• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

lupinko

blazinglazers said:
:lol Fucking lol at the flame-out Doombriger pic!

R.I.P.

Stupid question: what's the story with "Wollan's View"?

Slightly stupid question in the face of such an amazing OP: is there really going to be no LE edition in North America?

Answer 1: Wollan is a big fan of Killzone in general, Guerrilla took notice of this and gave him props in the game.

Answer 2: No LE whatsoever.

Wow... very, very nice work on the first couple of posts. Especially the history part, really helps people who haven't played the previous two games (like me :p).

EagleEyes

What an amazing thread, well done. My hype meter is through the roof after playing the demo and Killzone 2 will easily be my most played PS3 game ever. Can't freaking wait.

andycapps

The Chef said:
Beautiful as always Bruce.

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR THIS GAME.
Ive played the demo like 75 times now.

Holy crap, I played it twice. Wanted to mess around with it a second time, but I don't want to wear out the demo. I'd like to still semi-enjoy that level when I play it in the full game.

_leech_ said:
Wow... very, very nice work on the first couple of posts. Especially the history part, really helps people who haven't played the previous two games (like me :p).

Yeah ... the history is really interesting too. I've read bits and pieces of it, but that was my first complete reading of it. Good stuff for sure.

I can't believe this game is almost upon us. West Coast GAF gonna kick some ass. :D

Core407 said:
The more you play the demo, the better the core gameplay gets.

totally agree. it feels perfect to me now. hitting moving targets is still difficult for me, but i think i'll get better at it. i'm really impressed with the cover system- never used one in an FPS before and I couldn't really imagine it working, but it's just so well implemented and feels totally fluid. now i can't imagine playing without it.

i can feel myself becoming more of a fanboy with each playthrough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome OP as usual. A couple questions about that theme. Are all of those images the rotating backgrounds for it? Also my flash drive never seems to be recognized, any tips on how to get the theme onto my PS3?

Nafai1123

Banned
An official thread worthy of a fuckawesome game. Well done Bruce! Reading all that backstory is making me so excited! 2 WEEKS! :D

Xater

RoboPlato said:
Awesome OP as usual. A couple questions about that theme. Are all of those images the rotating backgrounds for it? Also my flash drive never seems to be recognized, any tips on how to get the theme onto my PS3?

Is your flash drive not recognized or do you just find no files on it? If it is the latter press triangle and select "show everything" or something like that. I don't know what it says exactly.

hc2

EagleEyes said:
What an amazing thread, well done. My hype meter is through the roof after playing the demo and Killzone 2 will easily be my most played PS3 game ever. Can't freaking wait.

"My most played PS3 game ever" is a small universe, is it not? :D

F#A#Oo

Banned
Those of you who have ordered off ShopTo I recieved an e-mail from their customer services. Even though their current release date is 27th...the rep indicated their waiting on word whether they can align release with the rest of Europe which is the 26th. If this is the case then UK customers will actually be recieving the game on the 25th as ShopTo are a bit naughty and break release dates by a day as they ALWAYS ship for next day delivery. :D

DoomGyver

RoboPlato said:
You have to put themes in a file like this: PS3 --> THEME --> actual theme

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Xater said:
Is your flash drive not recognized or do you just find no files on it? If it is the latter press triangle and select "show everything" or something like that. I don't know what it says exactly.
That's exactly what happens. I'll try that later.

Also, apparently just taking out the knife counts as an attack. I pulled it out while playing the demo last night and accidentally nicked Garza.

Very impressive OP. Probably the best i've seen.

I never posted in the other thread, but I'm really looking forward to this game. The slower pace, heavy-feeling/intertia descriptions of the gameplay are exactly what I want to hear. This is the kind of FPS game I like more than any other. I'll give it a go with the DS3, but might have to look into an adapter for a Xbox 360 controller. I'm actually not going to play the demo I think and just wait it out. I already know it's going to be a game I will like, if not love so I want to go in fresh with the full retail version.

Anyway, time to dive into the massive info in the OP. Again, great job to everyone that contributed!

Xater

RoboPlato said:

Also, apparently just taking out the knife counts as an attack. I pulled it out while playing the demo last night and accidentally nicked Garza.

The my solution will work. The other way is to do the file structure the way the PS3 likes it. See the post from Full Recovery for that.

RoboPlato said:

If Alba releases the theme as one .p3t file couldn't you just navigate to the site with your PS3 and download it directly? I think it will recognize it as a theme and download it to the appropriate place.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
the_prime_mover said:
If Alba releases the theme as one .p3t file couldn't you just navigate to the site with your PS3 and download it directly? I think it will recognize it as a theme and download it to the appropriate place.
I'm having a lot of issues with the PSN and my campus network that I'm trying to get sorted out before the Killzone launch. I can log in but using the browser or actually playing games is impossible.

The Chef

RoboPlato said:

Totally, when you pull it out he slashes with it.

