• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

Proelite

An announcement is delayed.

Big fucking woopdy-doo.

All you whiners are just overreacting as usual. It's not like the game is canceled or something. When the right time to announce the new game the viral will continue right on since it all pieces of digital content and coding anyways.

I don't know what to believe.

I want to hope this is fake, but honestly I don't know what to think.

I can not believe what a fuck up this E3 has been.

Never has an E3 brought so much disappointment.

soldat7

BenjaminBirdie said:
This is a TOTAL shine job you guys. There is no way they would throw the publisher under the bus like that.

KEEP IT CLEAN.

But then there's this:

LukeSmith said:
Nope.
Not our style. We already are deeply disappointed with how things unfolded to this point without getting our fans to the intended payoff.

I don't think this was known to Bungie.

MMaRsu

Banned
keep%20calm.jpg

Koojay

the disgruntled gamer said:
So people know.

I would just think they would restore the original front page with a news post, but however the cookie crumbles this fucking sucks.

Where does the Microsoft hate mail go?

Falagard

Kibbles said:
:eek: Do you guys not know who just posted? ;p

Hrm. WTF - now I'm confused. I was totally convinced that Microsoft had fucked over Bungie at the last minute.

My theory was that Bungie knew they weren't going to announce anything during the Microsoft conference, so they said "expect delays" because it was going to come a day later. And then... Microsoft pulled the plug on the reveal. Mostly it was Luke Smith saying it wasn't Bungie's style to fuck over fans like that. But then Frankie comes on and posts "Keep it clean" and confuses the hell out of me. I think he was just saying "don't get too pissed off about these bad events" but... the other part of me thinks he's fucking with us.

LukeSmith said:
Our publisher is Microsoft.
How could this happen Luke? We need more explanation then what we are getting? This is a huge betrayal, when did MS start talking of pulling the plug? Their has to be some sort of compromise that can be made.

I feel so betrayed.

RyuHayate

"Keep it clean"...

Does that mean we're supposed to refrain from using colorful language when reacting to this news?

Well, fudge, Bungie. Motherfluffing, toe sucking fudge.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm guessing it's fake. Did they really stop it at exactly 7:00 and then go and change all the pics on the cams on Bungie.net and remove all the superintendents?

Seems way too setup.

Danthrax said:
FFS, this E3 is like a nightmare that couldn't possibly happen in real life. I don't know how things could go more wrong.

v-for-vendettacopy.png

I think that picture is really great. :lol

Made it right after this dumb-ass announcement came out. :lol

E3 can't get any worse...

DuckRacer

dunno if this has been posted

skip said:
1up yours is done and sent to our prod department. GFW is recording right now and will follow suit.

and turns out our friend can't make it tomorrow. circumstances beyond his control. he's sad, too. :(

:*******(

(((((
"our friend" is likely luke smith. if this were bs, would skip really play along with all this in a 1up yours thread?

i really like halo and was looking forward to the announcement but the entertainment value from it's cancellation will have to due.

I FUCKING HATE MSFT! :lol

nyong

Banned
Hopefully they realize that by doing this they've done serious damage to a future announcement's momentum. There's still time to make this right unannounced and mysterious "publisher." If not, I hope the gaming press takes ahold of this story and runs with it.

Duck said:

"our friend" is likely luke smith. if this were bs, would skip really play along with all this in a 1up yours thread?
Luke is a friend of the show.

Oh, what the fuck am I saying, this is really happening stop being delusional. Microsoft just fucked us over and their is nothing we can do but take it.

Nicely done Microsoft.

clashfan

Proelite said:
An announcement is delayed.

Big fucking woopdy-doo.

All you whiners are just overreacting as usual. It's not like the game is canceled or something. When the right time to announce the new game the viral will continue right on since it all pieces of digital content and coding anyways.

The pretty much sums it up. It's frustrating but the game will still come out.

Falagard

UltimaPooh said:
Alpha Delta08 at the Halo 3 forums found this in the source code:

It was meant to stop at 12.

That doesn't mean squat, it's just a default value for the HTML until the javascript kicks in and starts updating the timer.

PS2 KID

Cool Hand Luke said:
Yeah, I'm sure Square just trashed MS event and announced FFXIII without their knowledge. Microsoft must have been pretty darn surprised. Kudos for acting so fast and being able to cancel this on such a short notice.

All I can think of is that Microsoft didn't take the spotlight off their major announcement which was FFXIII.

I'm sure Bungie was pissed as well as Halo has been the flagship title for the XBOX since it's inception. It's like they've been demoted. They really can't object as Microsoft probably has a huge marketing package for them. Can't bite the hand that feeds you. It's unfortunate.

From HBO:

Update: we're getting a lot of mail from people who are speculating that this is a stunt (to build excitement for an announcement tomorrow), or that Bungie.net got hacked - I can confirm, after speaking to more than one Bungie spokesperson, that this is no stunt, no joke. This is real, and they're as unhappy about it as we are.

I'm assuming it's real.

:(

ToyMachine228 said:
At least Luke's being brutally honest. Sorry Luke, you guys have to be as pissed as we are. Microsoft owes us MS Points or something.

god lord you must be joking. i could really use some points tho. :D

Kibbles

Duck said:

Wow, yeah it's true. After reading everything skip posted, it fit perfectly with everything that's been going on. WTF. =(

lol at everything emailing poor Louis Wu. Go bitch to Microsoft!

Kibbles said:
Wow, yeah it's true. After reading everything skip posted, it fit perfectly with everything that's been going on. WTF. =(

lol at everything emailing poor Louis Wu. Go bitch to Microsoft!

Yeah. That 1up note clinches it.

Darn it.

Top Bottom