• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Zen

Banned
This excellent work by BruceLeeroy has motivated me to play through the demo again.

Now... about that input lag... :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
wmat said:
And I hope they didn't fucking put german voices in there or at least give me a choice concerning language. Stop that forced localization shit, dev houses, it's rarely bearable (sorry voice dudes), and if it's too bad, we import, so you're wasting your money and our time.
The game has selectable languages at the very beginning, just like the demo. Some languages are fully voiced, some just have subtitles. As an opposite to a demo however, once you select a language in full game, you're stuck with it until you delete a save file and start a whole new game.

ashism

Jesus christ, what an amazing OP.
Love the MP stuff.
GAF west coast vs GAF east coast, here it comes. All points on the line, don't be a pussy.

Grayman

Huge props to everyone who put work into the thread.

proof reading time ;)
In addition, their space station around the planet of Helghan is perfectly positioned to service ships that pass through Alpha Centauri on course Earth and the new colonies.
I am not an expert on intergalactic travel lexicon but that doesn't read quite right.

xbhaskarx said:
Only 9 posts, damn I just lost $20....

HA yes surprised you guys!

Ploid 3.0 said:
do6jva.jpg

This is such a good picture. The doombringer mask is awesomly incorporated into it. Bruce is the man.

Killzone 2 will forever be associated in my mind with Doombringer. That guy was
fricken classic.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
OH GOD YOU INCLUDED A FULL TIMELINE I FUCKING LOVE YOU.
FUCK THE HATERS.
I also liked Halo's story too.

*180 posts. Oh well. :lol

Mik2121

BruceLeeRoy said:
HA yes surprised you guys!

Killzone 2 will forever be associated in my mind with Doombringer. That guy was
fricken classic.
Btw pretty nice fire effect. May I ask how you made it? Created your own brushes, got some brushes from teh internets or just plain used a picture edited? (I doubt it, and I'd never do that, but you never know..)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Lord Error said:
The game has selectable languages at the very beginning, just like the demo. Some languages are fully voiced, some just have subtitles. As an opposite to a demo however, once you select a language in full game, you're stuck with it until you delete a save file and start a whole new game.
Good enough for me, thanks for clearing that up. That's how you do it!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zen said:
This excellent work by BruceLeeroy has motivated me to play through the demo again.

Now... about that input lag... :p
:lol

and lol at Hazaro <3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rez>You said:
:lol

and lol at Hazaro <3
It's true.
I'm also a whore for the carrier designs. I really want the whole aspect of the universe to be expanded on. There's a lot of potential.

SO AWESOME

2v7tlvo.jpg

I'm reading the Killzone History and really digging it. I never put in any effort to go to the official site and read it, so I'm very happy to see it here in the official thread. Since I'll be visiting this site often, it's great to have a one-stop shop for all things KZ2. I really dug the background on Visari. With such a rich background, I'm surprised to hear that KZ2's story is lacking. Oh well.

Mik2121 said:
Btw pretty nice fire effect. May I ask how you made it? Created your own brushes, got some brushes from teh internets or just plain used a picture edited? (I doubt it, and I'd never do that, but you never know..)

Lots of brushes and images.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PartlyCloudlike said:
I'm reading the Killzone History and really digging it. I never put in any effort to go to the official site and read it, so I'm very happy to see it here in the official thread. Since I'll be visiting this site often, it's great to have a one-stop shop for all things KZ2. I really dug the background on Visari. With such a rich background, I'm surprised to hear that KZ2's story is lacking. Oh well.
The game doesn't go into any of it. At all.

But it's there.

Which is why I am disappointed that they didn't do anything with it :[

You think they could of put "Intel" reports from Helghast around the levels or something to give insight for why the Helghast fight or something. Oh well. It's a dream just like an ice level or jungle level.

*Your tag needs to have 2 links now. :D

Dante

Mojo said:
What's the story on this?

Fantastic official thread btw.

Prob one of the most crazy characters GAF has ever seen. Read the old threads, and check out his sister thread while your at it :lol

DrPirate

Banned
Jesus BLR, well done.... Really well done.

I'll actually take the time to read the story to catch up on backstory as well as some of the TTP impressions, I missed out on those the first time through.

Thanks for congregating all this info for us, I appreciate it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I dont even have a PS3 or anything, but I've got to say that this is the best official thread i've seen in my 11 years on GAF.

Grayman

PartlyCloudlike said:
It is hard to tell a good story in the middle of a video game and telling it through other means in the middle of the game is not good either. I did enjoy reading the time line as well.

Hazaro said:
The game doesn't go into any of it. At all.

But it's there.

Which is why I am disappointed that they didn't do anything with it :[

You think they could of put "Intel" reports from Helghast around the levels or something to give insight for why the Helghast fight or something. Oh well. It's a dream just like an ice level or jungle level.

*Your tag needs to have 2 links now. :D

agghh whyyyy! It would've been awesome if they played Helghan "propaganda" during the game, but as you progress through the story you can decide whether its truth or lies. Whatever, I'm all about the gunplay, and judging by the demo and reviews, it will be my go-to game for many months to come.

Grayman said:
It is hard to tell a good story in the middle of a video game and telling it through other means in the middle of the game is not good either. I did enjoy reading the time line as well.

That's true. Any desire I have for more story is completely ignorant of actual game design and all the logistics involved in telling a story in a video game. I know I'll love the game, so no matter.

jax (old)

Banned
I wonder how KZ2 is going to sell, its truly amazing and I thought the demo was really really stellar. Day One for me even though I should saving for my home. :S but yess!!

DoomGyver

Tylahedras said:
Does anyone have a link that tells you which weapons are available for each class?
Found this list, shows what weapons are available for each class.

Rifleman

M82 Assault Rifle
StA-52 Assault Rifle
StA-11 SMG
VC9 Rocket Launcher
M13 Combat Shotgun
M1 LMG
StA3 LMG
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
Grenade Launcher
M194 Frag Grenade

Medic

M82 Assault Rifle
StA-52 Assault Rifle
M4 Revolver
StA-18 Pistol
M194 Frag Grenade

Tactician

M82 Assault Rifle
StA-52 Assault Rifle
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Engineer

M13 Combat Shotgun
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Assault

M327 Grenade Launcher
M80 Rocket Launcher
VC9 Rocket Launcher
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Saboteur

StA-14 Rifle
StA-11 SMG
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Scout

VC-32 Sniper Rifle
StA-18 Pistol
M4 Revolver
M194 Frag Grenade

Dizzan

MINI Member
My KZ2 thread was better.

Crazy amount of work into this. Unban Wollan and let him revel in its glory!! :lol

Anyway, I used to think these megathreads were a waste of time and basically just ads for a game but I really like them now. All the info I could ever want about the game in one place. Good job Bruce and Wollan.

xaosslug

awesome job on the official thread, BruceLeeRoy! Yet again, you've outdone yourself.

i've been hype over KZ2 for ages, my balls are blue over here! I cannot wait to finally... :D

Top Bottom