DoomGyver

RoboPlato said:
I'm having a lot of issues with the PSN and my campus network that I'm trying to get sorted out before the Killzone launch. I can log in but using the browser or actually playing games is impossible.
Campus firewall, you'll have to contact your campus tech services and have them free up your IP address, if they'll even let you.

They're normally a pain in the ass to deal with.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Full Recovery said:
Campus firewall, you'll have to contact your campus tech services and have them free up your IP address, if they'll even let you.

They're normally a pain in the ass to deal with.
It's a dynamic IP and it's causing a lot of problems. They've been bitches to deal with since last semester. They know what the issue is and how to fix it, they just haven't. I'm an RA so I have some pull with people that can make them stop being lazy.

RoboPlato said:

Ah - I see. That is unfortunate. The only other way I know of is (as was mentioned earlier) to set up the memory stick with the appropriate directory structure.

On a different topic though, it seems that there can only be a maximum of 15 bots in a match and a maximum of 16 players. Is this correct? So when we are setting up a match and using bots while we wait for people to join the game will only have 16 players in it until there are no bots present? Then it will fill up to the 32 player max?

Also - and I am in no way comparing or attempting to derail - how many characters are there in a round of Horde mode (Gears 2)? It seems to be widely praised by players of that game and it sounds like it would be a neat co-op like expansion in the future. KZ2 could have something like 4 players vs upto 12 A.I enemies on various maps and they would just utilize different classes and A.I difficulties as the go through waves.

Arnie

F#A#Oo said:
Those of you who have ordered off ShopTo I recieved an e-mail from their customer services. Even though their current release date is 27th...the rep indicated their waiting on word whether they can align release with the rest of Europe which is the 26th. If this is the case then UK customers will actually be recieving the game on the 25th as ShopTo are a bit naughty and break release dates by a day as they ALWAYS ship for next day delivery. :D
Just to clarify, did they send you an email randomly or did they reply to your query? I ordered from there a while back however I have no such email surrounding the games release date, only newsletters from them. Also on your account at their website, does yours still say preordered on the right hand side of the screen or has it moved to orders yet?

P.s. you are on my psn list, we shall have some awesome EU multiplayer clan sessions around release!

Q-bert

Banned
RoboPlato said:

I think they did it like that so that you have a quick button to knife-melee instead of rifle-melee.

I've used it a couple times when in close quarters and run out of ammo; just get in even closer while drawing your knife and you'll get the guy.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Damn, my bluray drive just died so it looks like I'll be cutting it close to the release date. Good news is I have 2 weeks left on the 90 day warranty, but I hope they just send a refurb rather than repairing mine, I don't want to miss this game on Day 1 :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Applesauce said:
Damn, my bluray drive just died so it looks like I'll be cutting it close to the release date. Good news is I have 2 weeks left on the 90 day warranty, but I hope they just send a refurb rather than repairing mine, I don't want to miss this game on Day 1 :(
You should get it back in a week or so. I've had to send mine in twice and both times I got it back in a week.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
RoboPlato said:
You should get it back in a week or so. I've had to send mine in twice and both times I got it back in a week.

That's how long it took the first time (This unit is the replacement of my original 40GB), sent it out on Monday, got it back Friday. But that one yellow-lighted, this one just needs a new drive. Was yours for drive problems or something else?

Eh, fuck it, I need an 80GB anyways :lol

Darkpen

Banned
blazinglazers said:
:lol Fucking lol at the flame-out Doombriger pic!

R.I.P.

Stupid question: what's the story with "Wollan's View"?

Slightly stupid question in the face of such an amazing OP: is there really going to be no LE edition in North America?
there's also a duckroll level if you look hard enough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Applesauce said:
That's how long it took the first time (This unit is the replacement of my original 40GB), sent it out on Monday, got it back Friday. But that one yellow-lighted, this one just needs a new drive. Was yours for drive problems or something else?

Eh, fuck it, I need an 80GB anyways :lol
I had freezing issues with everything. The first time they sent it back without doing anything and then they just sent me a refurb.

F#A#Oo

Banned
-ARNiE- said:
Just to clarify, did they send you an email randomly or did they reply to your query? I ordered from there a while back however I have no such email surrounding the games release date, only newsletters from them. Also on your account at their website, does yours still say preordered on the right hand side of the screen or has it moved to orders yet?

P.s. you are on my psn list, we shall have some awesome EU multiplayer clan sessions around release!

No...I actually queried them as they have an asterix with the date of the game and I was bemused by it. Yes when you pre-order from them it stays in the right side box till they start processing it. You must make sure your details are correct otherwise you might see a delay.

As it stands anyone that has pre-ordered from them will be receiving the game on the 26th. Which is the same as Europe anyways.:D

Saiyu

Brilliant timeline, it definitely sounds like one of the most believable storylines in a video game. I have a question though, how come the humans can invade Helghan without any masks?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Saiyu said:
Brilliant timeline, it definitely sounds like one of the most believable storylines in a video game. I have a question though, how come the humans can invade Helghan without any masks?
They thought they would be greeted as liberators and would be off the planet before long. The atmosphere only causes damage over very prolonged exposure.

Top Bottom