• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT2| All Riffs, No Gifs

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Funny metal Easter eggs in Horizon: Zero Dawn! Someone at Guerrilla Games is a metal fan for sure (and probably doesn't care for modern new trends... though they still refer to deathcore ;))

(Pt. 1, no spoilers)
HorizonZeroDawn_20170325172810.png

(Pt. 2, might be spoilerish, though it's vague and you probably won't know what it's all about until late-game, but tagging just in case)
HorizonZeroDawn_20170325172822.png

Fuck off, bashcore! You are a false, don't entry!

Funny metal Easter eggs in Horizon: Zero Dawn! Someone at Guerrilla Games is a metal fan for sure (and probably doesn't care for modern new trends... though they still refer to deathcore ;))

(Pt. 1, no spoilers)
HorizonZeroDawn_20170325172810.png

(Pt. 2, might be spoilerish, though it's vague and you probably won't know what it's all about until late-game, but tagging just in case)
HorizonZeroDawn_20170325172822.png

Fuck off, bashcore! You are a false, don't entry!

LOL Bashcore.

Didn't know this was in here, pretty funny!

fallout

A little OT, but Horizon: Zero Dawn definitely wins my personal award for Most Generic Video Game Title of 2017 so far. I always forget which game it is whenever someone brings it up.

I was delirious after playing too much basketball, but now I just realize that Horizon is that game with the cool chick tripping out robots, and not a Metal Gear game....

Honestly, I think Leviathan is a really boring album, how anyone loves it is beyond me. I get people liking Remission and Crack the Skye but Leviathan is repetitive as fuck and the only Mastodon album I don't like.

Oh man tell me you at least like March of the Fire Ants, that's their best song. I saw a set once where the ending songs were Iron Tusk => March => Blood & Thunder and that's just fire. Ranking the albums I'd go

1. Crack
2. Leviathan
3. Remission
4. Blood Mountain (not consistent in quality but it has some of their best songs)
5. The Hunter
6. Emperor of Sand (listened to it a bunch and it may end up above The Hunter)
7. Once More (not a fan at all, the only poor album they've put out)

Hate was too strong of a word, haha. It's just that I don't enjoy listening to it for exactly the same reasons I dislike most of Blood Mountain. I think of it as a more experimental Remission part II. My ranking would be:

1. Crack The Skye (this may be one of my top 10 metal records)
2. Leviathan (some great hits on here. I love Aqua Dementia!)
3. The Hunter (Curl of The Burl is a guilty pleasure. The Sparrow, Dry Bone Valley and Thickening are among their best songs for me.)
4/5. Emperor or Once More...Can't decide
6. Blood Mountain
7. Remission

RDreamer

My personal Mastodon Rankings:

1. Crack the Skye
2. Emperor of Sand
3. Leviathan
4. The Hunter
5. Once More Round the Sun
6. Blood Mountain
7. Remission

Kreator and Slayer day today, cause it's fucking monday!!

Kreator and Obituary Thursday for me. I'm not even a thrash guy but my boss is dragging me and I was like "Eh, why the fuck not"

Oathbreaker show last night was good. Sannhet I'd never heard of before but they played their hearts out, really high energy. Oathbreaker was really good though they sure were Rheia-heavy in their setlist. I love the lead singer though, she has just a long explosion of hair and you couldn't see her face the entire set; it was like a microphone pushed into Cousin It. For being the last stop on their tour her clean singing was pitch perfect.

Also all this Leviathan slander. Sickening.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
A little OT, but Horizon: Zero Dawn definitely wins my personal award for Most Generic Video Game Title of 2017 so far. I always forget which game it is whenever someone brings it up.

Meh. It's a good title that fits perfectly in the game's world/story, and it's a kick-ass game too. Y'all missing out

Vader and Immolation for me tomorrow, very much looking forward to it, we have a decent sized polish community in Manchester and they always turn out in force for Vader!

I saw Havok live last week, along with Gorod, Warbringer, and Exmortus. Wasn't really familiar with the other three bands, but Warbringer especially were really good, and the dude's voice in Gorod was beastly. The singer from Warbringer came on stage during 'Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death' and sand along with the "power...control!" part of the chorus. Was pretty epic.

Bitanator

I saw Havok live last week, along with Gorod, Warbringer, and Exmortus. Wasn't really familiar with the other three bands, but Warbringer especially were really good, and the dude's voice in Gorod was beastly. The singer from Warbringer came on stage during 'Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death' and sand along with the "power...control!" part of the chorus. Was pretty epic.

Did you become an Exmortus fan?

Bitanator

I wasn't really paying attention to them much tbh. They were the first act on and I was at the bar talking with a few other people.

Really fun band, great to chat with after a set. Technical band, bring neoclassical style to their music, also released one of my favorite thrash albums of 2014, saw them countless time during that tour.

Warbringer is incredible live. Top 3 live band for me. I'm glad their new album was a return to form after the disappointing 3rd release.

e_i

The new Ulver is great!

"Poor little sister, I hope you'll understand. The babe in the woods will be taken by a wolf."

Top Bottom