• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I should care more about it, but I've become desensitized to the whole sentencing thing for non-minorities. I hate it. It's awful. Something should be done about it. But I can't bring myself to be angry anymore.

Morning ya'll

The oxford girl, I don't see much reason to destroy her life over what she did. In comparison to other sentencing? It's not just, but that's because other sentencing is outright BS without proper defense and bias.

Check her into rehab, put her on probation etc.

I'd be on the same page as you if someone with more pigment would get that same benefit..

They wouldn't
:Shrug: So fuck her..

Faustek

Good on you young Pride.

The response is good though.

https://twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/866468749393702912

I know I should care more about it, but I've become desensitized to the whole sentencing thing for non-minorities. I hate it. It's awful. Something should be done about it. But I can't bring myself to be angry anymore.

Don't become hollow.

Numb

I went to my 2 yr old nephews birthday party yesterday. Why was there nearly a fight with someone else's family? It's gonna be a long summer

Those nephews in question

Yes. That's snow in the back and sunshine at the same time currently
They look innocent but got the devil's energy no one can keep up

Don't become hollow.

It is more of a, but of course, type of thing. Her, that guy that had the judge intervene in the rape case, and every other similar event. I'm not angry anymore. This has happened for pretty much ever. I just want laws to be applied justly. So now I need to figure out how to make that happen. Being angry might help, but right now, I'm more focused on true avenues of creating judicial reform

Those nephews in question

Yes. That's snow in the back and sunshine at the same time currently
They look innocent but got the devil's energy no one can keep up

See, those 2 look like they can fuck shit up all day. I know that look on their faces. My nephew makes the same one before he runs off and gets into some shit

Numb

It is more of a, but of course, type of thing. Her, that guy that had the judge intervene in the rape case, and every other similar event. I'm not angry anymore. This has happened for pretty much ever. I just want laws to be applied justly. So now I need to figure out how to make that happen. Being angry might help, but right now, I'm more focused on true avenues of creating judicial reform

See, those 2 look like they can fuck shit up all day. I know that look on their faces. My nephew makes the same one before he runs off and gets into some shit

Nieces > nephews

Izuna

Banned
I'd be on the same page as you if someone with more pigment would get that same benefit..

They wouldn't
:Shrug: So fuck her..

Harder sentencing for privileged people is not the answer, less ridiculous sentencing for the underprivileged is.

Especially when it comes to drug abuse, I agree with Nick Clegg that they should be given help rather than punishment.

Numb

It is impossible. Spoiled bastards

Why does your pillow look like a person?

"Why does it smell like jergens, but you're still ashy? Can you explain that Uncle Slayven?"

full

Harder sentencing for privileged people is not the answer, less ridiculous sentencing for the underprivileged is.

Especially when it comes to drug abuse, I agree with Nick Clegg that they should be given help rather than punishment.

Oh I agree there should be less harsh punishments for underprivileged people. But there won't be anytime soon.

So if they made it equal punishments for everyone across the board, once it starts affecting those who are privileged us on the bottom might see some change.

Case in point, the heroin/crack epidemic, now it's a mental health issue. Remember what it was in the 80s?

Edit: I'm looking at these issues mainly on how they effect the American population and history, so I can understand if you might see things differently and I can respect that.

Oh I agree there should be less harsh punishments for underprivileged people. But there won't be anytime soon.

So if they made it equal punishments for everyone across the board, once it starts affecting those who are privileged us on the bottom might see some change.

Case in point, the heroin/crack epidemic, now it's a mental health issue. Remember what it was in the 80s?

Edit: I'm looking at these issues mainly on how they effect the American population and history, so I can understand if you might see things differently and I can respect that.

It was a shoot em up or lock em up issue back then

It was a shoot em up or lock em up issue back then

Yup, a black issue only, black drug use epidemic on crack, cocaine and heroine that lead to gun violence and gangs. But now that white people seems to be having the issue that was brought onto the black community years ago, its suddenly and more specifically just a mental health issue.

Sch1sm

The whole thing with this case is they don't want to sentence this girl at all, though, so I can't see how we can even begin to say it's a thing of needing "less ridiculous" punishments for underprivileged folks rather than equivalent punishment for the privileged.

They just need some punishment, not a slap on the wrist, not a, "What you did was bad, but it must be a one-off and we have hope for your future," but a genuine consequence for their actions. iirc the charge for something like what she did is between 3-15 years. She doesn't necessarily have to get the high end of that, just something.

