right now, let alone backups.

More proof: Josh McCown is a starting QB for the Jets. 38 years old with a 18-44 record in starts.

Outside of 2015 when he was clearly hurt, Colin's stats have been pretty consistent across his career

He's the type of QB who needs to be in the proper system, but he's clearly better then a QB like Hoyer.

Hell, I'd take Alex Smith back in SF in a heartbeat. Hoyer's bringing me back to the days of JT O'Sullivan, Tim Rattay and the dreck of QB's they had from the day Jeff Garcia was released to when Harbaugh showed up.

Fuck Brian Hoyer.

I think both Hoyer and Kap are not good QBs.

But yeah, Hoyer is trash and has zero business in the league over someone like Kap. I'll admit I underestimated how trash the bottom tier QBs would be this year, so yeah, Kap should be on a team right now

bionic77

Anime baby! ANIME!
Ninja you are blessed to have access to the rooftops.

From the tops of these blessed roofs you can get all the service a JCB could ever dream of while looking down from up high to down below on mark ass busters like BG. You can see the busters' bald spots and how they live and what they eat (straight up trash).

You have all that and yet you try and defame the JCBs with anime?

You better than this Ninja. You are not some ignorant boy from Ohio. You were educated with the game of Magic, Ced and Kobe.

Cmon boi! You better than that. Strap and get ready for the Odyssey. We gots work to do!

Ninja you are blessed to have access to the rooftops.

From the tops of these blessed roofs you can get all the service a JCB could ever dream of while looking down from up high to down below on mark ass busters like BG. You can see the busters' bald spots and how they live and what they eat (straight up trash).

You have all that and yet you try and defame the JCBs with anime?

You better than this Ninja. You are not some ignorant boy from Ohio. You were educated with the game of Magic, Ced and Kobe.

Cmon boi! You better than that. Strap and get ready for the Odyssey. We gots work to do!

but you like Zelda BOTW, and that's anime!

MechDX

Belichick on O'Brien: "I think he's done a pretty good job, with what he's had to work with."
Ouch.

Hoodie defending his protege

Suck it down Rick Smith

MechDX

That's code for you should have moved up for Jimmy G.

Its just amazing because it is a direct shot at Rick Smith

OB mentions often he still speaks with Belichik.

You joke about Jimmy but there are a couple draft stories about the relationship bewteen OB and Smith . OB wanted Jimmy at pick 2.1 smith convinced him he would be there at 3.1

Same draft after Rick shot down Jimmy they wanted o line. Offensive staff wanted Bitonio who went to Cleveland but Rick took Sua Filo who is now promptly terrible

Watkins and McLeod are both expected to miss Sundays game. Good thing the Eagles pass rush should be able to pressure Eli quick. I would hate to see what OBJ could do against our secondary.

Top Bottom