• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
lupinko said:
Answer 1: Wollan is a big fan of Killzone in general, Guerrilla took notice of this and gave him props in the game.
Answer 2: No LE whatsoever.

seriously? if that's true kudos to Guerilla b/c that's fucking awesome of them. Did they tell Wollan this ahead of time or did they just do it?

Saiyu

RoboPlato said:
They thought they would be greeted as liberators and would be off the planet before long. The atmosphere only causes damage over very prolonged exposure.

Makes sense. All this backstory and parallels with our own history makes me a lot more interested in the single player of Killzone 2.

Anton668

Just a quick question.

I see that KZ2 is getting knocked for not having a co-op mode. When did co-op become the norm and games not having it get knocked down in their reviews? Mind you this is not me whining because of low review scores. I really wanna know when did this change take place. Hell, I wish multi-player offline of any form was the norm. I miss those days......

h0pper said:
seriously? if that's true kudos to Guerilla b/c that's fucking awesome of them. Did they tell Wollan this ahead of time or did they just do it?

I should have whored myself out on Gaf, too. Maybe I would have gotten a level. I probably played the original Killzone 10x the amount of hours online than he did.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
shadowsdarknes said:
I should have whored myself out on Gaf, too. Maybe I would have gotten a level. I probably played the original Killzone 10x the amount of hours online than he did.

Those are the breaks.

thaOwner

RoboPlato said:
They thought they would be greeted as liberators and would be off the planet before long. The atmosphere only causes damage over very prolonged exposure.
Some knows history.....
have no idea if what you said is true or not but it sounds believable

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
shadowsdarknes said:

lol. GAF HAS TEH POWAH1!!

Das-J

Law of the West
Dammit... now I have to devote an hour to reading the entire backstory! :lol

Good job Bruce and Wollan, hell of a thread!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anton668 said:
Just a quick question.

I see that KZ2 is getting knocked for not having a co-op mode. When did co-op become the norm and games not having it get knocked down in their reviews? Mind you this is not me whining because of low review scores. I really wanna know when did this change take place. Hell, I wish multi-player offline of any form was the norm. I miss those days......
I think it more stems from the fact that there are a lot of scenarios in KZ2 that seem like they were set up with co-op in mind. There are many times when you're with one other squad member and you both work together, like in the demo when Garza gives Sev a boost then Sev pulls him up. I think a lot of reviewers mentioned it because it seemed like it was set up for co-op but didn't have it.

DoomGyver

shadowsdarknes said:
Someones jealous, and did you just call Wollan a whore? Shame on you.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Old? http://gamingfront.net/story-213-.html

Over the past few weeks GamingFront.net have been plugging away trying to find out just how well the GameStop/Killzone 2 pre-order promotion is going. Now it appears as if most gamers that pre-ordered Killzone 2 will have to wait until their local GameStop store opens the day of the 27th.

Numerous GameStop locations throughout the west coast have stated that there are just not enough pre-orders of the game to warrant a midnight release.

So no midnight launch at GS.

Zeliard

shadowsdarknes said:

Shadows' Darknes?

Anton668 said:
Just a quick question.

The change took place especially for Killzone 2, can't say I didn't see this one coming though.

I'd really like to see what a female "Hig" looks like, or a child. It's be interesting to see war crimes committed against them since there's some obvious racism going on here, or maybe even get a chance to commit some war crimes of my own?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anton668 said:
I see that KZ2 is getting knocked for not having a co-op mode. When did co-op become the norm and games not having it get knocked down in their reviews?

Considering that all of the high profile FPS's that have come out in the past 6 months. Left4Dead, Gears 2 and WaW. Not to mention that people keep wanting to compare and have KZ2 be a rival to Halo and well Halo 3 has co-op.

I know for me it was a big blow when I found out there was no co-op. We'll see if GG can maybe do something about it later down the line.

F#A#Oo said:
Considering that all of the high profile FPS's that have come out in the past 6 months. Left4Dead, Gears 2 and WaW. Not to mention that people keep wanting to compare and have KZ2 be a rival to Halo and well Halo 3 has co-op.

I know for me it was a big blow when I found out there was no co-op. We'll see if GG can maybe do something about it later down the line.

Its true that the coop campaign isn't available but at least there are intelligent bots in multiplayer.

That will make for some fun times with friends to be sure (which is the point and purpose of the coop campaign).

You and 2 buddies against 12 bots or something like that.

Anton668

Tylahedras said:
I'd really like to see what a female "Hig" looks like, or a child. It's be interesting to see war crimes committed against them since there's some obvious racism going on here, or maybe even get a chance to commit some war crimes of my own?

If I may ask....

What flavor crack are you smoking?!?!?!?!?!?