The whole thing with this case is they don't want to sentence this girl at all, though, so I can't see how we can even begin to say it's a thing of needing "less ridiculous" punishments for underprivileged folks rather than equivalent punishment for the privileged.

They just need some punishment, not a slap on the wrist, not a, "What you did was bad, but it must be a one-off and we have hope for your future," but a genuine consequence for their actions. iirc the charge for something like what she did is between 3-15 years. She doesn't necessarily have to get the high end of that, just something.

They could sentence her, credit her for time served, and have her serve the rest on probation. But even then, they'd just have her record sealed or wiped. So...she really suffers nothing.

Sch1sm

They could sentence her, credit her for time served, and have her serve the rest on probation. But even then, they'd just have her record sealed or wiped. So...she really suffers nothing.

I'd take that over the course it seems to be running now. It's more a concept of setting the stage for not letting things slide just because of a person's situation/contributions.

Again, my issue with the whole ordeal is anyone that is meant to save lives whether its a nurse, PCP, surgeon and they commit a crime that intentionally harms another human being, while also harming themselves (drug addiction), you can no longer be trusted. Her field of study is teaching her the value of life, yet she obviously doesn't appreciate it.

I don't care how bright their future may or may not be. You harm another on an offensive side of things and you're just another asshole. No one is saying she needs 100 year sentence. But there needs to be lesson learned. And you don't learn a lesson by getting slapped on the wrist.

Izuna

Banned

From the little I know of the US, yeah, things are very different.

I personally knew people who had drug offenses who had nothing but a slap on a wrist "first offense" multiple times. One was a mixed raced kid too, who was getting everything (and selling) from his father.

I definitely agree that something should be done in the form of intervention l, especially for these young adults. But to want her to go to prison for X number of years doesn't sit right with me either.

From the little I know of the US, yeah, things are very different.

I personally knew people who had drug offenses who had nothing but a slap on a wrist "first offense" multiple times. One was a mixed raced kid too, who was getting everything (and selling) from his father.

I definitely agree that something should be done in the form of intervention l, especially for these young adults. But to want her to go to prison for X number of years doesn't sit right with me either.

I just want the justice to be blind like they keep lying to me about.

I'd take that over the course it seems to be running now. It's more a concept of setting the stage for not letting things slide just because of a person's situation/contributions.

I hear you. But think about all of her people's contributions throughout history. That has to be factored in to any sentencing

Young attractive white women
Too strong

Something like that...

I just want the justice to be blind like they keep lying to me about.

Justice is blind, but it ain't deaf. It hears the white things, and then justice is served

Johndoey

Banned

Yeah the issue in this case is she's on track to receive no consequences for her actions, because of of some nonsense justification based on her field of study. It's so ridiculous it boggles the mind.

Yeah the issue in this case is she's on track to receive no consequences for her actions, because of of some nonsense justification based on her field of study. It's so ridiculous it boggles the mind.

The truth of the matter is, they just don't want to punish her. They aren't even really trying to make sense of it. They're saying, we think she's more important than the law. The end

Johndoey

Banned
Of course, but I like people to put more effort into their bullshit justifications though. Paint me a beautiful picture of a hard-luck up-and-comer trying to reform the healthcare industry from the inside. Something more than what we got.

Of course, but I like people to put more effort into their bullshit justifications though. Paint me a beautiful picture of a hard-luck up-and-comer trying to reform the healthcare industry from the inside. Something more than what we got.

That sounds like your justification for liking Gotham. It failed there and it'd fail for her. Saying, she ain't getting punished because I have the power to not punish her, says so much more. It really expresses everything a person needs to know about the justice system and the people involved in making decisions regarding people's lives.

Regardless there shouldn't be different laws for people who look different, or hold a different social standing.

Fucking this

Of course there shouldn't be. It's a travesty really. Unfortunately, people tend to create rules for other people, not for themselves or the people they like.

Finn gonna do it big. He's gonna have a purple light saber, just like Mace

Hop some fences, dawg.

Slap a BCT on BB8 for the team. Just don't let Shy catch you at his day gig.

Actor by day

...... Not even gonna hint, but he's a legend in the game, by night

Johndoey

Banned
That sounds like your justification for liking Gotham. It failed there and it'd fail for her. Saying, she ain't getting punished because I have the power to not punish her, says so much more. It really expresses everything a person needs to know about the justice system and the people involved in making decisions regarding people's lives.

Imma send you a dozen Alfred standees.
---
The only parts of Force Awakens I gave a shit about where the Finn/Poe scenes. I need that buddy spin-off movie yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom