• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Oaks S3: Final Season Oct 20th

Bleepey

Disappointed this show didn't get Pop Culture traction. It's the best show set in the 80s at the moment and yes I am including Stranger Things in that too

A14x26yvETL._RI_.jpg

What's it about?

Watch this.

I really suck at the OT thing but it's basically about the trials and tribulations of a amateur filmmaker who is navigating love, life and employment in a country club. If you like great pacing, comedy and heart. Get on it! I rarely rewatch shows but I think this might be rewatched in preparation for S3. This is probably one of the most slept on shows.

Aww man, final season? That sucks. Great show with a fantastic sound track. (Thank God for amazon's video player for providing info on the music used in each scene)

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Oh nice. Loved the first season, and the second was even better. I was certain his wouldn't be back for another season, so it's nice to see they get to wrap things up. Paul Reiser is awesome on this show (hell, everyone is). OP tells no lies when he says this is the best show set in the 80s. Better than Stranger Things. Better than The Goldberg's. Better than Half and Catch Fire or The Americans. I know it doesn't deal with as lofty themes as some of these, but it has more of a genuine 80s coming of age feel than any of the aforementioned.

Aselith

Just finished up the season and much as you might wish for more, they end the show in a really good place. It was a really good final season.

sammex

Shame it was just the 6 episodes but in terms of coming to a conclusion and wrapping everything up nicely, lots of shows don't get that luxury.

I especially liked how they
ended things for David's parents, especially his dad.

Awesome. My wife and I love this show and have been waiting for it to come back. Really well done and a surprisingly terrific cast.

Bleepey

Don't think I want to watch it without her being in it

She's in it briefly and there's a scene with her when she's flirting with Boy chick and oh lord I pray I find a woman that once in my life I have a girl like her look at me the way she looked at him.

Just finished it, really sad this show is done now. Also really sad the last season was so short. I really connected to this show due to the film aspect. A nice gem to look back on.

Bleepey

Just finished it, really sad this show is done now. Also really sad the last season was so short. I really connected to this show due to the film aspect. A nice gem to look back on.

I get the feelings the views and increase in subscribers weren't great enough to make up a good enough return on investment for the licenced soundtrack. I'd love for there to be a return in a few years. Great show

Top Bottom