DoomGyver

shadowsdarknes said:
Jealous...Nah :D

And wollan a whore? Nah.. Maybe just a Sony Slave..

In all seriousness.. JK
k then, well this is probably where wollan would correct me by saying he's actually a slut, not a whore and makes a good living on tips alone.

My friend is a store-manager at GameStop and received an early copy of the game today. He invited me over and we spent about 2,5 hours going through the campaign, and another 1,5 hours playing around the Skirmish -mode. Suffice to say that the campaign delivers in spades ( it gets way better than the demo ), and the multiplayer seems to be absolute ace in this one. Can't wait to play this game online.

andycapps

shadowsdarknes said:

I wouldn't call it whoring yourself out, but GAF is the place that the most developers are on. They're either actively posting here or lurking.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tylahedras said:
Unless it was showing female and children Helghast as a way of humanizing them I doubt we'll see them. Allowing the player to commit war crimes is in bad taste, would draw unnecessary controversy to the game, and probably not be enjoyable for the player.

Tylahedras said:

Great idea for a mini-game there......

raYne

UntoldDreams said:
I don't think the exclusive demo was a smart way to go for gamestop.

I think an action figurine would have sold a lot more boxes.
To be honest, I'd say that'd be even more useless to the average customer.

RoboPlato said:
Unless it was showing female and children Helghast as a way of humanizing them I doubt we'll see them. Allowing the player to commit war crimes is in bad taste, would draw unnecessary controversy to the game, and probably not be enjoyable for the player.

But... in Resistance 2 we kill Chimeran incubation pods. Those are like Chimera babies aren't they? Sure they were created from the zombified corpses of humans but...
Lets not get racist here!

Darkpen

Banned
so... how do I download alba's theme? Was it taken down? Has anyone mirrored it?

Read TTP's impression on the game, very well written :D

Darkpen said:
so... how do I download alba's theme? Was it taken down? Has anyone mirrored it?

Read TTP's impression on the game, very well written :D

FROM ALBA "working like crazy to get it done in time, if the download link isn't present at the time you're reading this, check it a little
while after and it *should* be there, hopefully"

Anton668

Tylahedras said:
What you saying bald women in gas masks don't do anything for you?

Im not saying that at all. Got a few bookmarks for just that sort of thing.

Tylahedras said:
since there's some obvious racism going on here, or maybe even get a chance to commit some war crimes of my own?

Thats the part that has me wondering your flavor preferences.

raYne said:
To be honest, I'd say that'd be even more useless to the average customer.

I suppose it depends on who they want to sell the pre-orders to more.

If its the "gotta get em all" gaming enthusiasts then I think they would pick the action figure.

If its the average consumer then 100% for sure they would go for the Amazon $5 off discount (which I was happy about).

I know I would have gotten the action figure over the discount myself.
(Yeah I know cat helmet, right?)

Darkpen

Banned
Also, I'd just like to say that I appreciate how much the graphics in the OP were toned down in comparison to, say, the Resistance 2 thread, bruce :lol

and what's with no one mentioning dakurol alley? D: was that debunked to be merely a coincidence? D:

As for the discussion at hand: Personally, I would love to make a game where the player's character at some point commits a war crime or two, just to illustrate how fucked up shit has been in human history, but I don't think the medium is mature enough, at least not yet. Jaffe's "Homeland" concept still comes to mind.

lupinko

UntoldDreams said:
But... in Resistance 2 we kill Chimeran incubation pods. Those are like Chimera babies aren't they? Sure they were created from the zombified corpses of humans but...
Lets not get racist here!

Neogaf doesn't care about Chimera people.

Anton668

UntoldDreams said:
I don't think the exclusive demo was a smart way to go for gamestop.

I think an action figurine would have sold a lot more boxes.

I think another reason for the low turnout at GS is the lack of anything KZ2 in the stores. Least the ones i've been to. The 3 near me have NO adverts for the game at all!

EmCeeGramr said:
Oh dear. This game is making people lose their minds. (read the comments section too)

I think the release of this game will be a boon for all humanity. Both for gamers who want a great FPS for their PS3, and for gamers who like to browse the internet. :lol

Wow... Before the only thing against this guy was that he tended to score Sony stuff pretty low on metacritic. (Don't get me wrong I don't believe he's a paid troll or anything just a fanboy himself).

This though... Is sad. He takes a comment from one site and generalizes it against a large group of people. Insult to injury is using Rush Limbaugh as a comparison. Yikes.

That's just waaaaaay overboard.

thaOwner

raYne said:
I said wow. I'm surprised that's the case.
I'd be surprised if that was the case. That site has a history of posting "news" for just for hits.
I refuse to believe it unless it coming fro a different site or from someone here on GAF who have asked about a midnight launch at a GS store.

Top Bottom